Andalusian Cinemas - films in English

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by eslebespanien Star rating in Alcaidesa. 9 posts Send private message

What cinemas are in the La Linea / Alcaidesa / Soto Grande area. I have found the los barrios UCG website. Are these films in English with subtitles? Is there anyway to find out from the website?

Like 0      
07 Jan 2010 4:23 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Don't know your area, but films are listed as VO (versión original), or VOS (versión original subtitulada), so when looking for films screened in English, look for "VO" or "VOS" beside the listing.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jan 2010 1:31 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

I must have a look next time I'm over.  I hadn't bothered with the new multi-screen cinema in Aguilas because I thought my Spanish wouldn't be up to it.

Thank you!

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
12 Jan 2010 3:54 PM by eslebespanien Star rating in Alcaidesa. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks for you help.

I went to the cinema in La Canada and managed enough spanish to find out their films were dubbed in spanish. she did recommend puerto banus cinema which may be in english. also i'll try the UCG in los barrios as that is not too far from me.

the other alternative which is definitely english is gibraltar, but there is not much choice and the times do not always suit.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2010 4:43 PM by lizh Star rating in Estepona/London. 161 posts Send private message

Where do you find the gibraltar cinema information/listings? A paper? Online?

Thanks

Like 0      
12 Jan 2010 5:03 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Here is a link to the centre in Gibraltar with cinemas:

www.kingsbastion.gov.gi/cinema/index.asp

Like 0      
12 Jan 2010 6:03 PM by lizh Star rating in Estepona/London. 161 posts Send private message

Thank you!

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 12:15 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I think the Los Barrios cinema no longer shows films in English.

The only other one is in Puerto Banus.  Films in English do not have Spanish subtitles.  Other than that, Gib is the only other option in the area.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 8:32 AM by lenox Star rating in Mojácar. 39 posts Send private message

The Spanish don't like subtitles (Franco banned them, and there is a strong 'dubbing' industry). You'll find modern subtitled films in a few cinemas in Madrid (the Yelmo group) and, I guess, other large cities.

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 12:12 PM by bakeja Star rating in Manilva. 49 posts Send private message

If you go to entradas.com and choose Malaga and then "Cartelera VO" from the dropdown box marked "Cine" you will get details of all Version Original films showing in the province at the moment with showtimes.  For example "Did you hear about the Morgans" (the worst-received film of Hugh Grant's career) is on in Puerto Banus.  I have booked through this site before and it makes ticket collection easy as you just take your card along and put it in a machine in the foyer.

Advoco Law & Accountancy

Latest article: Guide to Spain's Autonomo System

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 2:38 PM by lizh Star rating in Estepona/London. 161 posts Send private message

Brilliant tip/website. Thanks so much 

Like 0      
13 Feb 2010 6:31 PM by eslebespanien Star rating in Alcaidesa. 9 posts Send private message

Thanks bakeja, great response!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish car on sale in Cambridge - 0 posts
Cheap gym membership in Spain - 0 posts
Flights out of the UK (Bristol actually) to Murcia tomorrow... re the snow - 17 posts
Payment of Ryan Air flights with Prepaid Mastercard - 12 posts
covers for mattresses - 3 posts
Re-registering English Car in Spain - 6 posts
Nead a cleaner? - 0 posts
Reyes Fuengirola - 2 posts
Free 6 Week Self-Defence Course - 0 posts
Bits of paper required to obtain Padron ? - 3 posts
Spanish Tax - 8 posts
work - 5 posts
IVA to go up to 18% - 22 posts
Wrong colour paper NIE number - 17 posts
driving instructor wanted :) - 0 posts
Spanish mortgage offer - valuations? - 4 posts
Is it me? - 3 posts
child tax credit - 3 posts
Moving To Valencia W. My Dog - 4 posts
How can I sell my house od Granada? - 3 posts
Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid? - 1 posts
cases xalo sl - 1 posts
Which urbanisations on Orihuela Costa should I avoid? - 5 posts
AVE High Speed Line - 7 posts
Laundry service in San Javier - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x