Losing my NIE/TIE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jul 2019 8:52 PM by rania27 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello,
Iam originally from Morocco and went to spain to study for which i have received a residency card or a NIE that i have to renew every year. I went back to Morocco for the summer but unfortunately lost my NIE card but need to go back to spain before school starts. I have no idea what to do or where to start, if someone could please give me any guidance that would be very helpful. Applying for a visa again can take months so is there anything else I can do.

Thank you

Like 0      
24 Jul 2019 9:07 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Yes, go to your nearest Spanish Consulate.

Like 2      
27 Jul 2019 11:26 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Rania. As a non EU National you would have had a residencia card.  The number on the card is your NIE

You say you were studying in spain therefore the establishment you attended will have that number and probably a copy of your residencia.    

When you return to spain you can report the loss of the card and apply for a replacement.  If you are unable to return without some paperwork,  as suggested contact  the Spanish consulate in Morocco with the copy  of your residencia / number

good luck 

Like 1      
27 Jul 2019 6:39 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

John, he/she will need residence card or a visa to enter Spain. Maybe a letter from Spanish Consulate would do.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 27/07/2019.

Like 1      
27 Jul 2019 7:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I see your point however the fact one has residencia is on the police records so it should be posible for national  police immigration  officers to confirm that.  Of course there could be a problem with being allowed by the airline to board.

Unless we get news from the OP that the problem is solvable i will ask the police next time i am there   My wife could be in that situation if she lost her residencia whilst out of the EU.  Thanks for the post. 

Further to the above

l have just asked the officer in charge of an extranjeria (National police) your question

You need to make a report to the Spanish consulate in the country where you are,  that you have lost your residencia card (TIE).  You will then be issued with papers enabling you to return to the EU.  Without that paperwork you will not be allowed to enter the EU which would mean the aiine/ ferry etc  would not allow you to board a plane, ship etc

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/08/2019.

Like 1      
01 Aug 2019 10:10 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bringing plants to Spain - 3 posts
inter active cadastral map of spain - 3 posts
Property Extensions and community charges - 9 posts
Won appeal court hearing! - 12 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
Urbanization Cabo Romano, La Manga Del Mar Menor - 0 posts
Driving 'motos' in Spain - 4 posts
extra fees for rental properties - 56 posts
Utilities changeover - 5 posts
CostaluzLawyers fight against Banks very much ON! - 4 posts
Can you purchase a used car and obtain insurance in Spain with a United States drivers license Without owning property? - 10 posts
What Power do the community Magament have - 14 posts
Registered Club Bank Account in Spain - 0 posts
Community Charges - Finding the person who manages the accounts - 5 posts
Bank account commission in Spain to be capped at €3 a month - 14 posts
Volunteer assistants - 1 posts
COMMUNITY FALSE ROOFS IN APARTMENT BLOCKS - 2 posts
spanish car reregistered in germany. now need to deregister in spain. - 1 posts
Are Holiday Rental Sites Safe - 4 posts
Water Company (help) - 6 posts
LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL WITH INDOOR POOL - 2 posts
Will - 5 posts
Spanish utility bills paid from UK Bank. - 4 posts
obtaining hearing aids - 11 posts
Moving to Nerja and finding a school - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x