Ryanair Baggage return flight only

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

We only want to pay for baggage for the return flight as we are bringing cases back only. I am unsure if I check-in for the outward flight I have the option to pay for baggage on the return flight. Has anyone done this or know the rules? I cannot see this on the Ryanair website terms.

Is there a Ryanair Tel. No. to check this out?

This message was last edited by rodger on 11/09/2009.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 4:20 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

What we did is add a case to our booking after we had made the outward journey and while checking in for our homeward flight.

I don't think there's a way of doing one-way baggage before you start the outward journey.

Irene

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 4:24 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

I'm sure that when you book the flights it give's you option to add luggage and remove luggage on outgoing & return flights. If not just do two bookings one, 1 way & a return the charges should work out the same.  

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 4:35 PM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

AH, thanks. We did not want to get our outward check-in done and then find the opportunity of paying for baggage on the return trip closed off to us!

So I guess as it's now 15 days to get return tickets we can check-in for our outward journey and as we are only away 10 days, then immediately logon to reserve and pay for the return bagagge and then check-in and print our return tickets. That's slightly different to Irene's although Roddy1's I'm not sure how that works as I've already paid for the flights and noticed if I try to add lugagge BEFORE the check-in the system (rightly) assumes I will be bringing it back and charges £20 each which I think is both ways per person. Am I right (I'm expecting to pay £10 per person for on <15Kg case)?

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 7:13 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

Hi Rodger,

when we have tried to do this with ryanair they would

not let us. so I book 2 singles out with only hand luggage

then book 2 singles return to include suitcases

GYPSY

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 7:21 PM by bigmo Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Rodger, I did the same, book  one way tickets. One for going out with no luggage and one for returning with luggage.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 8:36 PM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

Ah, so just to recap, because we've already booked return flights we our only options (despite Irene's advice) appear to be:

1. book baggage for both directions before we ckeck-in for the outbound flight OR

2. take our baggage to the check-in desk and pay there.

I guess the first option is cheapest and more easily done. Right?

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 9:23 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Sorry you did not say that the flights where already booked, what I suggest is that fly out with no luggage, whilst in Spain, when you check in online , update and then add the additional luggage for return trip.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2009 9:04 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

I did notice that the charge for the outward baggage was £20 per person. This seems to assume that you are bringing it back! I thought the price was £10 pp per direction and that booking for the outward direction would not include the return.

We are going to take the chance and check-in later today without booking baggage and then try to book baggage for the return flights only just before check-in for the return flights.

Just in case the above doesn't work, does anyone know if Alicante airport has the facilities for bringing in (and paying for) baggage that has not been pre-booked for Ryanair? Is there a Ryanair desk?

Like 0      
14 Sep 2009 9:11 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Rodger

Just to reiterate... when we came back to Spain I went on line and amended our booking - twice! We started off with one extra case, then I went in and added another (we decided to bring the kitchen sink back with us I think). Anyway, yes you have to pay, but it can be done.

Have a good trip

Irene

Like 0      
14 Sep 2009 9:44 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Rodger

Yes Ryanair have a booking desk at Alicante Airport 

Like 0      
14 Sep 2009 10:01 AM by not smooth Star rating. 241 posts Send private message

If it is anything like taking bikes over etc the assumption is you are bringing them back.

I was advised by Ryan Air the only way to book them one way was by phone not on line

hope this helps

Like 0      
14 Sep 2009 10:52 AM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Probably cheaper to send it by DHL or something

Like 0      
14 Sep 2009 6:57 PM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

Well, just out of interest here's how it had to be done:

I went to check-in and only checked the outward check-in option for both of us.

Printed off the outward flight passes.

Tried to then book baggage for return journey and was not allowed.

Phoned their travel enquiry desk and paid for return baggage only (£10 each).

Got a confirmation email.

Printed off return passes which had the baggage items recorded.

Hope that helps.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2009 2:32 AM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I've just booked as two single flights, with baggae one way only. Handling charge is per flight not per booking so makes no difference . That was until I thought I'd booked two flights back to UK + none out!!!  I hadn't though

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 3:37 PM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

When we arrive at Alicante airport where do we go to check our baggage in? Is it a normal desk allocated or their own office?

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 4:39 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Yes Rodger just go to the operators check-in desk, who you are flying with! 

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 11:23 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

Ryanair

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Would anyone be interested? - 4 posts
Tips for increasing your Spanish property rentals online - 6 posts
Taking a dog from Spain to France and back? - 11 posts
Lost SIP Card - 2 posts
Is It Time For Plan B - 118 posts
Wireless Internet - 0 posts
CAM Bank - Annual interest rate change on loans - 3 posts
Justin, Private messages. - 2 posts
Fire on Estepona Mountain - 7 posts
computer screen gone mad! - 2 posts
Medical Advice if you're moving to Spain - 1 posts
EOS Spanish Course - 13 posts
Gardner & Handyman and homemade cakes! - 0 posts
new sky cards - 5 posts
Inheritance debts! - 6 posts
Pool price - 1 posts
Spain court jurisdiction - 5 posts
by train from the ferry terminal at Denia to Totana - 3 posts
ENDESA PHONE NUMBER NEEDED PLEASE FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING STAFF - 19 posts
Changing avatar etc - 15 posts
Wanted - Folding BIke - 5 posts
Car share from Manilva to La Line/Gibraltar - 0 posts
Legalising my existing swimming pool - 4 posts
For Sale Toyota Rav 4 2005 - 1 posts
Any thoughts on La Marina Urbanisation near Santa Pola Costa Blanca? - 29 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x