Distance to build

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by Fairway Lawyers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi,

there is a rule in the Spanish civil code, art. 591, for trees (2 metres from the boundary), and another for bushes (50 cm). However, as these rules are really old (1889) they have been outdated by the town halls, which stablish in each case, depending on the area etc, the minimum distances to build.

If you want to have this checked, you should go to the town hall. Please note that

a.- in the event something has been built without caring for this minimum distance, you can complain to the town hall and the neighbour might be obliged to demolish the building and also to pay a fine.

b.- the above is not valid if the neihbouring building was finished more than 4 years ago.

c.- Only in some cases, and depending on the town hall regulations, it is possible to reach an agreement so that the building might be erected legally at a shorter distance from the boundary, WITH THE NEIGHBOUR'S EXPRESS CONSENT.

Some people use this to blackmail the neighbour: whilst the neighbour is building, they do not say anything. Once the building is finished, they say:"either you pay me this ***** € or I submit a denuncia at the town hall, which will make you pay a fine and also to have it demolished"

For further information, we stay at your disposal.

Yours,

Am.

Fairway Lawyers

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New to Eye on Spain - 10 posts
Abandoned puppies - 0 posts
Illegal licences - 0 posts
Any way of getting a MOT in spain, or equivalent. - 43 posts
beware of trying to get out of a mess in spain - 2 posts
Zapatero gets a bashing over demolitions - 25 posts
helpme find plumber/bathroom designer DAVID ORTON was UK based - 7 posts
new to forum about to conclude jardines - 11 posts
Suing agent who sold the property? - 1 posts
PROPERTY NEEDED UNDER 120k - 0 posts
Social Security Help - 1 posts
de-faulting on spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Advertising my Blog - 6 posts
Freesat HD on Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Withdrawal of P & O Portsmouth to Bilbao route - 21 posts
how many people really want to or are trying to sell their spanish property? - 12 posts
Drive to Spain - 4 posts
Taking lizards to spain - 3 posts
car hire prices - 10 posts
spanish property in UK or Spanish will? - 3 posts
EOS not alerting me when I start a new thread - 4 posts
Connecting Electric Supply - 3 posts
Jobs in teaching Torrevieja - 3 posts
wood burner with flue wanted - 0 posts
AGM - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x