What's with the Weather lately????

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Today is the 09th June 2010... and it is raining here on the Costa Del Sol!?!?!?!?!?!

What, how, why, when and where did someone say "330 days of sunshine on the Costa Del Sol".

And it looks like we are going to get more rain over the coming weekend and into early next week!!!!

Just take a look at theWeather forecast.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2010 6:47 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Your website has a better forecast than the one I use here!  Can you instruct the weather to follow yours - at least we'll have Thursday and Friday with no rain!! 

Like 0      
09 Jun 2010 6:58 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Need to have a word with my holiday- home-owning  Brit neighbour; everytime he comes out here the weather turns to ratsh*t...The wonder is that it didn't change on Sunday when he arrived.

The bad news is that he is here for two weeks!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
09 Jun 2010 7:10 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

foxbat,

But it did!

That's when it started getting cooler!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
09 Jun 2010 7:14 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I used to look at the Weather for Estepona, however the Weather here is much closer to Marbella.

But always a bit warmer here in Duquesa!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
09 Jun 2010 8:18 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Awful weather here in the UK. Clouds since Sunday!

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
09 Jun 2010 8:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Been ANOTHER scorcher here on the Costa Blanca. Slightly cooler than yesterday, thank goodness! It was incredibly hot yesterday. 32C on our front terrace in the shade at 10am & it was the day I asked friends to our place for a 3 course meal!  Still, all my efforts were appreciated.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 9:43 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

"What a difference a day makes.... 24 little hours..."

As I said... What is it with the Weather lately????

More... take a look at the Weather coming your way!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 11:08 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Weather in the Midlands last week was beautiful, blue skies and sunny and warm.  Until Sunday, that is.  It then bucketed down (and I mean absolutely poured, just like it does sometimes in Spain) for 2 days (even lost the telly a few time).  It has been miserable, non-stop drizzly rain ever since although quite humid and sticky in the evenings (remind you of somewhere?)  I note the weather on the CB is forecast for rain next which is typical as I will be there until the end of the month!  

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 11:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

More... take a look at the Weather coming your way!

Techno, not much wrong with the weather link you gave, a bit of cloud which sometimes I'm very grateful for as boy, it has been hot & maybe a bit of rain. I'm here for many weeks so am ok about weather not being 100% wall to wall sunshine.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 7:56 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well, quite nice earlier on today until the heavens opened (yet again).  Lady on TV giving the weather forecast telling us we may have light showers in the area but then it will be warm and sunny.  Could hardly hear what she was saying over the noise the rain is making on my conservatory roof!  I do wish these people would at least look out the window before telling us what the weather is like!

Still, over in Spain from tomorrow so it hope it improves.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 8:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Bob, weather here in Guardamar is beautiful.

Tell your wife a new Sunday market has opened behind the Procomol building on N332 with its car parking accessible from the CV895, lemon tree road. It's called Moncayo market. It's been open a month & there's room for over 300 stalls outside, all marked out on hard standing, there's quite a lot there already including a number of cafes & proper toilets. Procomol itself is open too.

We went this morning, it was very busy, then continued to lemon tree market. So, THREE markets now on Sundays within a few minutes drive of each other, Zoco, Campo de Guardamar (lemon tree) & Moncayo (Procomol).

Safe flight tomorrow.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 10:20 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Good Lord, another one within a couple of hundred yards!  Ah, well, won't be able to do anything on Sundays now except visit markets.  At least I won't have to drive far to get to all three!

Thanks for the info.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 4:07 AM by bluesky01 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Today, the weather was partly cloudy in Barcelona. It is warm though. Hopefully it will get better over the next few days. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.herniarepair.co.cc

www.appendectomy.co.cc

This message was last edited by bluesky01 on 14/06/2010.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 6:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

0500 Tuesday 15th June...so what the hell am I doing up at this time of the morning?...It's still dark outside for heavens sake.

Actually...I've just finished mopping up...at around 2am I was just considering going to bed when one of those Spanish Super Tormentas hit the village. Within 10 minutes all the power went off as it invariably does out here in the wilds of Granada Province and so I dug out the candles and settled down on the settee surrounded by three sweating quaking dogs who must have thought the end of the world was upon us. Fot the best part of an hour we had violent thunder and lightning and rain pouring down so that the street outside was awash. (No surface drainage in the street).

I went out to the kitchen with the intention putting a pan of water on the gas stove to make a coffee but as I crossed the bottom of the stairs realised that I was sloshing through water...I flashed a torch up the stairs, not entirely sure at that moment just where the water was coming from since all out plumbing is on the ground floor.

Every step of the staircase was wet and water was streaming down them.

Now those of you who have been around for some time will know that I don't have a great deal of faith in my 'Brit Builder...'  

Here it seems we have another of his 'arfur' jobs...(That's as in half a job....). The door to our roof terrace is a bog standard domestic upvc double glazed door and whilst there is plenty of sealant between the top and sideframes the is none at all at the bottom. I realised this sometime ago when we had another flood of this nature and sealed it as best as I could using silicone sealant of the same type the installers used....

At a rough guess it needs doing again....!!!!!!!!!!!!! and maybe I should think about putting some guttering in place to redirect the stream of water off the sloping roof...(Another 'arfur' job of his....)

Anyway I managed to staunch the flow of water coming under the door using the first thing that came to hand....a load of little used but freshly washed towels that we normally use for drying off the dogs when they get wet, then it was out with the squeegee and mop and bucket and a torch all the while trying to convince the dogs that 'its ok...'

Took about an hour to completely mop up and dry the top landing, the staircase, and parts of the living room and kitchen, I've used half a dozen rolls of kitchen rolls. Having mopped up I finally got around to putting the water on to boil for the coffee I had promised myself. At around 0300 the rain stopped but the power stayed off. I don't like the idea of going to bed when I'm alone with the dogs under these circumstances (OH is in England at the moment) so I stayed up til the power came back on at around 0430.

The washing machine is now chuntering its way through an otherwise totally unnecessary wash cycle, hopefully restoring the towels to their original condition. Just hope the weather is good enough later to get them outside to dry otherwise I'm going to be stuck with a steamy bathroom full of damp towels!

Strangely enough I was 'talking' to OH on messenger last evening and commented that at last the weather had changed for the better; indeed at 8pm there was hardly a cloud in the sky and we ahd beautiful warm sunshine for the first time in 10 days. Just goes to show how rapidly things can change...

Not a lot of point in going to bed now...its close on 6am and nearly time for the dogs first walk of the day at 7 so I guess another coffee wouldnt come amiss!

Really has been a strange beginning to 'Flaming June' and I'm more convinced than ever now that it's my part-timing Brit neighbour thats to blame...puts a hex on the weather every time he visits!

fb

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 9:43 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

What a nightmare for you FB. Do you write a blog, I forget! You should if you don't.

Rained a lot yesterday here in Guardamar but nothing terrible happened. Sun keeps popping out this morning though generally it's dull. Hope the dogs have calmed down now & you get the towels dry today.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 7:57 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

My visiting neighbour's hex spreads itself like a virus on the net....Denia (200 miles away) severely affected by flooding, large parts of Galicia (600 miles away) flooded, reservoirs full to overflowing....the hex knows no bounds!

Put the washing out at around 8.30am and brought it in dry as a bone at 10am! Beautiful warm day here in the Province and apart from a few rapidly drying mud slides on our minor roads you'd never know it had been raining. Pushed loads of sealant under the door so hopefully this will prevent a recurrence of last nights problem. The hardest part was trying to mop up by candlelight and torchlight because when the power goes off in thevillage it takes out all the streetlights too so its black as pitch!

But despite the occasional hang-ups, I love it here.

fb

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 8:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We went 10.45am to our AGM, it began raining hard as it began at just after 11am then, just before we finished at 11.45am, it stopped long enough for us to visit Quesada very briefly. We fancied checking out a huge Chinese store that has recently moved into where an Eroski's store was, at Dona Pepa, between our place & Quesada. Friends had been & said we should look in it & I wanted a tall vase so .....................

We were a few miles, maybe 3 - 4, from home ... & inside the shop, thankfully ... when OMG the heavens opened, we had thunder & lightning, it went like night & we couldn't leave the shop though the car was right outside in the store's car park. The shop roof was letting in water in areas, it was splashing around on the tiled floor & the staff had loads of goods outside being soaked & blown around the car park, garden furniture, parasols, etc.

Eventually hubby dashed to the car & backed it to the shop door & I jumped in. It was SCARY driving home through such deep water at times & it would've been so easy to drive off the edge of the road into a deep gulley as, even with the wipers on fast, they weren't fast enough really.

Were we relieved to get home without incident as other cars coming towards us were driving far too fast & creating waves which knocked us with such force & noise! Whyever do some drive SO erractically without consideration for others?

The rain stopped once we got home, the sun came out momentarily then it started AGAIN, quite heavily & continued for over 40 mins before stopping. The sun came out  once more but the heavy rain started AGAIN & has not long stopped.

What a day!

This message was last edited by morerosado on 15/06/2010.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 3:03 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Lovely weather in the uk. A high sat over us and likely to last a few days. Did a 5 mile run last night in perfect weather conditions, warm but not muggy. My garden needs the rain though, grass is going yellow!  Lots of bar-b-q's and pub nights going on this weekend to coincide with the next England match.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 3:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

After a grey start & more rain it's now sun out, blue sky, no cloud.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nine words women use - 2 posts
Wanted: Merino wool pillows/ pillow cases - 3 posts
Capital gains tax - reassessment/valuation by tax office - 0 posts
JUSTIN: I am NOT receiving email notifications of new posts! - 29 posts
Great Singers who are National Icons - 0 posts
Furniture pack wanted - 5 posts
income tax - 14 posts
Worldwide Destinations Served by Malaga - 3 posts
Ref: apartment for sale- EOS team help needed! SP1176 - 1 posts
The government is worried .......... - 19 posts
pergola - 3 posts
Badminton Posts - 8 posts
Anyone else noticed ... - 4 posts
Automatic Fiat Punto For Sale - 5 posts
Indaba - 2 posts
Estate Agent in La Colina, Torremolinos - 0 posts
Full / Full fuel policy on car hire Murcia - 12 posts
unable to log in - 0 posts
no building licences - 9 posts
Taking a British Car to Spain - 1 posts
again to Spain? - 7 posts
Working in Gib but living in Spain - Advice on Healthcare Please - 3 posts
Spain and its beauty but..... - 0 posts
Schools in Marbella - 4 posts
Good News In Southern Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x