Driving back to UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by b4ssy Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

I have to drive from CDS back to UK next weekend. Am worried about the road conditions en route through Northern Spain and France due to snow.

Does anyone know of a good website that will give me up to date info on the state of the roads?

Thanks

Like 0      
10 Jan 2010 4:25 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

I don't know of a website but my Spanish neighbour drives an artic. to the UK every week and he returned last tuesday night and said it was an absolute nightmare. From Madrid onwards the temp. never rose above -3c until he got back south of madrid. He was supposed to go on monday ( 11th ) but they sent him back Thurs. 7th to give him more time taking in to account that they are parked up by the police due to the conditions, in both Spain and France. I saw on the Spanish news on friday that in various areas of northern Spain the police will not allow you to continue on the autovias unless you have snow chains on the vehicle,and then only if it's a car.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 7:48 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi,

Have you tried the RAC and AA web sites? Both worth a look I think.

Take care, Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 8:51 PM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

I left Almeria last Thursday morning 7th and it snowed from the A3/A31 split until the North side of the Somosierras.I made it to Burgos that day.Next morning I left at 5am and it took me four and a quarter hours to the French border,normally about 3 hrs.Around Vittoria it was a whiteout and I pulled into the first available services and waited an hour until it cleared a bit. On Staurday morning I left from just south of Nantes and headed for Caen,but the motorway was closed and I was diverted into Fougeres and parked up by the police.Because my lorry is removals and not fresh produce i was parked up till Monday morning.I left Fougeres at 4am on Monday morning and made it to the morning ferry,but even then there was about 80 km where the road was reduced to 1 lane.Have just arrived up in Scotland and managed to avoid the heavy snow fall today.I`m here at my brothers till the weekend and then I need to do it in reverse.

Jimbo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LA COMPANETA. - 0 posts
Skype phones - 10 posts
van to uk empty/sorry now full - 0 posts
empty van going to uk-make me an offer - 1 posts
Mains Isolator - 2 posts
Transit van back to Britain - 3 posts
Changing Electricity Suppliers - 1 posts
Summer Car Hire Rates - 25 posts
Trying to sell my home in London! Help! - 5 posts
Good News Property on the up! - 34 posts
Holiday autos car hire.. worth a look - 0 posts
Thanks! - 2 posts
Working the summer..NIE ???? - 2 posts
Legal tip 209. A tip if you are still interested on buying in Spain - 1 posts
Due to move back to UK.....Items for sale - 0 posts
for sale - 0 posts
Legal tip 208. Official credit Institute and Banks supporting companies in 2010 - 0 posts
Potential electrical / teaching work in Spain - 5 posts
Cajasur - account charges for dormant account - 2 posts
Andalusian Cinemas - films in English - 11 posts
Spanish car on sale in Cambridge - 0 posts
Cheap gym membership in Spain - 0 posts
Flights out of the UK (Bristol actually) to Murcia tomorrow... re the snow - 17 posts
Payment of Ryan Air flights with Prepaid Mastercard - 12 posts
covers for mattresses - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x