Best Websites on Spain - help please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

I am producing a guide to the best websites on Spain for friends and clients of Eco Vida. I would welcome suggestions. What is your favourite website? What websites do you recommend to family and friends who are travelling to or thinking of moving to Spain?

My categories (at the moment) are

·         Property Portals and Newsletters

·         Professional Advisors

·         Community (forums, expat sites, etc)

·         Hidden Jewels (favorite hotels, beaches, restaurants, beauty spots)

·         Fun Stuff

Any feedback would be really welcome.

Thank you so much.

I am producing a guide to the best websites on Spain for friends and clients of Eco Vida. I would welcome suggestions. What is your favourite website? What websites do you recommend to family and friends who are travelling to or thinking of moving to Spain?

My categories (at the moment) are

·         Property Portals and Newsletters

·         Professional Advisors

·         Community (forums, expat sites, etc)

·         Hidden Jewels (favorite hotels, beaches, restaurants, beauty spots)

·         Fun Stuff

Any feedback would be really welcome.

Thank you so much.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 11:04 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi John

Here are my recommendations:

PortalsKyero.com is probably the best for English speakers.  Award winning website.  FotoCasa and idealista are Spanish portals but I think they are available in English too.  They are much bigger than Kyero in terms of traffic but more concentrated on the Spanish market.

Newsletters: Kyero do a weekly newsletter called "Property Pulse".  Covers all aspects of Spanish economy and real estate.  It's very good.  Obvously our own newsletter is excellent too. Spanish Property Insight have a great real estate related newsletter which comes out every month.   Spanish Fiestas have an interesting monthly newsletter on more travel and fiesta related subjects.

Community: Err, you're on the best forum here  !   There are user blogs here too.  There are many area specific forums around such as Almerimar Life and Manilva Life but too many to list really.

Travel: Spanish Airport Guide has loads of info on the different airports in Spain, very useful for any traveller.

NewsTypically Spanish is a great site to catch up on all the news from Spain.

I could be here all day listing good sites but those are my favourites.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 12:53 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought we weren't allowed to post links to similar websites and now you've gone and done it yourself.

AND not just one link but NINE!!!

Tut! Tut!

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 1:03 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Whoops!  I should read the forum rules!

They are all complimentary sites and always happy to recommend them. 

The reason it states that in the rules is because what often happens is that people set up a community website for a sub forum on the site and "steal" our hard worked for traffic, particularly for the communities.  I don't mind people setting up their own websites, just don't shout about it blatantly on here!

I don't mind competition, in fact competition is great...it keeps us on our toes.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 1:26 PM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

Thanks Justin, there are some great ideas in there. Some of them I know about including, of course, yours and, having posted the same message on one or two other forums, I think the response from you speaks for itself. I would welcome ideas from anyone else and Justin once again thank you for your integrity. Warm regards. John

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 2:26 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Justin:

Thanks for setting examples of loyal and transparent competition!

Keep up your good work and the clean ways!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 7:46 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Best Websites on Spain??

Without a doubt ........EOS,EOS,EOS and EOS...and   the others Justin listed are worth a look.

"I don't mind competition, in fact competition is great...it keeps us on our toes"

That's easy to say Justin since you've just blown the rest of 'em right out of the water now that EOS is available in 50 languages..

Like 0      
17 Sep 2009 8:25 AM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

TheBabyHireCentre´s avatar

Can we rcommend our own one...?

Everybody who has used it has said how helpful it was/is.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2009 10:25 AM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

sure what is it?

(couldnt see it in your signature....or is that not allowed?)

Like 0      
17 Sep 2009 10:41 AM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Gosh, I wish we'd known about your Baby Hire service last year when we had grandchildren staying. Do you hire out babies, too? I'd love one to play with for a little while then send back... 

Victoria

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
17 Sep 2009 11:50 AM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

TheBabyHireCentre´s avatar

Victoria: That is a very common request! 

John: it is www.thebabyhirecentre.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ryanair desk Alicante Airport - 3 posts
What a way to spend my hols - 2 posts
SUN LOUNGERS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Non Resident - Tax Paid on Sterling Savings - Help Required to Recover Money - 0 posts
Which form ... ? - 1 posts
Spain's Struggles Illustrate Pitfalls of Europe's Common Currency - 0 posts
La Herrada [Los Montesinos] - 0 posts
Asda in Mijas-Costa - 8 posts
When the Judge finds in your favour, what date is used to decide the amount of interest? - 5 posts
Renting out - 2 posts
Reply button - 11 posts
Carrying cash through the airports - 3 posts
Got a buyer but what to do with the cash? - 19 posts
Power Of Attorney - 1 posts
Advice From Justin Re. Sicily - 1 posts
costa advice bureau - 1 posts
How best to market Costa del Sol property to buyers in Madrid? - 2 posts
Spain: the property street market for europeans - 0 posts
Charity Event For Cancer Relief in Torreguadiaro 26/09 - 0 posts
Property in the Estepa area - 0 posts
The restore action - 4 posts
patrick swayze has died today - 5 posts
Costa Blanca TV - 12 posts
derek - 0 posts
Two ordered to prison for refusing to demolish their illegally-built home .. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x