Full Marks to Ryanair

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

..didn't think I'd  ever say that, but we came out this last weekend, and in the worst weather for many years, both our flights were bang on schedule.

We went to Stanstead on Friday more in hope than expectation, likewise Alicante yesterday (as we had heard that there were major problems with UK Airports), but we needn't have worried.........in fact we had worse delays on our last trip in December when the weather was "normal"

Don't know how they did it but I have to take my hat off to them! Their business model might drive us all to distraction, but you can't fault their operational efficiency.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 11:55 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

In December we did a little tour of Europe and it meant we had to get 5 Ryanair flights in 8 days.  I have to say...they were absolutely brilliant.

Every flight was on time, one even left early as they got us all on board so quickly.  The food was decent enough too and not too expensive either.

When we got back Susan rang their complaints department to tell them how great their service had been.

We do like to knock them but I've yet to have a bad experience with them.

And, by the way, our five flights for 4 people came to a grand total of 270 Euros.  That takes some beating.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 12:10 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

We've never had a problem with Ryanair.  Always on time, more leg room and even a bugle call at your destination.  I've found the staff a lot friendlier than other airlines and the online check-in so much better.  Wish they flew Edinburgh to Murcia.  Maybe once the new Murcia airport is built ?!

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 1:11 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

It is good to see a thread where people are prepared to share the good news rather than the bad, especially where Ryanair are concerned.

Last May, friends of ours booked flights from Luton to Murcia along with flights for their friends from Dublin to Murcia for a trip starting on October 2nd.

Sadly, in July our friends 32 year old son was diagnosed with terminal cancer & initially they thought the trip may go ahead depending on how things progressed. About 10 days before the departure date, the final decision was taken to cancel the trip & a letter was sent to Ryanair, explaining the situation & requesting a refund of the taxes for both flights.

This was done with little hope of any response & weeks passed & it seemed that Ryanair were running true to form. Then, at the end of November they received a full refund for all 4 flights, together with a thoughtfully written letter. This outcome wasn't expected at all but more importantly, it was way over & above Ryanairs legal responsibility.

Well done Ryanair!

Noreen 

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 1:38 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Last Friday we flew from Liverpool to Sweden, both cold and snowy destinations. Flight left bang on time with no problems at all.  In contrast flew from Barcelona to Liverpool on 2 Jan with Easyjet, cost an arm and a leg, flight was over one hour late, very small selection of  hot food available and luggage took ages to arrive and at both BCN and LPL had to treck from one end of terminal to another and that was a long, long way.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 1:39 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

I was just chatting to someone in work about this, and i while I could get from Essex to Spain, she couldn't get from Tonbridge to London as there were no trains...seems unbelievable

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 2:30 PM by neutral Star rating in Dublin/Benalmadena C.... 172 posts Send private message

We use them all the time from Dublin to Malaga and never had any problems or major delays in fact they are normally on time.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 4:49 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I am Sooooooooooo pleased to see this thread!!

We use Ryanair several times each year from Mercia to Luton and vica versa and have NEVER had any problem and ALWAYS thier flights are the cheapest. Only once in 7 years have I had a flight delay.

Some time ago, I always seemed to be standing up for Ryanair on this forum, so I'm glad to see the tables turned !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 5:59 PM by taraleisure Star rating in Holmfirth. 294 posts Send private message

Nice to see praise for Ryanair. Have used them 20-25 times and never had a bad flight.

Well done Mr O'Leary!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Just a reminder! - 1 posts
For Sale Citroen Zsara Picasso 2.0 Diesel HD Exclusive Spanish - 5 posts
Any van drivers going from UK to Costa Blanca? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Justin (Monday) - 9 posts
Wanted - Headboards and small bedside cabs for 1 king size and 2 single beds - 3 posts
free to a good home!!! - 0 posts
long term renal wanted polaris world - 3 posts
Car cleaning product retailers? - 1 posts
Community Fee Payment - 14 posts
Driving back to UK - 3 posts
LA COMPANETA. - 0 posts
Skype phones - 10 posts
van to uk empty/sorry now full - 0 posts
empty van going to uk-make me an offer - 1 posts
Mains Isolator - 2 posts
Transit van back to Britain - 3 posts
Changing Electricity Suppliers - 1 posts
Summer Car Hire Rates - 25 posts
Trying to sell my home in London! Help! - 5 posts
Good News Property on the up! - 34 posts
Holiday autos car hire.. worth a look - 0 posts
Thanks! - 2 posts
Working the summer..NIE ???? - 2 posts
Legal tip 209. A tip if you are still interested on buying in Spain - 1 posts
Due to move back to UK.....Items for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x