Registering a UK motorbike in Spain.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by mixedgas Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to register a UK motorbike in Spain. I'm sure that there must be a thread on here somewhere but I just cant find it. Alternatively can anyone point me in the direction of a motorbike shop anywhere between Murcia and Almeria. (the closer to Aguilas the better) I'm especially interested in buying a Harley but failing that I will probably look for an enduro type machine (650cc plus). - any members of eos got anything to sell? Thanks Andrew

Like 0      
02 Oct 2009 2:05 PM by Ando Star rating in Wolverhampton/Balsic.... 37 posts Send private message

Hi there

i have asked the same question before with no response, I have a Yamaha 750 Virago of which i;m shipping over next year,the insurance is going to cost about 450 euros (not cheap)but nobody can tell how much it will cost to register the bike in Spain

I notice your in the Murcia area anywhere near Balsicas,as to a motorbike shop i believe there is one in Orieulla,try doing a search.There are quite a few Harley;s in the area and if your interested every year in Lo pagan they hold a Harley convention some beautiful machines to be seen,i think it is the first weekend in june  

Good luck      

Like 0      
02 Oct 2009 3:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

There is a motorbike shop in Mojacar on the front. It isn't big by any means (you won't get a Harley) and mainly sells up to 125cc, but they have had 600's and 900's in there when i've been past before.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2009 3:42 PM by mixedgas Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks guys, It strikes me that its not the cost of insurance but more theRegistration, documentation and the Spanish equivelant of the MOT which proves to be the stumbling block. I guess its not so bad if you are fluent in Spanish but I'm not even close to that stage yet. I'm only about 20 minutes  East of Mojacar so maybe thats a good starting point if I cant get my KLX 650 registered to easily in Spain

Best wishes Andrew

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Beware Lettings Conman - 0 posts
Alcazaba Hills - 17 posts
uk treats costa blanca - 0 posts
Debt Termination Incorporation - 2 posts
Private Health Insurance. Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 17 posts
New Healthcare Scheme for Valencia - 2 posts
taxi needed on saturday night from Valle del Este to Mojacar - 0 posts
la caixa - proceddures on depositing cheques - 4 posts
Looking for a few key estate agents - 0 posts
Print Spanish postal stamps from PC? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - 1 posts
starting up stables in spain - 3 posts
Registering with the Spanish Tax Office - 5 posts
PM from rememberme............... - 1 posts
Yellow whites - 2 posts
Car registration plates - 9 posts
Reply from the "Tax Man" - 1 posts
Fontana Pizzeria Pueblo Latino Torre de la Horadada - 3 posts
Centro Cultural, Quesada - is there an e-mail address? - 0 posts
Vodafone dongle-early redemption penalty? - 8 posts
Spanish social security - is it worth signing up? - 9 posts
Selling a UK vehicle in spain to someone returning to the UK - 1 posts
Handing in the Keys - 1 posts
replacement shutters - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x