Community Fees deferral?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2020 7:46 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Have any Communities considered any sort of payment deferral or payment holiday from fees during this difficult time?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2020 12:20 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

It is not possible to consider something like that without first being assured by the various suppliers of goods and services to the Community that they, in turn, will consider something like that for the payments due to them by the Community.  Unless the Community has a very healthy reserve of funds to cover at least six months, I don't think, generally speaking, the possibility exists of being able to grant a deferral without jeopardizing the services the Community requires from suppliers.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2020 2:02 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

As you suggest, only possible with healthy reserves, that was my reason for asking.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2020 2:49 PM by DaniMenzes Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Healthy money reserves in your bank account may have disappeared without any guarantee of return. Many governments have instructed banks to provide unsecured funds to the needy due to COVID-19. Perhaps you should not hoard funds when so many are in desperate need throughout the world. What is your preference, save community fees whilst others die of thirst and starvation?  kiss

Like 0      
15 Apr 2020 7:15 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The majority of people I know of .. like myself are only paying around €200 per year community charge..so I don't think you would have any excuse for not paying on time .

Like 0      
15 Apr 2020 10:44 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

You are very lucky then or lack Community facilities, ours are around €1800  per annum as are many with pools, gardens, lifts, underground garages and storage, TV,  security and bin collections.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2020 8:56 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Hugh Man ..you must be on a golf type resort to pay €1,800 per year...I have a 2 bed quad villa in Los Balconies over looking the salt lakes its on a gated community with a large pool and grass community area /street lights/a full time handyman...it costs €180 per year community fees + IBI of €200 per year + secure parking outside the villa...I also have another 3 bed 3 bathroom detached villa with own pool on .The Camposol golf urbanisation 10 minutes walk from the 18 hole golf course /5 star hotel and club house...we only pay IBI. at €400 per year no community fees as it is on a urbanisation...it sounds like you have bought on a golfing resort to pay €1,800 per year community fees ..I also know of people that have bought on golf resorts and they don't play golf and complain that the fees are extortion ..they all seem to have been roped in by the cheap property prices that the golf resorts are offering and buy without asking how much for the community management/and yearly fees are...I am  am not Joking this is what I pay.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 16/04/2020.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2020 11:08 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

We pay €480 a year but that includes a huge garden area, palm trees, 6 pools (3 main ones and 4 kiddy pools) plus street lighting and cleaning etc.

The cleaners and gardeners took the two weeks off but are back again doing their stuff from Monday and even trimming some of the palm trees down. Pool guy checking and cleaning the pools etc.

We don't pay for rubbish collection as that is done via the council and a separate tax levied.

Complex up the road which is made up of 4 urbanisations (not very big ones) who share two pools and have no garden areas (shared park nearby) pay €120 a year so that's quite a good deal.

On the other hand, an urbanisation just up from us with about half the properties, one main pool, one kiddy pool and smaller gardens pay over €600 a year. Same administrators as us as well.

Don't think we could ask for a rebate considering they were only off for 2 weeks.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2020 11:29 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Yes, on a golf resort, built around 2007, so paid, top of market, but hey investments can go up as well as down.

Not seen much up in Spain.

Resort is large with mix of apartments & villas but NO contribution to golf,  thst is separate.

Fees are split between various Communities and an Entidad which covers the who,e resort and pays for bin collections in our case as well as 24 hour Security guards etc. plus Administrators fees.

Each Community Fees cover use and maintenance of pools, 3 in our case, large garden areas, communal electricity & water, lift maintenance for 26 lifts, admin, as well as repairs and maintenance of all buildings and facilities.

No one is talking about not paying as only brief loss of facilities just asking about a delay in payment in the short term in the same way as banks are offering mortgage deferrals and councils in U.K. are delaying Tax payment for 3 months to assist with owners cash flow, Obviously sensible reserves would be needed to fund it for one quarter.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2020 6:01 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Surely deferral of any financial commitment/debt should only be considered on a case by case basis due to hardship. If everyone used COVID-19 as an excuse for deferral or non payment the whole economy and system would seize up. Whatever next, deferral of doctors and nurses wages, and half price green fees and lager at the golf clubhouse?surprise

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 17/04/2020.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gib. Airport - 11 posts
post from uk - 2 posts
Ground floor damp - 17 posts
211 Form - 5 posts
Panic Buying - 10 posts
Any legal questions related to Coronavirus situation in Spain? - 84 posts
What must you put in a furnished apartment? - 15 posts
New Landlord - 1 posts
Blue Badge - 5 posts
Escritura. Copia simple - 6 posts
Pension Advice - 11 posts
True immigration control in Spain - 17 posts
Home Insurance - 11 posts
Euroclear - 2 posts
Deposit to estate agent. - 63 posts
Roof repairs - 12 posts
Moving UK -> Spain. Costs / paperwork - 2 posts
Changing from Apart Hotel Permission to Residential - 3 posts
Gas bottle regulations - 4 posts
Winter rental - 7 posts
Plusvalia tax help by selling agent???? Help please - 10 posts
Car insurance for Spanish registered cars - 6 posts
IRPH outcome - 0 posts
Hi - 1 posts
Location advise please - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x