best car rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by mark301077 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

could people give their opinion on who is best to rent cars from on landing at alicante airport from uk and does any of them give you a total price on your quote or do they all have add ons when you go to collect

Like 0      
16 Jan 2010 11:47 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

I found www.travelsupermarket.com the cheapest for car hire recently.  2 weeks Alicante with Hertz for £300 in August.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 9:30 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

llamacalmer, Can I suggest you carefully read the extra insurance you may need to take. The cost frightened me! Kevin

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 10:24 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Hi Kev - according to Travelsupermarket, if you pay upfront, it includes all insurances, taxes and fees.  Hopefully they are correct - I'll find out at Easter, as I've  booked through them for then as well!

R
osemary

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 10:58 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi llamacalmer, Just looked on Travelsupermarket's site for Hertz. Couldn't find them on there at all. There was a discussion about their (Hertz) additional insurances before. I hope you are right and that your package includes all the insurances. Kevin

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 12:48 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Go to travelsupermarket, then you will find Hertz amongst others, listed on the Expedia site.

R
osemary

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 1:22 PM by inmate58 Star rating in Lisburn Northern Ire.... 167 posts Send private message

inmate58´s avatar

I booked a car for 5 days in January 2010 for 53 euros with centauro car hire in alicante airport. They are a lot cheaper than any other I have used before including doyouspain.

They also allow you to return your car full and get a petrol refund which is rare these days

vincent

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 1:37 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi llamacalmer,

Did as you said. You have to tick a box regarding terms and conditions. I looked at them and this is what I found. (See below.)

General Insurance Conditions

Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)

Included in the rate. Non-waivable excess from € 550.00 to € 915.00 depending on vehicle hired.

Theft Protection (TP)

Included in the rate. Non-waivable excess from € 550.00 to € 915.00 depending on vehicle hired.

Third Party Liability Insurance

Included in the rate.

Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)

€ 14.00 - € 25.00 per day. Optional insurance that will eliminate the insurance excess for damage to the vehicle.

Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)

€ 8.00 per day.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 1:38 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi Inmate 58, Could I ask did you use a broker or did you book with them directly. Thanks Kevin

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 1:56 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi all

just looked up Centauro Care Hire web site, quoted a good price but stated that the car should picked up and returned to the Gold car desk. So I presume they are a broker.

Regards.

Tech.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 2:35 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Centauro are not a broker and they have their own desk at Alicante. They always seemed to do full/full on the fuel and started getting expensive. However, maybe things are different now. Kevin

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 3:40 PM by inmate58 Star rating in Lisburn Northern Ire.... 167 posts Send private message

inmate58´s avatar

no did not use a broker used their own website

using them again for a week in february - got a ford focus for 80 euros as opposed to 130 eurod with do you spain

Like 0      
17 Jan 2010 4:01 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Hi inmate 58,

I just looked at their site to book and these terms and conditions were given to me:-

http://carhire.centauro.net/Paginas/Reserva/Paso1-gb.aspx then press rental conditions. Think it is worth reading.

Two weeks for a Focus from 21 Feb worked out at 240 Euros. Is it me doing something wrong?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AZURETEL (tele, internet and landline) - 0 posts
Cuota - 4 posts
renting to family - 22 posts
tv for holidays - 10 posts
Help. Wireless router and iberbanda desktop connection - 1 posts
APARTMENTS WANTED FOR LONG AND SHORT TERM MIJAS COSTA - 1 posts
COFFEE TABLE FOR SALE WENGUE COLOUR ONLY 60 EUROS MIJAS COSTA - 0 posts
SINGLE BED with MATRESS, BRAND NEW FOR SALE, 80 EUROS ONLY. MIJAS COSTA - 0 posts
Ford Transit Van Wanted!! - 0 posts
Increase in Land Registry & Notary Tariffs for 2010 - 0 posts
Justin, Could you do me a favour please? - 3 posts
UK Car Insurance - 3 posts
selling uk car in spain - 2 posts
Car Hire Full/Full - 2 posts
Registering a new baby in Malaga-warning! - 2 posts
Nightmare with connecting water via Aquagest HELP - 6 posts
Ending a Business in Spain - 1 posts
property transfer from Spanish SL to uk limited company - 3 posts
Manilva and surrounding areas - 1 posts
I NEED YOUR ADVICE. SHOULD I CREATE A BLOG! - 11 posts
how do i delete a blog? - 1 posts
Driving Spanish car from UK to Spain with no ITV - 11 posts
Justin Still can't view web cam - 8 posts
mobil phones - 0 posts
Real Domestic Appliances- gone bust - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x