Importing a UK car to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by cutters Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi, I am going to import a UK car into Spain within the next few months does anyone know a reliable company near Torry/Murcia to handle this for me?

Many thanks

Like 0      
02 Oct 2009 1:22 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Sorry no but you can import with a gestor from any part of Spain. Just make sure you are given the correct instructions and costs. Depending on status and as to whether or not you have to pay import duty. You need to know if it is worth it

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 3:48 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

Hi Cutters.

To handle the restration etc? or the import of the car

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 3:49 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

Hi Cutters.

To handle the restration etc? or the import of the car

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 5:23 PM by cutters Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

No I will be driving the car to spain. Its just the paperwork etc to transfer it onto spanish plates. One small issue is that we do not live in spain just have a holiday villa. so relunctant to spend too long doing the paperwork myself.

regards

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 6:02 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

We to have a holiday home and brought a car over about six month ago and used costa blanca car reg, to do all our paperwork .

carregcostablanca@hotmail.com

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 8:50 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Cutters. You do not need to go to the expense of importing the car into Spain if you are not living here.  You can leave the vehicle here to us on your holidays.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 8:52 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

chelseadel. I do not understand as to why you paid to have your car in Spain. You are entitled to drive a foreign plated car whilst on holiday here

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 12:02 AM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

you can't keep your car on non spanish plates for more than six month

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 12:08 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

No I am sorry that is not the case. You cannot drive your car for more than six months. You can garage it whilst you are away.  There is so much misinformation so I understand your comments

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 8:32 AM by cutters Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We tend to spend 8 weeks in spain during May/June and then 6 weeks Sept/Oct. The car will stay in Spain. I thought that we have no choice but to transfere it to Spanish plates with spanish insurance.

Am I wrong?

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 9:38 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Cutter. Yes but posiive for you. YOU CAN KEEP THE CAR HERE ON ENGLISH PLATES. IF you think you may be stopped by the police keep details of your travel docs. IE: flight tickets, ferry etc. If you go to a gestor he will import the car as this will obviously generate money. We import for our members but only when they are residents and legally avoiding the duty.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 9:56 AM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

?

so what happens when your MOT(spanish ITV) needs renewing, and your Road Tax and car insurance

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 10:21 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Chelseadel ???  That is a different subject. The mot as you are aware has to be done in the UK and maybe you have forgetten that you can renew your insurance in the UK. They can also choose to insure here. Have you any other reasons why they should pay out money?

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 10:21 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Chelseadel ???  That is a different subject. The mot as you are aware has to be done in the UK and maybe you have forgetten that you can renew your insurance in the UK. They can also choose to insure here. Have you any other reasons why they should pay out money?

Like 0      
07 Oct 2009 12:36 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar

it's not a different subject.  and I fully understand the situation as I've had to go through the procedure

That's all I have to say on the subject, if you think your right so be it.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2019 6:47 PM by Pete7811 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Why can't just someone do a writr up of what to do from A to Z for all people importing thr car from UK is beyong my undertsanding. So menay of us has done it before (I am just going to embark on this journey), so let's share the knowledge and empower each other so we don't need to splash money on something we can do ourselves.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2019 8:19 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

I have now done it twice; so many people have asked me what I did I have written a pamphlet on it from start to finish.

If anyone would like a copy, pm me your email address and I will gladly send you a copy.

Steve

Steve.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Healthcare Scheme for Valencia - 2 posts
taxi needed on saturday night from Valle del Este to Mojacar - 0 posts
la caixa - proceddures on depositing cheques - 4 posts
Looking for a few key estate agents - 0 posts
Print Spanish postal stamps from PC? - 1 posts
Question for Maria - 1 posts
starting up stables in spain - 3 posts
Registering with the Spanish Tax Office - 5 posts
PM from rememberme............... - 1 posts
Yellow whites - 2 posts
Car registration plates - 9 posts
Reply from the "Tax Man" - 1 posts
Fontana Pizzeria Pueblo Latino Torre de la Horadada - 3 posts
Centro Cultural, Quesada - is there an e-mail address? - 0 posts
Vodafone dongle-early redemption penalty? - 8 posts
Spanish social security - is it worth signing up? - 9 posts
Selling a UK vehicle in spain to someone returning to the UK - 1 posts
Handing in the Keys - 1 posts
replacement shutters - 0 posts
just sold - experiences - 0 posts
Keyholder and cleaner - 3 posts
Roadside assistance - 0 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - 6 posts
Complaints book for airlines? - 5 posts
IBI Tax withou License of firrst occupation - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x