Malaga Airport Parking...Question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi all;

On Sunday I have to make a trip to Malaga Airport.

Last time I was there it ws total chaos in respect of Parking but found a space in a free carpark P3 near the cargo terminal which was served by a shuttlebus service back to the main passenger terminal.similarly there used to be free parking available on the other side of the railway lines, accessed by an underpass.  

Does anyone know if this car park is still available, free and shuttle bus serviced or am I going to have to use the regular P1 or P2 parks.

The aena website makes no reference to P3 other than in respect of General Aviation parking which is now a pay car park.

Generally has anyone used the cattle market  Malaga Airport in the last couple of months?

Is it just as chaotic as it always was or have they finally sorted things out?

Thanks

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 5:21 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Yes P3´s still there, still free and still provides a shuttle bus service to the airport. My partner´s car is parked there at the moment.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 5:37 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

AJB1; many thanks for that!

All contributions to this thread are welcomed!

fb

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 5:56 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi FB

Are you meeting?, do they need your assisstance?, if not why not just park up on the car hire slip road and wait till they call you..

Can confirm what Ajb says about P3

S

This message was last edited by Team GB on 24/09/2009.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 6:30 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

How long can  you leave a vehicle in P 3 at Malaga airport?

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 1:22 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Team GB;

Many thanks for that.

Unfortunately I'm dropping my wife off for a trip back home and she wants me to hang about until its time to go, so I'm going to be hanging around the airport for a couple of hours!

Given the aggro associated with the cattle market  Malaga Airport, and the fact that for me its a 280km round trip, Ive been looking at using the ALSA coach service from Granada to Malaga then Renfe Cercania train out to the airport. Costs and travelling times are about the same and it means someone else is doing the driving!

I just wish that someone would give some thought to re-instating a flight from Granada to Gatwick to replace the late lamented Monarch service. Ryan's no good because they dont service Gatwick from Granada only Stansted and thats 200 miles from home and in totally the wrong direction. Granada-Gatwick can be done by changing aircraft at Madrid and using BA / Iberia but at nigh on 1500 euros it's tad pricey! (Wanna hire a seat not buy the bl**dy aircraft.)

Jet48; P3 used to be free indefinitely; when i last used it, some of the cars there looked as if they had been there for months!

Thanks for the help folks...

fb

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 8:37 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi FB

I have been reading all the blogs about Monarch stopping there service, must be a real pain for many of you up that way, appears to be no alternative for the south. Is Heathrow an option?

S

This message was last edited by Team GB on 25/09/2009.

This message was last edited by Team GB on 25/09/2009.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 10:48 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

Granada-Heathrow can be done using BA / Iberia  but is very expensive and involves an aircraft change at Madrid, cost is typically 1000Euros plus...one way!

Granada- Gatwick is still possible; again an aircraft change at Madrid; using Ryanair flights throughout  involves a 12 hour layover at Madrid; using a mix of Ryanair and Easyjet again it is possible, changing planes and operator at Madrid, but connection time is tight and Ryan dont guarantee onward flights, (not even with themselves never mind another rival operator on the same route.) Neither Ryan nor Easyjet come very high on my list of preferred operators.

Almeria is no good; its a 450km round trip, Seville likewise so it has to be Malaga.

fb

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 1:48 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

OK, so I can partially answer my own question, though not concerning P3.

This is posted after completing the trip.

After due consideration my wife and I decided to try the bus / train option. Given that we had a 1040am check-in time we consulted Alsa the bus/coach company and prebooked tickets on their 0800 Granada-Malaga service, picking up in the next village to ours at 0830 . Obviously, if the bus calls at our village it also calls at others en route and this tends to extend the journey time a little, but nevertheless we arrived in Malaga on schedule at 0945. Malaga bus station backs onto the railway station so its just a question of crossing the road and waiting for the next RENFE Cercanias train for Fuengirola which calls at the airport. In our case the departure was at 1019 and we breezed into the airport just 14 minutes later.

The whole experience was just about as stress free as you can get these days and my gut feeling about not using the car was borne out when we saw two accidents on A45 where cars had spun out on the wet slippery surface due to heavy rain.

Airport Check in was the normal 30 minutes of queuing, but having checked in satisfactorily we still had time for  coffee and donuts before my wife had to go through the security system on her way to the gate.

The coach returning from Malaga to Granada was full...of Brits; which just goes to show how much the services of Monarch and Granada Airport are missed, since everyone except me was heading through to Granada City and beyond.

Three valuable lessons learned here today and worthy of note to other users of Malaga Airport

1. From Jaen and Granada and the surrounding areas, the bus train option is eminently do-able at a cost which is roughly the same as driving down by car, considering stress levels, fuel costs, parking fees and general wear and tear.our joint bus and train fares one single and one return came to under 24 Euros.

2. To check to see whether your outbound flight is going to be delayed at all, check-in then pop downstairs to the arrivals hall and check inbound flight arrivals; in our case the flight was due in at 1210 but arrived at 1147, so there were no anticipated delays and indeed the flight left right on time.

3. DO NOT use the coffee shop in the departures area; its dire, the food is crap, and the hot drinks only luke warm, the staff are even worse than the Maccy-D rejects to be found at most UK airports. The coffee lounge in the arrivals hall is much, much better...

fb

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 9:35 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

The thing is Foxbat,

What are you going to when your good lady returns.

I bet you drive!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish social security - 9 posts
Equality with community fees - 4 posts
Alternative offered!!!! - 12 posts
Horizontal Property Act, Section 17 - 6 posts
CAM charges - 12 posts
Are Today's Newspapers Boring? - 5 posts
La Herradura. Montesinos - 3 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 13 posts
Spanish banks on the ropes - 0 posts
Exciting, special scooter for sale! - 0 posts
VERY DISTINCTIVE JETSKI STOLEN FROM TORREVIEJA AREA. 3000 EURO REWARD. - 12 posts
Yet More UK Taxation... - 1 posts
Why are there no English speaking staff at Endesa Costa Del Sol offices - 8 posts
Looking for a healthier diet and lifestyle? - 4 posts
Who'd buy in Spain after this stark warning? - 20 posts
Polaris World - no thanks - 39 posts
Brand New Boxed 42inch LCD tv - 3 posts
Shipping Furniture to Murcia/Cartagena - 3 posts
Help! Spanish Banks: Minimum amount left in?/Regular transfers - 9 posts
JET 2 FLIGHTS - 2 posts
Solid Wood Table For Sale - 0 posts
Looking for a bilingual receptionist service in Spain - 3 posts
Child's bed - Mid Sleeper - 0 posts
Mortgage Rates - 1 posts
FORD FOCUS Estate - DIESEL - FOR SALE - 2002 - 2 Years ITV - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x