Want to move to spain this year

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by ella bella Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, ive just joined and would like some help please.  my family and I will be moving over to costa blanca south hopefully this year as soon as our house here in manchester sells. We are coming over in 2 weeks and we would love some information on the best areas as we have 2 children aged 13 and 7..and would appreciate any info on the different schools available. We will be staying in the villamartin area for a week so really hope to take a look at many areas. my 13 year old daughter does have some slight learning difficulties so i do not know which type of school would be best for her????? My husband is a musician, so if anyone could point us in the directon of any agencies. i hope you can help me!!!! xxxx

Many Thanks

Ella

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 8:48 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Ella

Welcome to Eye on Spain.  I don't know the area at all but at 13 years old, and with learning difficulties, you really need to find an international school for her.  That is a very difficult age for a child to start in a Spanish school.  You really need to find her an English school.

Your youngest child should be ok in a Spanish school although he/she may be put back a year as his/her level of Spanish will be (I'm assuming) very poor.

Best of luck with it all.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 8:17 AM by Laird Dave of Lochaber Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 180 posts Send private message

Hi Ella Bella,

Welcome to the EOS forum, one of the most helpful and informative sites around. I don't know much about schooling but certainly know the areas well. If you want to meet up to chat or get info on the areas. Please feel free to send a personal message.

Cheers

Dave & Linda

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 2:26 PM by ella bella Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Many Thanks Dave and Linda, I have sent you a personal message and i appreciate your help. Brilliant this site im so glad i found it .also thankyou Justin for your advice, i will start looking for international schools for my eldest daughter xxx

Like 0      
23 Feb 2010 12:42 PM by rash29 Star rating in Hurchillo, Orihuela.. 77 posts Send private message

rash29´s avatar

Ella

Welcome to EOS. You will find very helpful and truthful advice on here.

Villamartin is a nice area, they have an International school near there in San Miguel, its called Mar Azul International school, it's a private school but probably a better option for your 13 year old. Spanish schools are fine but definitely for kids who are younger than 10. Check out

www.marazulschool.com/en/index.php

Also there is another private school in the area, Blue Lagoon is near Villamartin, this is a new school, check out

http://www.ellimonarinternational.com/villamartin/index.php

I agree with EOS team, that your 13 year old will find it difficult at that age.

There is also a dance school in Villamartin, maybe your Husband could contact them, they may need a musician. Also your kids might be interested in dancing.

Ghost Performing Arts Academy
67 Calle rigoletto , 03189  Villamartin (Alicante)
Tel: 679531737

I hope this info helps you.

Regards

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 3:14 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

i expect you have done tons of research, so forgive me if you have already sorted the following. have you found out how moving to spain will affect you regarding family allowance for your children, as i think you will not be able to claim this any more, and it is quite a lot of money to lose. also you must tell the DWP,DVLA, tax office and bank that you will be living in spain-this will make all your affairs easier to sort out. it can be a nightmare if you leave it. some here don't tell the relevant authorities they are moving here and then find they are in a mess.   also think about health care, no nhs, and dentists are all private.  i think you are very brave to move here, especially at this bad time of the recession, and the terrible unemployment, but if you have plenty of money, and are aware of some of the things that have been done out here, have a house back in the uk if it doesn't work out , then good luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Awning Wanted - 4 posts
Barbeque wanted... - 0 posts
ikea alicante - 5 posts
Still looking for babysitters for Mar Menor Golf resort - 1 posts
moving to spain - 3 posts
Wanted - TV, DVD and Microwave - 0 posts
Volkswagen 7 seater touran June 2005 - 0 posts
yoigo - 8 posts
The cheapest supermarket in Spain - 12 posts
Van back to Spain TOMORROW 21-02-2010 - 1 posts
End of analogue TV? Do I need a new box? - 9 posts
What is a Denuncia exactly? - 5 posts
changing lawyers - 2 posts
A good value Spanish red wine - 25 posts
Barcelona - 9 posts
contact town hall - 3 posts
Airport Transfers - 2 posts
Looking to buy rural land to site holiday cabin or caravan - 6 posts
amber pools - 5 posts
Market research for a potential new business - 2 posts
Xbox live - 1 posts
Tax?????? income tax home or away??? - 5 posts
hola, alguien habla español - 12 posts
We need El Corte Ingles on the Costa Blanca North - 7 posts
can the euro survive - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x