Switching your keyboard from English to Spanish

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Thought I'd put this up as its come up on another thread.

You can set up language options by;-

Start - Control Panel - Regional & Language Options

In XP select the languages tab then click details, click Add... and select spanish (Traditional Sort). In Windows 7  expand the option by clicking on the + sign and you need to select the keyboard option as well.

Click OK to all

from your desktop, on your task bar at the bottom of the screen, right click and select Toolbars. - Language bar

You can then select from English keyboard (EN) or spanish (ES) or any othe language if you added them in the previous way

Takes a bit of getting used to, to know where the letters are. ñ for example is where the semi colon is.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 8:28 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Is there a way of making the change permanent?  The keyboard icon shows up at the bottom of my screen, so I have to click on it and then change the language to Español each time.  We have a Spanish keyboard, so it would be easier to have it defaulting to Spanish rather than English!

Sue

PS By the way, my brother lives in Axminster (Willhayes Park) - we will have to meet up the next time we go and visit  him!

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 11:50 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Hi Suemac

you can change it permanently. Go back the control panel and select regions & languages, select the language tab and press the details button, you then have an option at the top called default input language, just select the spanish option, then OK to all. when you restart your computer the default will be spanish, or any other language you've selected.

send us an email when your over, we can meet up for a drink.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
18 Jul 2010 2:11 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

As is mentioned below you can simply switch between English and Spanish via the language bar icon once you've installed the relevant language option: Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages > Details > Add 

¿Es facil,no?

This message was last edited by JazII on 18/07/2010.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2010 4:06 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

I've done this (muy facil!) but can't find the at/arroba symbol anywhere!

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
20 Jul 2010 4:38 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

The @ (there just done it) is obtained by pressing the "alt gr" key and the 2 key together.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2010 4:59 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Sorry, what's the alt gr key?!

Donna

Like 0      
20 Jul 2010 5:40 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

On my lap top, it's the key marked as such, the key to the right of the space bar.  I have copied the following from another website:

"The ALT GR key is on the right side of the keyboard on some non-U.S. keyboard layouts. ALT GR is equivalent to the CTRL+ALT key combination, and you can use it with other keys to enter additional characters as shown in the following list of keyboard languages. Microsoft Word can differentiate between the left and right ALT keys so that you can use CTRL+ALT and ALT GR key combinations".

Here's the link to the above   http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/alt-gr-keys-HP005259063.aspx

Hope this helps

This message was last edited by Jimbofinn on 20/07/2010.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2010 5:46 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

That´s really helpful.  I´m used to control-alt.  Thank you,

Donna 

Donna

Like 0      
20 Jul 2010 8:16 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Ctrl, Shift and 2 also works

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Hire, Malaga Airport. - 13 posts
Hertz Car Hire - 6 posts
Great Builder found in Benalmadena !! - 6 posts
ALMERIA AIRPORT - 9 posts
Time For Money To Be Released By Courts - 3 posts
Free wifi in Estepona area? - 2 posts
residents certificate for 94 year old - 3 posts
Animal lovers - 3 posts
Okay, so what's the best way to ask for Beer??? - 46 posts
Ryanair's latest cost cutting?? - 6 posts
Granting of Habertation Certificate - 4 posts
Malaga Airport (AGP) T3 Official Opening - 4 posts
proposed roue railway San Pedro to Estepona - 0 posts
work - 0 posts
Aluminium Box Trailer with secure lid for sale - 1 posts
Credit/Debit Card Scam - 1 posts
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR NIE - 20 posts
Autumn Bookings P&O Ferries Portsmouth/Bilbao Cancelled - 1 posts
Fiscal Fees????? - 4 posts
Delete an inactive blog - 2 posts
Armchair required - 0 posts
Being a Teacher (Piano) ? - 2 posts
Flight Delays - 2 posts
Driving an open-topped car with a baby.... - 3 posts
snowboarding - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x