SKY card : viewing soon to stop!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by khoshoei Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi There!

My freesat viewing card from sky is 2 years old & I keep getting a message saying that the viewing will soon stop.  How do I get a new card & what happens if I ignored this message.....as preparing myself for a worst case scenario, I take the card out & except C5 everythings else seems to be there. 

- Can I continue using the box without the card?

- or will the service stop all together? with or without th card, unless I change to a new card?

- Is it true that SKY will stop freesat soon for ever?

Thanks

NAder

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 11:00 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

How do I get a new card & what happens if I ignored this message.....as preparing myself for a worst case scenario, I take the card out & except C5 everythings else seems to be there. 

you could alway look at the many thread already on here where your questions have already been answered...

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-7873.aspx

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-8589.aspx

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-7846.aspx

but here we are again.....

call sky (or get a friend or family member in the uk to do so in your behalf) and get a new card for £20, they get the card, they post it to you, you put in yur sky box, you send your ForF the sky box details(services, 4, 5), they call sky to activate the card, card turns on.

- Can I continue using the box without the card?

Yes

- or will the service stop all together? with or without th card, unless I change to a new card?

No.

You will still be able to receive the free to air channels like BBC ITV c4 Five that do not need a sky viewing card.

You have not needed a viewing card for the BBC channels for 6 years...ITV for about 4 years, and C4 for about 2 years, or for the other 200 plus other free to air TV channels that are available.

You do need a freesatfromsky viewing card for Fiver, Five USA, Sky3, Viva TV, LFCTV, and 6 ITV1 regions, Skys Five, and some C4s alternate regions.

- Is it true that SKY will stop freesat soon for ever?

Since freesat is a completely independant company to Sky, no.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Paguera far from santa ponsa?? - 1 posts
help me.... - 5 posts
It's -2 here in the UK - How are you getting on in Spain? - 9 posts
Hola a todos - 2 posts
Full Marks to Ryanair - 8 posts
Just a reminder! - 1 posts
For Sale Citroen Zsara Picasso 2.0 Diesel HD Exclusive Spanish - 5 posts
Any van drivers going from UK to Costa Blanca? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Justin (Monday) - 9 posts
Wanted - Headboards and small bedside cabs for 1 king size and 2 single beds - 3 posts
free to a good home!!! - 0 posts
long term renal wanted polaris world - 3 posts
Car cleaning product retailers? - 1 posts
Community Fee Payment - 14 posts
Driving back to UK - 3 posts
LA COMPANETA. - 0 posts
Skype phones - 10 posts
van to uk empty/sorry now full - 0 posts
empty van going to uk-make me an offer - 1 posts
Mains Isolator - 2 posts
Transit van back to Britain - 3 posts
Changing Electricity Suppliers - 1 posts
Summer Car Hire Rates - 25 posts
Trying to sell my home in London! Help! - 5 posts
Good News Property on the up! - 34 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x