Is there any snow yet?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I'm out with my mate at the moment. He is quite interested in going to the mountsains to see if/ what the winter sports are like. Before we trek off, is there any snow yet, or will it be a wasted journey?

Mark

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 9:41 AM by SimoneIcough Star rating in Monda. 43 posts Send private message

SimoneIcough´s avatar

Hi Mark,

The snow usually comes when it starts raining on the coast! Looks like it may rain today so you never know! Mind you it still isnt very cold. Check out one of the local weather websites. If you go to the mountains have fun :)

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 9:59 AM by diverdan Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

How long does it take to drive from Vera to the snow?

dd

Looking forward to a long retirement in the sun..........

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 10:34 AM by SimoneIcough Star rating in Monda. 43 posts Send private message

SimoneIcough´s avatar

Hi dd,

It would take about 2 and a half hours to drive to Granada, its around 230Kms from Vera. According to the website I have just visited there will be snow falling tomorrow and Thursday on the higher slopes.

Hope this helps :)

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 11:05 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

check out www.sierranevadaski.com - there are weather reports and live web cams too.

I know the ski season started in November last year and I believe it ended in May this year so a great season!

Like 0      
20 Oct 2009 4:19 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

Can see the Sierra Nevadas from my roof terrace...nothing doing in the way of snow just yet.

Our village stands at an altitude of around 2,500 feet and until today we have been having temperatures in the mid 70's F during the day falling to around 50F at night. Today is 68F and no sun for the first time in weeks.

I suspect you may be a little early in your search for snow; the Sierra's can be a bit fickle when it comes to snow; last winter started early December and did indeed run right through until Mid May...the last vestiges of snow didn't disappear until early June... the year before was very poor for the ski-ing fraternity, late start and early finish the season only lasted a couple of months.

Having said all that, the Nevadas are well worth a visit anytime...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
23 Oct 2009 3:29 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Mark...

Further to my earlier observation... Is there any snow...? There is now!

At least on the higher slopes around Mulhacen.

I was out on the A92 this morning heading towards Granada from Loja and the view of the the upper slopes of the Nevadas was quite spectacular in the mid-day sunshine.

Not a lot of snow yet but for those who like it its a promising start!

fb

Like 0      
23 Oct 2009 3:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks for that, but just getting ready to go home now . It was only so my mate could say he had been to the beach and made a smowman too .

Cheers

Mark

Like 0      
23 Oct 2009 3:38 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Theres not many places in the world where you can do both on the same day!

Just one of the reasons why we love it here!

Have a safe trip home...

fb

Like 0      
24 Oct 2009 4:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No snow here in Leeds, just rain. Will have to make it a defo when back out in January, there's bound to be some by then

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Work For Skilled Professionals In Spain - 1 posts
advice wanted - 2 posts
Seat available for trip to Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Road Works - 10 posts
CIVIL PARTNERSHIPS IN SPAIN - 6 posts
Leather Sofa repair - 7 posts
Utilities & a "new" one - 1 posts
Is EOS a good place for everyone with an interest in Spain ? - 14 posts
Teletec v Europa whos best? - 1 posts
Tax question, Selling property and returning to the U.K. - 2 posts
Epson : Self Destruction Printers - 10 posts
Decorating - 6 posts
rent 2 buy - 1 posts
spanish mobile phones - 7 posts
RESIDENCIA AND NIE - 0 posts
community charges for special repairs - help needed. - 3 posts
FRACTIONAL OWNERSHIP - 14 posts
HPA section 9.4 Contribution to expenses - 12 posts
5 door CAR WANTED - 2 posts
Any recommendations for Aguilas. - 1 posts
HPA section 7 - 1 posts
cheap housing wanted - 1 posts
British to Spanish Driving licence- Alicante Region, Orihuela/Elche area - 23 posts
Help Needed - 7 posts
property management company wanted - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x