by train from the ferry terminal at Denia to Totana

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by heffin Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a realiable! method of getting from the Denia ferry terminal to Totana by rail - Looking at Wikapedia it seems that the train runs from Alicante to Murcia (city) and then presumably a change of trains and on to Totana.

I've had a look at the Renfe website but it's a bit confusing. Is there a train that runs from Denia to Alicante and does anyone know if it is indeed possible to travel from Alicante to Totana and how frequently the trains run.

Many thanks,

Michael Jones

Like 0      
09 Sep 2009 2:01 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

This information is derived from the renfe website and yes it does take some digging its not the most user friendly website in the world...

Alicante-Totana and reverse is the easy bit...Trains run hourly in both directions and all involve a change at Murcia involving a wait of about 15-20 minutes. Alicante-Murcia is Cercania route C1; Murcia-Totana and beyond is Cercania Route C2

First train out of Alicante is 0605 then hourly until 2005. Note that the train which would be the 1905 is retimed to 1930. Total journey time is 2hrs 20 minutes.

First train out of Totana in the oppposite direction is at 0701 then hourly until 2121. Again journey time is slightly variable but is around 2hr 20 minutes.

The difficult part is Alicante-Denia; this stretch is not part of renfe and appears to be a tram route. It certainly starts from Denia but whether or not it reaches into Alicante is a different matter...

Maybe someone that lives in Alicante can fill in the blank spaces here!

From what I can gather the intention is to link into Alicante but being narrow guage and not part of Renfe it probably terminates some place else other than the Renfe station.

Anyone else with more up to date info please oblige!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
09 Sep 2009 2:09 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Did a bit more digging and came up with this;and this

Hope this helps!

fb

Like 0      
09 Sep 2009 7:18 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

Eos have some strange rules about pm's for newcomers to the site. Anyway I replied to your pm but just in case it doesnt get through here is the content repeated...

Hi, again!

No such thing as a direct flight from IBZ to MJV as you so rightly say all are routed via either BCN or MAD.

Having nothing better to do on this blisteringly hot Granada afternoon, I decided to pursue the issue of the tram service from Denia to Alicante and dig a bit deeper into their timetables, http://www.fgvalicante.com/descargas/pdf/HorariosTRAM2009junio.pdf

Basically it looks to be easy peasy!

Trams run hourly from Denia to Alicante from 0620 until 2020. All involve a change at Benidorm from route L9 to route L1. The waiting time at Benidorm is 6 minutes. Total tram journey time is 148 minutes.

Trams arrive in Alicante at the current terminus at Mercado in C / San Vincente which is about a 10-15 minute walk along the Avenida de Alfonso de Sabio and Avenida del Estacion to the RENFE Station for the onward connection to Murcia (change) and Totana.

Again having nothing better to do I ran a specimen timetable for the entire route and came up with this;

Dep Ibiza  1100am

Arr. Denia  1300

Dep Denia 1320  or 1420

change at Benidorm

Arr. Alicante (Mercado) 1550 or 1650

Change Stations at Alicante

Dep Alicante (Renfe) 1605 or 1705 or 1805 (1605 departure might be pushing it a bit!)

Arr Murcia       1724 or 1824 or 1924  (Change in each case) 

Dep Murcia    1745 or 1845 or 1945

Arr Totana      1821 or 1921 or 2045

There is also a Talgo Express service from Alicante direct to Totana as follows

Dep Alicante (Renfe) 2039

Arr   Totana 2226.

Its a longish trip but probably far less wearing than the AP 7...

An interesting afternoon well spent I hope!

Good luck!

fb

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ENDESA PHONE NUMBER NEEDED PLEASE FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING STAFF - 19 posts
Changing avatar etc - 15 posts
Wanted - Folding BIke - 5 posts
Car share from Manilva to La Line/Gibraltar - 0 posts
Legalising my existing swimming pool - 4 posts
For Sale Toyota Rav 4 2005 - 1 posts
Any thoughts on La Marina Urbanisation near Santa Pola Costa Blanca? - 29 posts
Spanish-English interchange - 0 posts
Consumer wins against unfair penalty clause - 0 posts
Gas Cost for AC Unit - 5 posts
BABY PRAM, PUSH CHAIR AND BABY SEAT FOR SALE - 0 posts
Should I pay the bank´s property valuation? - 2 posts
Reduced fees for Mortgage operations - 0 posts
Laptop In Case - 4 posts
Wanted Fridge/Freezer - 2 posts
To Pay or not to pay - 2 posts
Argus Car Hire - 9 posts
visa eletron - 1 posts
spains appeal gone - 45 posts
FS - SOLAR HEATING panel - Vacuum tube type brand new. - 1 posts
Aircraft fleet average age. - 10 posts
Mark Wilman and Nick Hodgert - Villapac - 6 posts
Easyjet Sale up to 25% off offers ends 8th Sept 2009 - 9 posts
Nearest Tax Office for Modelo 030 and 210 - 0 posts
"Tarjeta de Residencia" Question for Maria de Castro - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x