Buying a car in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2018 10:11 PM by mcfc123 Star rating in Bury/camposol. 35 posts Send private message

Hi,wandering if anyone can help.

I am buying a car in spain,I am a non resident as I have a holiday home on camposol,mazarron.

I have been told by the seller I need a padron,as a non resident I did not think I needed tbis,

Can anyone help me.on this matter.

Thanks

body p

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 8:23 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

21 Feb 2018 10:30 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Sorry to disagree but I have bought two cars here as non-resident and I am not on Padron. A copy of Escritura and NIE is sufficient to obtain registration,

Saludos

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 10:40 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I thought only full time residents in Spain had to sign on the Padron, isn't it illegal to sign on otherwise, because the local council get extra money from the government the more that sign on.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 11:04 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1221 posts Send private message

Someone is a bit out of date. You needed a padron years ago when residents and non-residents could sign on. The government clamped down and now only those whose main home is in Spain can sign on the padron. All you need now is proof of your address but not a padron.

Some dealers are still living in the past and insisting on one but it is not needed and hasn't been for some years.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 2:06 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I just Googled it and you no longer require  the padron ...so you are right...you will need a NIE and proof of your address in Spain.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 4:27 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Maridave.  I agree about not needing to produce a cert of padrón to buy a vehicle but my town and surounding one are still registering holiday home owners on their padrons 

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 4:31 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1221 posts Send private message

So is mine, johnzx, and it has a large holiday home ownership. Simply pop along with NIE and passport and they will put you on the  padron. Other towns, like Torrevieja and Orihuela, will not. It is supposed to be for your primary home as it  also puts you on the electoral role but I guess some places still need the allowances from the regional governments.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 4:43 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Nothing to do with not producing a cert of padron for holiday owners, it's against Spanish law to register a person who doesn't live 24/7 in Spain, many are doing this because of what I said in my earlier post, the local council get extra money to cover extra people, I have a car in Spain and have never even been asked to sign on the padron....And wouldn't anyway.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 5:18 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Baz 1946 why wouldn't you want to ..register on the Pardon if you are living full time in Spain.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 5:27 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I don't live in Spain full time, might have to be different if I did, if someone told me when I go to buy another car I would have to then they would be told 'No thanks not today thank you'

Like 0      
21 Feb 2018 8:47 PM by mcfc123 Star rating in Bury/camposol. 35 posts Send private message

Thank you to everyone who replied,very helpful.

All taken on board.

Thank you

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Right of neighbour over my land - 12 posts
Blood pressure monitor - 2 posts
Best way to transfer money out of Spain - 23 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - RESIDENCIAL PROPERTY - 2 posts
How strange - 7 posts
Buying a Apartment - Wheres the catch? - 10 posts
Fortuna Golf - 6 posts
Neighbour trespassing - 28 posts
Bringing the love to Spain - 4 posts
Revoking a Power of Attorney - 5 posts
Gibraltar and penson - 2 posts
Boundaries - 4 posts
PlusValia Tax - 7 posts
Plants for a roof terrace - 15 posts
Residencia application - 2 posts
Long term rental Torrox or Torre del Mar. Feb 2018 - 0 posts
Does planning permission expire - 7 posts
Non resident enquiry - 10 posts
Stepmother died 3 years ago but still on villa deeds. Tax implication? Fine? - 14 posts
For sale fender mk 111 guitar amplifier - 0 posts
Planning/ license issue - 2 posts
Lawbird - 0 posts
Spanish Resident with Spanish car in UK longer than 6 months - 10 posts
WE WON! - 39 posts
kodi uktv - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x