SELLING SPANISH CAR IN ENGLAND

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Nov 2012 11:16 AM by dolbenlodge Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

HELLO, I AM TAKING MY SPANISH CAR BACK TO ENGLAND AND HAVE 2 PEOPLE INTERESTED IN BUYING. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I DO. IN ENGLAND YOU WOULD FILL THE LOG BOOK IN AND SEND IT OFF TO THE DVLA WITH THE NEW OWNERS DETAILS.  THANK YOU . MRS TAYLOR

"embed"

Like 0      
18 Nov 2012 1:14 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

The correct way is to notify Spain you have exported the vehicle, and import it into the UK by completing DVLA form 211 and going to your Local DVLA office with your spanish registration document, proof of insurance, proof of MOT test, the road fund tax due and the fee for first registration in UK. DVLA will issue a UK reg number and send you a registration document in the post. At that point you can sell the vehicle and complete the section required for change of keeper in the normal way. Sounds long winded but it not so bad really, just takes a couple of weeks.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2012 1:26 PM by dolbenlodge Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hello, thank you for your much appreciate advice.  The buyers want to take my car bank to Spain as they are relocating to Spain. So, will I still have to register my in with the DVLA in England.

thank you

Like 0      
18 Nov 2012 1:33 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

The problem is, if you don't sell the car correctly, even in Spain, you would still be liable for any taxes and fines etc on the car. So if you sell in UK with Spanish documentation you will be relying on the new owner registering the car in to his name in Spain. If they don't you could end up with a whole load of trouble.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2012 9:40 AM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi dolbenlodge, as andyintorre has said, it's easier to transfer the ownership of your car here in Spain.  I believe there are two ways to do this: go to the trafico office in your area with the new buyer and all neccessary documents or use a Gestoria close to you.  They shouldn't charge much more than 50 euros to comlete the paperwork.  The buyer will have to pay around 400 euros (this is normal wherever it's done)   I think it's called "La Transferencia"  

Good luck

Geoff 

Like 0      
20 Nov 2012 10:50 AM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

The transfer will need to take place in Spain.  If you import it into the UK, it will have a UK registration plate and be subject to restrictions in Spain.  If the purchasers are taking the car to Spain (and I'd guess you will not be in Spain), it's easier to get the transfer done by a gestoria, or at least a Spanish speaking person who is used to the system.  I know a reliable person who could do it for you. If you want to pm me, I'll give you her details.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Peugeot 206 Bonnet Needed - 0 posts
Water Heater, Electric 50 litre For Sale - 0 posts
Final hearing decision - 0 posts
Moving to Javea and need mobile phone and broadband - 3 posts
Lawyer WAS neglegent !?!? - 6 posts
UK TV satellite changes due shortly - Astra 1N to be replaced by 2F - 2 posts
Sandie. - 0 posts
Traffic Police forced to hand out more fines! - 61 posts
Second Hand Golf Clubs MacGragor with Graphite Shaft for Sale - 0 posts
telefonica contact/ adsl help? - 9 posts
Torrevieja Tapa Trail - 2 posts
Running a 3 bedroom House with Pool as a Non Resident of Spain - 1 posts
Paying taxes, or not ! - 16 posts
Social Seguridad - register or not? - 18 posts
HEALTHCARE - 3 posts
Mail delivery on CDA - 1 posts
Television Technology - help required for our Facebook page, TV advice in Spain - 0 posts
running clubs - 1 posts
Saying Hi - 3 posts
Used Golf Clubs for Sale - 0 posts
Updates to UK TV satellite changes - Astra 2F - 1 posts
House swap Mijas Golf apartment for Somerset cottage - 2 posts
cranes for hire - 3 posts
IBI Urbana - 2 posts
camposol bridge - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x