Connecting Electric Supply

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by paulsop Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

How do I get electric supply connected to my house. The house was connected in the past but the meter etc has been removed. I´ve been told that I need a ´Habitation Certificate´ but only parts of the house are habitable at the moment and it is going to take some time for me to complete the renovation.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2010 6:44 PM by pat and greg Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi there, 

My husband and I have bought a house in Fuenta de Piedra, and we are going over in Feb. We are trying to find a way to have the water and electricity turned on for when we get there or at least the day after. We have lots of work to do in the house, but unfortunately we are only able to go for a week. Our developer told us that we have to take all our certificates and nie numbers and bank details to the town hall.  So if  anyone knows how long this all takes and if there is any way this can be done other than in person, we would be very grateful for information. I hope this info is of use to you too.

Pat 

Like 0      
19 Jan 2010 10:34 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

I am wondering why your solicitor did not include this as part of the service! It is usual for a good solicitor to register you at the town hall for property tax, water and electric.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2010 10:44 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi,

I am currently in the throws of trying to convert from an OBRAS (works) contract with Endesa to a normal Vivienda contract. It all seems very protracted and has cost us quite a lot of money.

The paperwork requirements include;

NIE number

Bank Account details,

Licence of First Occupation and  the absolutely essential Bolletin.

If the house currently has a meter box outside of the old type (about 9" wwide x 15" high) this will have to be replaced with an up to date legal version. The law changed in 2007 relating to these boxes, as it did for the internal boxes too.

I found this link to the Iberdrola website which explains all (in English.) Regretably Endesa have chosen not to put an English version of their website online.

It might well be that you both need a works contract initially so I would suggest you definitely talk to the Town Hall They will be able to point you in the right direction.

If you are making any structural changes to the properties you will need planning permission from them anyway. Even minor works such as changing a kitchen or bathroom, renewing plumbing or drainage need to be notified and the proper permissions obtained. When all of the work is complete the Town Hall will probably request a survey be carried out by an independent Technical Architect to make sure that not only is the house habitable but that the work carried out is in accordance with the original permissions and any existing and/or subsequent building regtulations. Whilst the work is ongoing you can expect a visit from the planning office at any time. The survey report is a pre-requisite for the Issue of the Licence of First Occupation and this in turn is a pre-requisite for a vivienda contract from the Electricity Supply Company, no matter which one you choose to use.

It may well be that there are other hoops to be jumped through

In our case a breakdown of charges incurred to date are as follows;

Legally required Modifications and improvements to the existing electrical system and issuing Bolletin 950 Euros

Independent Architect Survey Report; 250 Euros

Initial Works Licence from Town Hall; 200 Euros (This is based upon the declared value of the property ie Purchase Price)

Re connection Fee; as yet unknown

Licence of First Occupation; no charge.

Hope some of this helps!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jobs in teaching Torrevieja - 3 posts
wood burner with flue wanted - 0 posts
AGM - 2 posts
Postal redirection - 3 posts
BMI baby Cardiff to Murcia - 4 posts
Valuations - 4 posts
Does a NintendoWii bought in UK work in Spain? - 8 posts
What's positive about living in Spain????? - 41 posts
sub letting? - 4 posts
bill det - 0 posts
almanzora country club update - 4 posts
Lawyer in Murcia? - 7 posts
Hi I haven't been on for a while but this is an urgent appeal - 4 posts
Wanted 2 month rental Iznajar Cordoba - 0 posts
Los Belones shopping complex - 1 posts
professional photos needed for holiday rental website Mar Menor 2 - 2 posts
message for EOS regarding Mar Menor Golf Resort 2 - 0 posts
Babysitters for Mar Menor Golf resort - 1 posts
Hairdresser or Beautician required - 0 posts
Walk in Orihuela - 0 posts
best car rental - 12 posts
AZURETEL (tele, internet and landline) - 0 posts
Cuota - 4 posts
renting to family - 22 posts
tv for holidays - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x