Change of address

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by praguepix Star rating in Marbella Villa. 101 posts Send private message

Ii have my NIE, Residencia and an A4 sheet which I received from our local Seguridad Social office when I took the documents required to affiliate to the Spanish Health Service. This document has on it my numero de seguridad social.

Since receiving all these documents I have changed my address. Do I need to notify the appropriate department of the Policia as well as the other two offices of this change? Also - does one receive a card from the Social Security similar to the EHIC or does possession of a number suffice?  If I did receive a card, it would have been sent to my former address and has not been sent on.

And if I have to notify the policia etc. can it be done online? I am in Marbella, Andalucia.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2009 1:36 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Hi praguepix,

Yes, you need to change the address.  For your NIE / Residencia you need to re arrange an appointment at the police stattion and take in your new deeds or rental contract to prove your new address.  You also need to complete the relevant form and pay the relavant taxes.

Same for your social security, you will need to go in and complete a form and handover any documents which they may request.

Your card normally arrives by post, as long as you have a document with the number on it you can get medical attention.

Unfortunately none of this can be done online.

Joan

Like 0      
10 Nov 2009 2:24 PM by praguepix Star rating in Marbella Villa. 101 posts Send private message

Thanks for that, Joan. Someone else who has moved five times tells me that you need only go to the local Ayuntamiento, not to the policia. All this is very confusing. I sometimes wonder if  Spanish people know what the rules are......

Like 0      
10 Nov 2009 3:41 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

When I got my residencia/NIE certificate at Estepona police station, the woman there told me you don't need to change your address on your NIE/residencia.

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2009 3:45 PM by praguepix Star rating in Marbella Villa. 101 posts Send private message

That's where I got mine last year. I think I'll just pop down to our local town hall tomorrow to change my address on the padron and see if they tell me I need to do anything else.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2009 5:27 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

If you do not change the address and any of these entities need to send you anything by post it will always go to the old address and could cause problems.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2009 9:27 PM by praguepix Star rating in Marbella Villa. 101 posts Send private message

Yes, that's what I thought; it makes sense. I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn and queue up at the POlicia for nothing, though.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2009 4:08 PM by praguepix Star rating in Marbella Villa. 101 posts Send private message

I went to our local Ayuntamiento and changed my address for the Padron.

I was told by the official there that it is NOT neccessary to inform the Policia Extranjera. Threy will send the information to the appropriate department themselves.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Econorent - 5 posts
Accommodation in Murcia - 1 posts
Tolls! - 7 posts
Habitation certificate - 12 posts
hi, anybody had any success getting deposit refunds from builder? - 11 posts
Looking for Responsible Reasonably Priced Occasional Dog Sitter/Kennels - 6 posts
Christmas parking at Malaga airport - 1 posts
Available for any help! - 1 posts
Goldcar - 2 posts
Duquesa Water Park - 1 posts
Easyjet refund policy - 3 posts
Dutch citizens now moving from New Zealand to Spain... - 1 posts
Cost of taxis - 1 posts
A few questions about rental cars - 3 posts
1.9mtr sat dish and stand - 0 posts
interesting problem UK to ES - 2 posts
Completing & Submitting Modelo 210 - 33 posts
EASYJET - SUMMER 2010 NOW LIVE - 11 posts
Interpreter needed for hospital visits - 0 posts
Speeding Fine - 4 posts
Spain to extend new-car subsidies into 2010 - 2 posts
Those illegal bank Guarantees - 7 posts
Trampolin Hills under unsolvency procedings - 19 posts
Health regulations and customer service issues (disgusted with service from Tapindo) - 2 posts
Holiday Rental Owners Please Help - 29 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x