A Happy Spain Experience

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Sep 2011 2:45 PM by Jon07 Star rating in Sydney. 84 posts Send private message

The "silent majority" of expats in Spain appear happy & have not been ripped off in any major way i.e. the benefit of applying commonsense checks/due diligence (given the public knowledge that some Spanish based lawyers are negligent/dishonest).

Against that background, conducting a very PUBLIC LIFE LONG WAKE over losses despite clearly acknowledging not conducting adequate research/checks & naively throwing oneself into the arms of lawyers appears FUNEREAL.

Is it time to give the majority a little break ?

Cheers,

Jon

This message was last edited by Jon07 on 03/09/2011.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 5:08 PM by blackrabbitz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I'm so happy to be here too! and I really like this forum! thanks everyone!

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 8:26 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 04/09/2011.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 9:21 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

To  be fair Norman I don't think it was Jon from Sydney who made that blog post.

This message was last edited by Poppyseed on 04/09/2011.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
04 Sep 2011 9:50 AM by Jon07 Star rating in Sydney. 84 posts Send private message

This is a superb Forum & most people conduct themselves with a sense of probity/dignity.

Cheers,

Jon

Like 0      
28 Sep 2011 9:30 AM by VILPRANO Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

As a poster with a foot in both camps ie been ripped off with an illegal build that never was and happy having bought elsewhere.

We have now been in Spain for just over a year and do not regret the move.

We attend Spanish lessons and involve ourselves in village life.

We have a lovely house with enough land to supply lots of fresh fruit and veg yet still on the edge of the village.

We now have residencias, car now on spanish plates etc etc, we are now here to stay and fully enjoying the way of life here.

The loss of a large slice of our retirement pot still causes us annoyance but the sun and tranquility of village life eases the pain.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2011 10:04 AM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

I think it was Andrew Castle (ex English tennis player and now tennis commentator) who summed up his experience with buying in Spain - off plan in La Manga:   'It has been the worst, and the best investment I have ever made".     I think he was referring to the property price slump rather than being ripped off, but he loves the property, lifestyle ect, so feels it compensates to some extent.  That about sums up my feelings as well.  

Brian

Like 0      
28 Sep 2011 4:17 PM by samroberts1981 Star rating in Witton Gilbert. 5 posts Send private message

samroberts1981´s avatar

Spain is a beautiful country. But I do guess it helps that the grass is always greener on the other side!

You get people moving to the UK that are (strangely) just as enthralled by our country as we are about Spain!

It's nice to see some happy people. And you're quite right that it's the majority.

People need to remember that although there are a lot of problems out there, a lot of them can be solved and more importantly, they are the minority in overall sales.

It's individual companies, not Spain as a whole that is the problem. Similar to the unruly kids we saw in the London riots not long back. It's not saying that only kids were involved, and certainly not saying ALL kids were involved. Rough with the smooth I guess!

Spain is beautiful, peaceful, interesting and exhilarating. What you want from your spanish experience is truly down to you. Unless you're one of the unlucky ones of course...

But aside from all that, Yeay for Spain!

(Especially the Churros...)

Like 0      
29 Sep 2011 11:33 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

You know, if you have problems in one country they will not disappear simply because you move to another country!!

Same adage applies, life is what you make it, you get out what you put in.......................ad infinitem!!

I love it here! I also love popping back to Uk to see family and friends and I love having family and friends over here.

I don't live in a dream world, but I do live in a place where I can pop out on my own if I want AND chat to whoever is at the next table when I stop for coffee...................that seldom happens in UK. I have Spanish friends and English and many other nationalality friends, the sea and the sunshine and I am soooooooooooo lucky to be here.

This is a Happy Experience!!                ( one for each year I've been here! )

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 11:53 AM by Bri Star rating in North. 591 posts Send private message

Yesterday's Times carried a story that said Spain and France are still the countries British people want to move to most - saying the lifestyle and the sun make it more attractive, and that the perception of a broken society in the UK was a big reason for people wanting to move.  It also said Spain is still seen as a cheaper place to live (we can argue about that of course).   A very large minority said they wanted to move to Spain...................................      I thought this was quite a happy Spain story!!!

Brian

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 1:07 PM by thatslife Star rating in MURCIA. 5 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 01/10/2011.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 1:28 PM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

Now it's quite obvious... thatslife is an ignorant yob!

Like 0      
02 Oct 2011 7:07 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Hi Poppy,

back after a ban period for what exactly is not explained????????????

I merely pasted part of a standard EOS blog that complained of the "victim abuse" and thereby likened it to his behaviour..........no more.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
03 Oct 2011 4:51 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Welcome back Norman!

Poppyseed

Like 0      
04 Oct 2011 12:19 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Thank you

I am afraid I don't understand the suspension and the only reason given was something to do with SPAM and a BUTTON.

It seems that if you disagree with a post you can accuse it of SPAM and press a button which bypasses any human censorship.

leaving the victim in limbo.

I am now looking forward to a visit to La Quinta - Marbella which has been offered at little cost and will of course visit Casares and photograph what I find.

If only Spain would put it's house in order.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
05 Oct 2011 12:07 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

They are presenting this today, i really hope for everyone associated with the area that it does materialise!

That would make for a happy spain experience....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvRP_6hQrZI&feature=player_embedded#!

This message was last edited by georgia on 05/10/2011.

This message was last edited by georgia on 05/10/2011.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2011 12:09 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

try again!

http://youtu.be/DvRP_6hQrZI

Like 0      
05 Oct 2011 12:10 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

and finally...

Like 0      
17 Nov 2011 6:45 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

Hi moved to Spain almost four years ago and have never looked back.  We set up our own company selling and fitting interior and exterior blinds and fly screens. When moving to Spain it is what you make of it as the saying goes nothing is for free and you have to make your own way into world if you come to spain with the right attiude you will enjoy life here. We are looking to move house now as we want something a bit larger so if anyone is looking to move to the Murcia region close to the Mar Menor then send us a private message and we can give you more details. 

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
08 Dec 2011 9:09 AM by marielove Star rating in China . 2 posts Send private message

Welcome back

nice day!!!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for good property with potential - 19 posts
Long term let required on Roda Golf Resort! - 0 posts
Looking for long term let on Roda Golf Resort - 3 posts
Benalmadena ice rink - 7 posts
New road to Alicante Airport from Altea and North - 5 posts
Anyone heard of Compo & Sol? (see link) - 0 posts
Call costs to the UK - 3 posts
Wanted.. Accommodation in Benalmadena - 0 posts
Wanted..2+bed accommodation in Benalmadena near Arroyo de la Miel.. - 0 posts
Any recommendations for eating places in Mojacar/Turre/Garrucha/Los Gallardos ? - 36 posts
Happy New Year - 11 posts
Christmas in San Cayetano - 4 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 13 posts
Litani B&B near Pinoso - 3 posts
Hello from Lancashire, soon to be Pinoso :-) - 2 posts
Boats - 13 posts
Diesel in spain - 12 posts
Tapas Bar - 0 posts
Golf shops - 3 posts
ADSL in La Drova - 0 posts
NEW YEAR - 0 posts
completion costs (mortgage) - 4 posts
Healthcare and civil partnerships - 1 posts
PLAYING GOLF ON LA TORRE - 0 posts
Pleased to meet you! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x