beware!!! this could happen to you!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by Pat Gillam Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Guys and gals. Those of you that are trying to sell your house or apartment beware. We like a lot of others are fighting off repossesion ...Just.. and then we get someone who offers to buy the house... without seeing it... alarm bells ring!!!. The guy says he has seen our advert on eye on spain and has fell in love with it and wants to send us a 1% non refundable deposit and come and see the house on the 28th december and pay us the remainder. More alarm bells ring. Yes we are desperate but not that much. We send an email saying that he must go through our solicitor and think thats the end of it. No. 3 days later he emails us to say he has had a meeting with his client and they are going to send us xxxx gbp as the deposit and aswell another10,000 gbp which we need to bank and hand over to the forwarding agent when they contact us. Luckily i have friends in the police force in the uk and they agree this is a money laundering scam. I know it might seem good from first glances that you have at last sold your house or apartment, but please do not be sucked in by this scam and that is exactly what it is, a scam. work on the theory that if things look too good to be true, they usually are!!

Like 0      
27 Nov 2009 10:01 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Pat, thank heavens you didn't fall for it.  We know people who have in the past.

Can you send me a PM with this person's contact details.  I want to check who else he may have contacted so that I can warn them about him.

Thanks for letting us know.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

FOR SALE - return MONARCH flights Manchester - Murcia - 0 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS ALICANTE - 0 posts
Little Tikes Roadster Toddler Bed - Boys - 1 posts
community agm - 8 posts
Non-Resident taxes - 13 posts
Single LNB to dual LNB - 6 posts
how do i stop email notification of new threads - 0 posts
The power of prayer - 22 posts
how do i stop email notification of new threads - 7 posts
FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP - NO BANK GUARANTEES - 6 posts
Disney World Spain?? - 13 posts
Vauxhall Combo Crew Van for sale - 3 posts
Spanglish and Pidgin English Won't Do - 10 posts
Costa Blanca News (What's Not On) - 0 posts
Sunrise - 9 posts
New Sky+ HD EPG comes to Amstrad boxes - 3 posts
Soccer in Spain - 2 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - still in business? - 5 posts
modelo21 - 1 posts
Alamanzora country club - 3 posts
New :) - 0 posts
Taxis in Aspe Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Monarch Cancelling Flights - Gatwick - 16 posts
College students in Spain/college aged students - 0 posts
Moving to Galicia - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x