Tolls!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Nov 2009 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Ok, need some advice!  Going through the tolls here, on the AP7, just wanted to know what the different payment methods were.  Obviously, you've got the normal drive through pay as you go, then there is the pay by card and I'm presuming the other payment method is like a "chip" tag that you have on your dash or something.  I see the entrances for 'tarjeta' and the other one, where you just seem to drive right through, but can't remember what it says.

I'd like to know if, other than the obvious time saving factor, there is any other bonus to obtaining a "pass" on the tolls (I'm spending at least 25 Euros a week on tolls) and how do you get a pass.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Like 0      
09 Nov 2009 9:05 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

See http://www.aseta.es/motorwaysing/asetatollpayment.htm for details

I seem to remember that they cost around 40e for the kit and then 12e per year rent, you get them from your bank

Also see http://www.viat.es/

I don't think they offer any reduction on the standard toll fee, I would be intrested to know if they do.

S

Like 0      
09 Nov 2009 9:23 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Pitby - I'm afraid I have got into the spanish habit of coming off the motorway before the tolls and then going back on after!  We have 2 tolls here in Torrevieja / Orihuela Costa within a few kilometres of each other and then there isn't another one for 600km!!  Total rip-off because it is a tourist area. 

When I do have to pay I just use my spanish debit card which is quick and easy - no need to find change etc and you get through really quickly.  I don't think I use the tolls often enough to justify paying for the system described by Team GB.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2009 9:53 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I've got one of these little machines and there are benefits - just one of them is if you use it so many times per month, when it comes to summer time and the tolls go up in price, you pay the lower price of winter tolls and don't suffer any increase.  In addition, I think they credit my bank account every quarter if you use it so many times during the winter!

Mine cost an initial payment of 20 euros for the machine and then the money is deducted each time you go through. You get them through your bank. I think they are great - no more queueing to pay for tolls....

If you're a regular user of tolls they are well worth having....

Like 0      
09 Nov 2009 10:17 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Thanks for the responses!  Think I will definitely invest in the machine.  I am spending a minimum of 25 euros each week - at winter rates!    Obviously, in the summer it's practically doubled!

Like 0      
19 Nov 2009 11:05 PM by Jimbothescot Star rating in Urcal,Huercal Overa,.... 41 posts Send private message

Where are the tolls doubling for the summer?

I use the R3 around Madrid and the AP1 from Burgos to Bilbao every month and the price has never altered for me,except at the start of the year when the general increase takes place.

Thanks  Jimbo

Like 0      
19 Nov 2009 11:10 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Hi Jimbo

On the AP7 from Manilva to Malaga, during the summer, the first toll at San Pedro is around 4.15 euros and the second, around Torremolinos (or somewhere near!!) is 6.25 euros.  In winter, now, it's 2.55 at San Pedro and 3.75 at Torremolinos.

Maybe in other areas it doesn't change, but here in Malaga it most certainly does!

Like 0      
19 Nov 2009 11:12 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Jimbo - they double at the start of the tourist season around the Costa Blanca - March or April, I think -  and then reduce again at the end of September.  So many people come off the motorway to avoid the tolls that they have just spent a fortune upgrading the N332 while the motorway is virtually empty.  Mad!! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Habitation certificate - 12 posts
hi, anybody had any success getting deposit refunds from builder? - 11 posts
Looking for Responsible Reasonably Priced Occasional Dog Sitter/Kennels - 6 posts
Christmas parking at Malaga airport - 1 posts
Available for any help! - 1 posts
Goldcar - 2 posts
Duquesa Water Park - 1 posts
Easyjet refund policy - 3 posts
Dutch citizens now moving from New Zealand to Spain... - 1 posts
Cost of taxis - 1 posts
A few questions about rental cars - 3 posts
1.9mtr sat dish and stand - 0 posts
interesting problem UK to ES - 2 posts
Completing & Submitting Modelo 210 - 33 posts
EASYJET - SUMMER 2010 NOW LIVE - 11 posts
Interpreter needed for hospital visits - 0 posts
Speeding Fine - 4 posts
Spain to extend new-car subsidies into 2010 - 2 posts
Those illegal bank Guarantees - 7 posts
Trampolin Hills under unsolvency procedings - 19 posts
Health regulations and customer service issues (disgusted with service from Tapindo) - 2 posts
Holiday Rental Owners Please Help - 29 posts
Where do you get your tyres from? - 33 posts
Any recommendations for places to eat plus places to see - in Toledo? - 0 posts
Deadline to register your PAYG phone - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x