dodge property rental in pueblo bravo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jun 2013 12:24 PM by mandyyyy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I saw a nice villa to rent, so mail through to view the property, the woman arrived said the company had been going a long time, lots of clients, good office bla bla bla, we liked the property and arranged on monday morning to go to their office and give money. 

On driving arround looking for office, I call this women to give me directions and she tells me it is her house, is there a board I ask, she says no, the neighbours wouldnt like it, but there are ducks on the gate...hmmmmm, we find her house and get taken to a back room, where we hand over 470 euros, we get a typed up contract (which was worded like a 5 year old) that tells us she needs another 470 then another for the rent, it also has all the rights in the world for this property company...none for the tennants....and I when I ask her for a stamp and her N.I.E. number she gets nasty and says this is not the way they do business. I wonder if anybody else would give 450 euro to somebody who they have met once who works out of their house with ducks on the gate. 

Anyway we gave the money and 5 days later this woman calls and says we are not suitable candidates for the property. FYI we have no depts, both run a business and have a good reputation with everybody...I think this was a women that relised that she couldnt pull her con man stunts on us decided that she could get into trouble bacause she is obviously not legal. We did get our money back, but if anybody is directed to a house with ducks on it, dont go, she is a waste of time and another sterotype britt that wants to make money on the side, while not paying in anything to the system, I am glad we are not all like that.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2013 12:56 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

reputation with everybody...I think this was a women that relised that she couldnt pull her con man stunts on us decided that she could get into trouble bacause she is obviously not

Went to a house not an office...You handed money over to someone you met once....ask for details and she gets nasty.. get a contract worded like a five year old... and even then after all this still very lucky to get your money back.....

then say she realised she couldn't pull a con on you.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2013 1:17 PM by mandyyyy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Yep, we'll said, but I did get her nie and said if the money was not returned, police and my Abogado would be involved, so she probably thought better to return it then have any problems with this couple, saying that if this was your first week in Spain I think things would have been different...

Like 0      
17 Jun 2013 8:47 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Yep, we'll said, but I did get her nie and said if the money was not returned, police and my Abogado would be involved, so she probably thought better to return it then have any problems with this couple, saying that if this was your first week in Spain I think things would have been different...

This is the way of the world, no good thinking otherwise, and has been for many a year, you will always find someone grateful to relieve you of your money if you let them, sometimes a lesson is learnt the hard way, but that can be the best way in many cases.

I think next time it will be you who is the smarter one, and their will be a next time. Glad you come out of it okay.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Powering Community Pool heating and Garden Lights by SOLAR POWER - 0 posts
EUROPA Network ADSL - bad experience. - 5 posts
Property prices, bad news continues - 8 posts
CERTIFICADO DE RETENCIONES‏ - 1 posts
Parking at lloret de mar?? - 1 posts
European car insurance for stolen or undriveable vehicle? - 0 posts
Supermarkets in Sebanillas - 1 posts
Property in spain - 5 posts
Want to learn Spanish Online - 3 posts
Claiming off Staysure Travel Insurance - 0 posts
Fuengirola Electrician - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - Highly Recommended - 0 posts
Spanish Justice? - 7 posts
Action group against CAM Bank/Huma-Cuevas de Almanzora Club - 1 posts
Intro Time - 1 posts
Secuirty Doors - 0 posts
Safety is on the agenda this Summer for Spanish Authorities - 1 posts
Professional cyclist looking for winter accommodation - 0 posts
Balerics - renting out my apartment for holiday lets - 5 posts
a good watchmaker wanted - 0 posts
The Euro Crisis is Over - What a relief !!! - 6 posts
Car hire in Menorca - 1 posts
Free Cancellation car hire - 3 posts
how to pay community tax in Aguilas - 0 posts
Viloriens - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x