English speaking dentists Malaga or Granada area.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Can anyone personally recommend a good english speaking dentist in the Malaga or Granada area?

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
07 Nov 2011 9:12 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I would worry less about English and more their dentistry skills.

If you want I can recommend a good dentist in Torremolinos but not so good on the English.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2011 8:34 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Exactly Faro

I have been reading about this individual that The Olive Press exposed

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2011/11/05/dodgy-dentist-rajkumar-rao-alhaurin/

Foxbat

I use a great Scandinavian practice in Calahonda (English speaking and very resonable) if you want to travel that far.

S

Like 0      
08 Nov 2011 12:03 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Faro... I agree

Team GB thanks for the link. When O.H returns from UK I'll be in touch.

Dentistry in Spain, as in any other country is a very hit and miss business. There is good and bad in all walks of life. but it's a licence to print money whichever way you look at it..

NHS Dentists will wherever possible try to steer patients toward private practice even for minor work which is covered under the terms of the NHS contract. In the space of her last three trips back to the UK O.H.'s private dentist has relieved her of over £2000 for work which is at best temporary. His latest suggestion is that implants are the best solution...

Implants in the UK can cost from £2000 to £20000 and it's not totally dependent upon the degree of difficulty or the amount of work involved or the cost of the materials. Seems to me after a fair bit of investigation that its a case of work out the real cost of the job then add at least two or three noughts. O.H's dentist is looking at  £7,000 for a relatively small job...

Given that these days the CDS exists purely to fleece tourists, expats (and prospective expats) of every available cent, personal recommendation seems to be the way to go for most things.

This is the reason I phrased the question the way I did.

fb

Like 0      
08 Nov 2011 1:11 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

10 Nov 2011 6:19 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

We have been very satisfied with Staffan at the Scandinavian Dental Clinic in Torremolinos. I know quite a few people who have also used him, never heard any complaints. Speaks perfect English of course, and practiced in the UK for many years.

http://www.scandinaviandental.net/

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Nov 2011 7:32 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Joan, Roberto

Many thanks for the recommendations; when OH returns to Spain I will pursue the matter further.

fb

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 9:59 PM by Summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

Summer70´s avatar

Thanks Foxbat

And Joan and Roberto.

The dentist is for me, so I appreciate the recommendations.

I have no qualms about visiting a Spanish speaking dentist - the one I usually see in Granada is fine for general work, but from previous experience, I don't think that the practice is up to doing the complicated work I need done this time.

Also, as I already have extensive notes in English on what needs to be done, I would like to know that the dentist completely understands what's required - hence I would have more confidence in a dentist who speaks English, but if I feel he or she is good, then I'm sure I can get by with my limited dental Spanish and diagrams.

So, Joan and Roberto, I'll contact those dentists when I get back to Spain - Thanks.

And Faro, I would be interested in your dentist too.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2011 9:04 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi there is only one dentist i would go to and who speaks English, it is Marks Dental Clinic tel 952 917 164 Calle De burgos 3 29640 fuengirola malaga.Email markdentalclinic@gmail.com they only take booking over the phone for new  people but as i have been going to him for over 3 yrs i email him before i arrive in spain and he is the very best and great rates.Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello, Advice needed please on purchasing a coastal apartment in the Murcia area - 28 posts
Driving lessons in english - 0 posts
Outstanding Loan on Vehicle - 0 posts
Murcia Appeal Courts for Bank liability for deposits refund - 3 posts
community pool rules - 3 posts
La Marmitas Fuengirola - 0 posts
English speaking lawyer - 0 posts
registered online with aquagest - now how do I get my facturas - 0 posts
Christmas e greeting ... - 4 posts
cannot register online with aquagest levante - 1 posts
Towing a mini digger from UK to Spain - 7 posts
tax iva - 2 posts
cost saving tip when booking flights with the budget airlines - 0 posts
Aer Lingus - 0 posts
How do I find my old posts? and why do I not get email notifications? - 5 posts
Aquagest Estepona - 0 posts
Only have Spanish TV ...But... - 5 posts
Legality for Community AGM's/EGM's - 1 posts
Beware - 1 posts
Paying a speeding Ticket - 20 posts
Health Centre La Cala - 2 posts
€176 BILLION & COUNTING - BANKS REAL ESTATE EXPOSURE - 15 posts
endesa - 0 posts
Underbuild - 5 posts
Commonhold and freehold building elements. - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x