Are Endessa the cheapest supplier in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2012 11:43 AM by robinsp Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Does anyone have any experience of knowing who is the cheapest electricity supplier in Spain.  We are currently using Endessa who seem to be quite expensive as we only use our apartment for approximately 10 weeks a year.  Can anyone help with any alternatives?

Mick

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 12:47 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

The only other company you can try are Iberdrola

https://www.iberdrola.es/webibd/corporativa/iberdrola?IDPAG=ENWEBCLIHOGAR&codCache=13474459126757740

They we claiming to be cheaper than Endessa last year - the don't seem to publish a tariff on their website though.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 2:49 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

There are in fact more companies available but it depends on where you live. As your profile is empty I can't help you specifically.

But another option is Galp Energia, a newcomer to the market in Spain and offering aggresive pricing, but do not give coverage to all of Spain yet. You also have Fenosa Natural Gas (also deliver electricity), E-On Energia and several others. You need to pay special attention to the the termino fijo, this is where most companies make their money and can be more flexible with their pricing, the termino variable is controlled by the state. There are also many plans available for part time supply, specially designed for summer apartments etc. Another issue is the power supply that you have contracted, make sure you are not being supplied with more power than you actually need.The comission of energy , Comision Nacional de Energia has a tool to help determine the cheapest supplier in your area by supplying your postcode.  Go to ther website and click on  link - Consumidores de Energia- or -Comparador.

good luck

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 2:51 PM by robinsp Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Sorry forgot to say - our apartment is in the Costa Del Sol

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 3:07 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

The best thing to do is phone Galp to see if you have coverage or check the website I mentioned.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Orange Internet in Spain - 3 posts
Ryanair Con or Not - 0 posts
HELP moving to spain next year - 9 posts
water flooding the access to my house - 11 posts
Royfonte Kennels La Mairena - 2 posts
Where are you TJ? - 0 posts
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SPANISH CAR INSURANCE COMPANIES - 14 posts
Fantastic Service - 0 posts
Purchase of shower bath? - 0 posts
Moving back to Spain - 2 posts
An Englishman Abroad? - 100 posts
Does Spain have hourly minimum wage rate? - 26 posts
HOW DO SPAIN'S LOCAL TAXES COMPARE WITH UK COUNCIL TAX. - 7 posts
Dation and balance III - 1 posts
apartment in El Campello, Alicante - 0 posts
Wanted car - 3 posts
internet - 2 posts
Any nice Hotels or b/Bs near Alicante Airport - 0 posts
I am spanish woman. Doubts? - 3 posts
- 0 posts
I am spanish woman and I can to help you - 10 posts
What's long term - 3 posts
- 0 posts
Spanish Citizenship Interview Questions - 7 posts
music teacher - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x