Problems with Car Trawler

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

We booked a car hire, for one month, through Car Trawler - as a middle man - and so Centauro were actually going to rent us the car.

About a couple of weeks ago Monarch changed our flights - to one day later than actually booked.  (From a Saturday to a Sunday) We wrote to Car Trawler, who then referred us to Centauro.  Centauro then referred us back to Car Trawler (all done via e-mails).  Today we received an e-mail from Car Trawler saying that the car would not be available a day later (this day, Sunday,  of course, formed part of our holiday booking) and they have asked us to ring what seems to be a premium number to get the situation sorted out!!  The holiday starts in January.  It seems mad to say that a car would not be available when it should have already been booked out to us.

Help - has anyone got any good ideas - since we have already paid money up front? 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
02 Dec 2009 12:51 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Is your return flight the same or has that changed as well? That might be the problem. Try calling 0034966830159 (Head office I believe) they were very good when we had a problem. If it can't be sorted ask for your money back. You could always call the credit card company for help with a refund. Kevin

Like 0      
02 Dec 2009 2:26 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Hi Kevin

Both outgoing and incoming have advanced by one day by Monarch.  The initial problem seems to be that Car Trawler say that we are unable to pick the car up when we arrive in Spain (on the Sunday) as it's not available!!!  Can't make this out as it was already booked out to us anyway - unless of course there was a mistake their end over their cars!!  The original booking confirmation from them covered the date that they now say the car isn't available!!! We haven't received any reply from them regarding the return journey!!   At the moment I think I'm too scared to go there!!!  If the worst comes to the worst we will have to get the car back a day early and sort out a taxi - not that I want to go that way, mind you!  And, of course, that is supposing that we are able to get a car from them in the first place now!!

Thanks very much for that number - will try that this afternoon.  Our fall- back will be the credit card company, but don't know exactly how we will stand with them, because, in effect we have changed the terms of the contract by changing the dates.

Thanks very much for your advice, really appreciated

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
02 Dec 2009 2:48 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Well don't forget the airline changed your flights. Might be worth moaning at them.

If they can't supply a car then you should be able to get your money back. Unless you are actually out there at Christmas I would have thought it should not be too much of a problem finding another car.

If you want I can send you a couple of sites that don't need the money up front and usually seem cheap. Let me know and I'll send you a private message. Kevin

Like 0      
02 Dec 2009 3:28 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Hi Kevin

Decided to send the final e-mail to them - as I always like things in writing when dealing with any company.  The next step, this afternoon is to phone them - strike while the iron is hot etc!!

Should appreciate details of other companies - many thanks for the offer

Won't be  out in Spain until January.

This message was last edited by abbbb1 on 02/12/2009.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
02 Dec 2009 5:03 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Just a quick update

WE actually received a call from Car Trawler to say that there had been a big mistake!!!  All the latest e-mails from them should be ignored etc and ............................not only will there be a car for us on the actual day that we arrive we will have one right up to the last day of our holiday!

EXITO!!!

Why does life seem so complicated - retirement was supposed to be stress free - some hope!!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
03 Dec 2009 1:45 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I am so pleased for you. Its horrible to have this hanging over your head when you just want to go and enjoy yourself. Well done! Kevin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sevillana Endesa - has anyone else had a problem?? - 3 posts
Wanted - Propane Patio Heater - 3 posts
Electric hot water heater wanted - 2 posts
Christmas in Torrievieja - Nice Hotel? - 2 posts
Hi im new - 4 posts
Torre-Vieja : The Song! - 0 posts
Banks Liability Under LEY 57/68 - 46 posts
Spanish contract law - can someone clarify what consitutes a breach of contract? - 4 posts
Turkish Delight - 0 posts
Life insurance Help - 1 posts
Cheap storage facilities - 0 posts
Citroen Zsara Picasso 2.0 Diesel HD Exclusive - 3 posts
Restaurant for Christmas Day in Marbella? - 3 posts
SKY HIGH ELECTRICITY BILL - 9 posts
Looking for Estate Agents and Property Buyers for American TV show - 1 posts
Northern Soul Murcia Region - 2 posts
Table & 4 chairs - 0 posts
adopting bunny - 0 posts
rabbit adoption - 0 posts
Entertainment Only, Please - 0 posts
Wifi Leeching - 6 posts
ADANA Christmas fair - 1 posts
Malaga Orphanage Christmas Gift Appeal 2009 - 0 posts
Spanish Corruption: A Tongue in Cheek Peek - 2 posts
Advent laptop for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x