Oldest rock band destined for chart stardom

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 May 2007 12:00 AM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

Oldest rock band destined for chart stardom Wink

Ever thought that Take That were too old to still be called a Boyband? Do you think the Rolling Stones should retire? Well if you answered Yes to both of these questions then you are gonna LOVE this...welcome to the wonderful world of THE ZIMMERS!

Their first single 'My Generation' is released on May 21st. Expect it to climb faster than a Stenna Stair Lift!

Other songs in THE ZIMMERS repertoire include 'Firestarter' by The Prodigy, 'When I'm (one hundred and)64' by The Beatles and the live favorite (Jermain Stewarts worldwide hit) 'We Don't have to take our clothes off (to have a good time)'.

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/zimmers-my-generation-p1.php

The records out now profits from the single go to Age Concern.

Go for it The Zimmers

Davey

Like 0      
25 May 2007 7:41 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Davey,  they were on BBC news tonight they are brilliant let's hope they do well and raise a lot of money.   It just shows your never to old to try anything.  Regards Pat   

Like 0      
25 May 2007 10:37 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

Hi Pat

The t.v. programme is showing on Monday 28 May 2007  2100 BST on BBC Two

Tim Samuels helps some of the most neglected old people in Britain air their grievances by breaking into the pop charts. Meet The Zimmers - the world's oldest rock band has a combined age of over 3,000.

Good luck to the Zimmers

Davey

Like 0      
27 May 2007 8:19 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar
Hi, just noticed the thread and have seen the viedeo which i have watched a few times ( sad cow ) but it think it's brill. I also understand that the record is been released on the 28th May...which I'm gonna buy.....Make's you remember that you don't have to be a bright young thing to enjoy yourself and life !

This message was last edited by Fruit on 5/27/2007.

Like 0      
27 May 2007 11:18 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hey, look what I've done, woohoo. Embed is the way forward.

The Zimmers singing My Generation. Click on the arrow within the black area to watch on here.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/27/2007.

Like 0      
27 May 2007 12:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I've just seen this & you really have to watch it. The Graham Norton Show - The Zimmers - BBC Two. Graham plays higher or lower with The Zimmers ages & it's amazing. I loved it. I couldn't embed it to here as it said "Embedding disabled by request" but it did have the url. Just enjoy it, it's great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vIqR4WunFU

More about The Zimmers on Power To The People on Bank Holiday Monday BBC2 9 - 10pm UK time. "The Great Granny Chart Invasion"

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/27/2007.

Like 0      
27 May 2007 1:44 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Davey, that was brilliant it gave me a laugh they certainly seem to be enjoying themselves, which is what it's all about.  Let's hope they do well Regards Pat

Like 0      
28 May 2007 12:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

For those of us who loved The Who, here they are with the original "My Generation" (in a funny situation on a TV show.)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Trevorcra - 3 posts
Long Term Lets/ Long Term Problems? - 0 posts
Short Term Rentals - 5 posts
Free Language Courses For Your MP3 - 1 posts
new to webb site - 4 posts
we sell ford focus trend wagon 1.8. We buy Family Car - 0 posts
Clare and Mike Aldridge - 0 posts
Is there anybody out there? - 12 posts
MARIA - 4 posts
When exactly are taxes due? - 10 posts
Taxation on two properties - 1 posts
Land Registry - 0 posts
Importing an English plated car - 3 posts
hi,new to site purchased in cox - 9 posts
Refund of Deposit - 1 posts
What is this ? - 5 posts
Any good Employment Agancies in the CDS? - 10 posts
anyone bought / moving to San Miguel de Salinas (Angelina apartments)? - 20 posts
Importing a car derived van into Spain - 45 posts
Private Message - 2 posts
information about the Condado de Alhama resort - 8 posts
We're new and buying in La Tercia Real! Anyone else?? - 10 posts
Gardening - 2 posts
Spanish will - 16 posts
New Channel - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x