Jerez Formula 1 testing in February

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2011 2:12 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Good advice David.

I always tend to take something to eat as the food there is pretty rubbish generally.

Also, even at this time of year it can get very hot when you're sat there so cap and sunglasses are usually a good idea.  Saying that, last year it was all about umbrellas and coats!!

Enjoy the day it you go up there.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 12:24 PM by pintor Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

When does the proper action take place?, i.e. Moto GP & Superbikes

Like 0      
06 Feb 2011 1:51 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Just check on the "calendar" tab: http://www.circuitodejerez.com/en/default.cfm?i=1296996204506 Choose the sport, then hover your cursor over the highlighted dates to see what events are taking place.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Feb 2011 9:46 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Woo hoo...this kicks off this week.  Can't wait to go.

Thinking about Robert Kubica today after his terrible rallying accident at the weekend.  It looks like he may be out of racing for the whole of this year.

Let's hope he makes a full and rapid recovery.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Feb 2011 1:07 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

At the moment it looks like the current weather will hold out quite well.

Really looking forward to seeing Hamilton behind the wheel of his new car!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
11 Feb 2011 11:58 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Here at the circuit. Beautiful weather. Here's Schumacher testing the new Merc

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 11/02/2011.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2011 6:17 PM by enelsol Star rating in Mijas Costa. 24 posts Send private message

enelsol´s avatar

Sorry failed to find the Eye on Spain hospitality box ;-)

Cracking day for it though.

Justin had lost your number - catch up soon.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2011 8:05 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

That's a shame.  Maybe next time!

Was a cracking day for sure and very busy.

Justin

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 14/02/2011.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2011 7:27 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Just got back from the circuit!

What an absolutely fantastic day we had!

We saw eleven cars in total, which included three out of the four top drivers from the 2010 season:

Alonso, Hamilton and Vetel.

Kobayashi came to a complete standstill through Engine problems late in the day, right in front of us in stand X-0, but even then he still managed fifth fastest.

Hamilton's car was short on spares, so he had we think a disappointing day overall, however it wasn't for his fans (including us) as he finished fourth fastest.

Also we saw seven times World Champion Schumacher trail blazing around the track, and finished and impressive third.

Have to admit that Alonso was very impressive indeed, and put on a show for the 'home' crowd and really did put the car through it's paces, but only made second fastest.

Heidfeld was the star of the day, taking over Kubica's Renault, topping the charts at number one during his debut for the team.

Rounding off the days events, we saw di Resta lock his brakes up and spin off at turn nine in a huge cloud of dust.

Basically - Great stuff!

All this on a perfect, sunny day with temps of above 21 degrees celsius.

Took some great video and stills of the days events - and what memories we also brought home with us!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2011 8:11 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Yes we were there too today - brilliant time! Was great to see Hamilton and Vettel amongst many others. And it was so busy - never been at the weekend before, always during the week, so added to the fact Alonso was out, that's probably why! Great time! And so hot and sunny!

Like 0      
12 Feb 2011 10:10 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

So that was you shouting "Come on Hamilton" then... or was that Mrs. TechNoApe... nope! It was both of you!

We couldn't get in stand X-1 as it was packed, but we did get into stand X-0 and I got some great photos.

At a cost of 10€ and just over an hours drive from were we live... what can I say... fantastic day out doesn't come close!!!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 12/02/2011.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2011 11:03 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Yeah, and we had three boys with us too, all free of charge under 12yrs! Excellent value to see the world F1 champion and previous champions on the track!

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 3:22 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

I was away overnight in Cadiz on Friday and popped over to the Jerez Race Track in the afternoon.
What a deal it was, just €10 to watch the Worlds best F1 cars flying round the track bathed in very hot sunshine! I was surprised just how organised everything was with huge Grand Stands that were quite full.

Later, my pal John and I drove onto Puerto Santa Maria close to Cadiz to enjoy a "Tapas crawl" around this beautiful historic town until the very early hours!

It's a place thats Well worth a visit with the family for a few days and the great value of everything reminds one the Old days of my trips around Spain! My mate bought 5 pairs of shoes for 48€!!

On our way home on Sunday we popped into Gibraltar as the Man U  v Man City game started. Great atmosphere in the sports bar in the new Ocean Marina and then of course that amazing Rooney Goal!!

A great Advert for spending Wintertime in Andalucia!..............

This message was last edited by miket on 13/02/2011.

Mike T

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 10:40 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Looks like yesterday was a bit of a wash out!

High winds and rain in the afternoon!

And yet Saturday was a glorious day!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
15 Feb 2011 12:34 PM by PeterInSpain Star rating in Marbella, Spain. 39 posts Send private message

Hi All,

We took a cheeky day off Friday and went to watch - what a great experience to see all those great cars/drivers flying around. The facilities were good, the staff were really friendly, the weather was perfect, and even better, we had remembered our earplugs!

All in all a great day, €10 in and a Euro to park - terrific value..........took a late afternoon/early evening stroll around Jerez City as well (which is gorgeous if you ever get a chance.....)

Cheers,

Peter

Like 0      
15 Feb 2011 12:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, we love Jerez, it's a great city and there's loads to do there.

Justin

Like 0      
15 Feb 2011 12:50 PM by PeterInSpain Star rating in Marbella, Spain. 39 posts Send private message

No pressure Justin, but I like the sound of that EOS Hospitality Box for next time

Like 0      
15 Feb 2011 1:42 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Yeah, Jerez is one of my favourite cities in Spain.  Very pijo, and lots of money there despite the economic depression.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 6:24 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Just in case anyone is not aware, F1 testing is currently underway in Jerez this week.  It's on until Friday.  I'm hoping to pop up there myself either tomorrow or Thursday.

I think it's €10 to get in and it's a great way to spend a few hours

Justin

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 6:27 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I'm going on Thursday - Lewis is testing Thursday and Friday!  The new McLaren is looking great!  Maybe see you there Justin!

VIP tickets (grandstand, opposite the pit lane) are only €20!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity - 2 posts
furniture donation - 4 posts
VAT exemption - 5 posts
Spain - UK - Spain end January. - 2 posts
Maria´s Christmas post - 2 posts
Merry Christmas - 6 posts
ECONORENT CAR HIRE ****FUEL RIP OFF BEWARE******* - 48 posts
Catholic Church Alcaidesa Area - 1 posts
Earthquake on Costa Del Sol last night? - 1 posts
Advice on Valencia please - 0 posts
Longing for the webcam to be fixed - 5 posts
Where to buy goods - 21 posts
MADRID TAPAS TOUR - 0 posts
Switzerland to Malaga - 0 posts
Goodbye to all......with a sad heart - 140 posts
mortgage approval - 6 posts
Temporary Car Swap - 0 posts
Web Camera - 0 posts
How Do You Delete A Blog? - 1 posts
Has the EOS webcam gone on holiday? - 6 posts
Feliz Navidad - 0 posts
Iberdola online registration probs - 7 posts
Will pay up to 25€ for a TV - 3 posts
Car Hire - Don't use HERTZ| - 4 posts
Christmas Holidays - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 50

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x