Any thoughts on La Marina Urbanisation near Santa Pola Costa Blanca?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2009 12:52 PM by Derby duck Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks for every ones input to my original post.  We've now been out to La Marina a couple of times as well as visiting the area before and now excited that we're going over in January to complete on a property on the Urb.

Sten46 - yes you've guessed I'm from Derby (Alvaston). Met a couple from Burton who we swapped phone numbers with last time we were in La Marina who live there and with the Hillside serving Pedigree it will feel like home from home. Having said that I love the Spanish way of life and although we only be over there for holidays to start with, who knows what will happen in a year or two?

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 12:47 AM by Cerveza Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

La Marina is a nice place to be honest and you can get a mixture which makes it perfect for people moving to Spain. You can still get your bingo,karaoke,fish & chips and not have to speak Spanish (for people moving over then this can be pretty helpful) and you can also visit the Spanish bars and restaurents and even better go down to San Fulgencio village or the village by the beach which is very Spanish and when you try to speak Spanish to them and not the same old grunty English then any mistakes they will help you out and guide you. 

The crime...well I have not noticed anything bizarre that wouldn't happen anywhere else and have never been approached when walking along on my own in the day or night. Yes you get crime, but this happens everywhere and I have not seen anything major in La Marina.

As stated....the place is very hilly but that comes with great views and you get use to them after a while and know which road to dodge if you possibly can.

It's a friendly place with some great people and you can get the best of both worlds which is a great mixture. 

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 8:43 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

What's happened to Derby Duck?

Try Our Plaice by the police station in LAM, noon till 5pm, huge cod/haddock, chips, mushy peas & bread & butter for 4.95€, wonderful. Going tonight again.

Like 0      
28 May 2010 12:16 PM by Irish_Guy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello, Im from ireland and been to la marina urbanization manys of times, i believe it to be quite peaceful thats part the reason why we go!, for a relaxing 2 weeks, 5 years in a row we have been there, the food is cheap and the drink is verrrry cheap, sports bar to be the best 5 budwieser for 5 euro haha, food is cheap i dont know about winter though prices may increase, but the chinese is nice and restaurant with the hawiian name does nice kebabs just like back home, bar ramons on up the town does a nice steak and chips for a great price, we go during the festival time it is quite good etertainment, the villas in which we stay in are nice with private pools also, spotless each year and free sun terraces cant be bad to that ;), i just love ittttttt

Like 0      
02 Jun 2010 12:19 AM by lpoolpam Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

we hav owned place on la marina for 7yrs now,lv the place ,my daughters lived out there for 6months a yr after we bought and they had a ball.friends of ours came to us on holiday and fell in lv 2 and they bought a property,then another member of thier family bought one .haha its like a knock on event.the people are very friendly and we have had many a good time on the urb.the BAR STOP is our local and margie and annette  and ray make ya most welcome.we intend to move there perm as soon as poss.i cant praise the place enough the family come out every yr and our place has been well used by all of us.plenty of bars and restaurants all in walking distance and plenty to see by car if you dont want to stay on the urb.its not a wild place by any means but lots of fun to be had.shops near by and a communal pool every thing u need all within easy reach.hope this helps x

Like 0      
05 Jun 2010 2:53 PM by Derby duck Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Great to hear hear someone else loves it as well lpoolpam! We brought a property in January on the Urb about 5 minutes walk down from the police station and very happy with it. Going at the end of June for a fortnight and can't wait. Still enjoying exploring the place and looking forward to going in season for a change. I could quite easily live there!

Like 0      
05 Jun 2010 6:20 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

Please more details on that Cod & chip place sounds like a nice "day out" for me.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2010 10:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jonty, I posted Try Our Plaice by the police station in LAM, noon till 5pm, huge cod/haddock, chips, mushy peas & bread & butter for 4.95€, wonderful. What exactly do you need to know more & it's a long way from Cabo Roig!

Like 0      
05 Jun 2010 11:58 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

not when yer on the "pick me up at the airport DAD" run!!

Like 0      
06 Jun 2010 6:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jonty, see here.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish-English interchange - 0 posts
Consumer wins against unfair penalty clause - 0 posts
Gas Cost for AC Unit - 5 posts
BABY PRAM, PUSH CHAIR AND BABY SEAT FOR SALE - 0 posts
Should I pay the bank´s property valuation? - 2 posts
Reduced fees for Mortgage operations - 0 posts
Laptop In Case - 4 posts
Wanted Fridge/Freezer - 2 posts
To Pay or not to pay - 2 posts
Argus Car Hire - 9 posts
visa eletron - 1 posts
spains appeal gone - 45 posts
FS - SOLAR HEATING panel - Vacuum tube type brand new. - 1 posts
Aircraft fleet average age. - 10 posts
Mark Wilman and Nick Hodgert - Villapac - 6 posts
Easyjet Sale up to 25% off offers ends 8th Sept 2009 - 9 posts
Nearest Tax Office for Modelo 030 and 210 - 0 posts
"Tarjeta de Residencia" Question for Maria de Castro - 12 posts
Questions about working in Gibraltar and living in Spain - 0 posts
Gobal Property Solutions - 4 posts
Rueda de Camino de Castilla - 0 posts
villas - 0 posts
Bikini Bash 2009..... - 2 posts
Children in the front seat? - 4 posts
Easyjet pulling out of Luton - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x