Any one missing UK radio?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi,

Just thought I tell you about a gift my husband gave me for christmas.

It's a Roberts Stream 83i DAB come all sorts internet radio. I can now listen to any radio station played over the internet via our WiFi. It's great. Radio 2 and our old local station. Such a pleasure. It uses far less electicity than using the sky box and a TV.Important for us being on solar. Better sound too.

Take care, Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 6:40 PM by comadreja Star rating in the Sierra de Cadiz. 51 posts Send private message

comadreja´s avatar

They are great aren't they, we've got a Magibox one.  Only problem is, when there is a power cut (even for half a second) it takes about ten minutes to reboot, even after the router is back up.  Is the Roberts one any faster?

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 7:10 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi comadreja,

Yes the Roberts is much quicker. Sad thing that I am, I just timed it for you. 40.6 seconds (in total) from unpluged to start of playing.

It does a sort of 'bootup' thing first. Then goes into 'stand by'. You push the 'on' button and it takes about 20 seconds to start playing from there.  Because it uses so little power I tend to leave it on 'stand by'.

If you're interested, Amazon have the best price and it's free postage to spain.

Regards, Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 7:19 PM by comadreja Star rating in the Sierra de Cadiz. 51 posts Send private message

comadreja´s avatar

Thanks Febe, if the Magibox ever gives up the ghost I will know where to look!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fined for driving with ear piece! - 4 posts
gardener/handyman - 13 posts
WANTED: El Suplemento "Magazine" del periodico "El Mundo" 25 Enero 2011 - 1 posts
Who looks after your dog when your away??? - 6 posts
PLANE RIP OFF AND THEIR GETTING AWAY WITH IT - 3 posts
Car Hire Gibraltar - 1 posts
Car Hire Gibraltar - 0 posts
Question for Justin re. privacy - 3 posts
Wanted Packing Boxes - 1 posts
"The UK PM shoots himself in the foot" Downing Street has new rat catcher - 6 posts
3G in Spain - 8 posts
Moving to the states everything must go-make us an offer - 2 posts
Holiday Villa rental - 2 posts
Working Online Section? - 2 posts
Arrow Car Hire Va Va Voom - 4 posts
Want to remortgage my property and need advice - 12 posts
BANK CHARGES - 1 posts
Oil or Gas Central Heating system - 0 posts
Moving To Spain - 1 posts
Private Health Care Plan? - 1 posts
Community Benchmarking - 1 posts
bank guarantees nothing - 2 posts
Legal Situation -Menus in Spanish??? - 12 posts
HANDHELD GPS WANTED - 6 posts
hand held gps - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x