New to the board - Yorkshire family looking to re locate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2016 4:29 PM by EasternWIldcat1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Good afternoon

I am new to this forum.

My wife and I are looking to re locate the the Canary Islands in the near future.

Ideally I dont intend on working, but I am also being realistic, and if I need to I will.

I have over 20 years of accounting experience, and was wondering if anyone can advise me on careers information, suich as recreuitment agenceis, newspapers, so i can see if there are any positions out there.

Someone once told me that accounting positions in the Canary Islands are hard to come by, as these tend to go to Spanish applicants, and also a lot of companies have offices on the mainland, where the accounting positions tend to be.

Thanks

Like 0      
26 Apr 2016 4:42 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I think accounting positions anywhere in Spain would be diffcult unless you are fluent Spanish and fully conversant of Spanish accountancy and laws etc.

I am sure you will have to get all your qualifications officially translated and notarised - worth talking to the Spanish embassy in UK and see if you can get this done before you depart.

Might even be worth considering a Spanish accountancy qualification again before you depart

Good luck

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Life and work in spain - 4 posts
Used 2015 Lexus LX 570 4WD - 0 posts
Childs seats help - 1 posts
Do You Spain - too good to be true? - 12 posts
Almunecar rastro - 0 posts
How difficult is it to install additional electric wall sockets in Spain? - 0 posts
Renfe train tickets - 14 posts
Case won against Banks in Eurohouse developments - 7 posts
Laura Perth - 3 posts
Victory against Eurohouse banks - 0 posts
Gill - 19 posts
starting off in the sun - 5 posts
Wanting to move to Majorca from UK within the next few months - 8 posts
Ley 57/68 - 26 posts
Uk car in Spain - 4 posts
sparky required - 0 posts
entities - 11 posts
spanish mortgages - 26 posts
IBI Uprating - 8 posts
Transfer of ownership of a motor vechicle not done by Garage(Buyer) - 8 posts
Newbies help - 0 posts
Looking for a second hand 7 seater/jeep - 0 posts
Very Small Dog wanted. - 1 posts
Solicitor - 85 posts
long term rental - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x