Spanish Property Supermarket

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Saw this outfit advertising in Sur in English today. Anyone know anything about them? I'm a bit puzzled - they don't charge sellers OR buyers according to their blurb. And if you're looking to buy, they claim to "pile them high and sell them cheap", but am I missing something? Where are all these cheap properties? They only seem to have one on the website, a studio in Benalmadena (from the photos I can tell you it's actually in Saltillo Alto, between Torremolinos and Arroyo, and for that particular complex, I wouldn't say it's cheap either). Are they just starting up and have yet to add their database to the website, or are they missing the fact that most people nowadays do their initial research for property online?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Aug 2009 7:59 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Never heard of them, and can't see how they make their money.

The studio they have for sale is far from cheap in today's climate!

Jusitn

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Aug 2009 11:32 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Guaranteed rental?  That would put me off for a start.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 4:39 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Have to agree with you bobaol. How can that be true in today's economic crisis?

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 11:14 AM by mnodds Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Roberto

You know I just love negative people like you, you make my day.

By the way my name is Michael & I am part owner of Spanish Property Supermarket, please if you have any concerns on how I make a living call me or visit my office in Benalmadena costa as I would be happy to explain, the telephone number in the Sur in English I think was big and clear enough.

EOS team, As you are obviously a property expert and have many years of experience I presume in this " CURRENT CLIMATE " ( Fantastic !!!, have not heard that phrase for 10 minutes ) could you please e-mail me some of those mega cheap properties that are in fantastic locations that are good investments that owners are willing to loose money on as I would be happy to list them and save my clients even more money.

Bobaol, A guaranteed rental puts you off does it ( thats a great one ), please contact many real estate companies on the costa del sol that charge 10% commission, I am sure you will feel a lot better.

Best regards all and have a great day :-)

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 12:25 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

mnodds, I'm not sure your response will endear you to many people.  Probably not the best way to introduce yourself and your business on a public forum. 

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 2:00 PM by mnodds Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

You can take my reply in a positive way or a negative way, the fact is the public that take it in a negative way are the same public who are so paranoid regarding the recession that they miss the boat regarding picking up a bargain. Don´t get me wrong you should never stretch yourself and buy something that is un-affordable, however Many of my clients are better off in many ways due to the recession and they will be the ones laughing when the property boom hits the costa´s again.

Do you think the Spanish government have invested hundreds of millions on Malaga airport as a gamble? Last year 13 million people used Malaga airport and with the new terminal that number will double in the next few years. What impact in many areas do you think this will have ?

It does not take a property expert to understand that property comes in cycles, with governments leaking through television media in most EU countries now that the recession is coming to an end the future is looking great here. It is very un-fortunate that many people on these forums have lost a lot in overseas property however most of them have been greedy looking at investments in countries promising massive quick capital appreciation, they were the ones taking a gamble and if that gamble fails they try to blame the real estate companies for selling them.

This is not me defending real estate companies because if you read my website I hate greedy real estate companies that overcharge for little service. Spanish Property Supermarket is going to hit the next wave of property buying in the costa del sol and we are going to give honest expert advice and not rip people off.

I am sure positive people that read my comments will agree so I ignore the rest and it does not worry me. On a last note EOS I will appologise for maybe being a little sarcastic.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 2:53 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks.  I wish you the best of luck with your venture.  Things will certainly change it's just a matter of when.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 4:32 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Mnodds,

With regards to your comment:

"It does not take a property expert to understand that property comes in cycles, with governments leaking through television media in most EU countries now that the recession is coming to an end the future is looking great here. It is very un-fortunate that many people on these forums have lost a lot in overseas property however most of them have been greedy looking at investments in countries promising massive quick capital appreciation, they were the ones taking a gamble and if that gamble fails they try to blame the real estate companies for selling them."

THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS PROPERTY COMES IN CICLES AND IT DOESNT TAKE MUCH TO REALISE THAT THIS RECESSION WILL NOT LAST FOREVER, I DO NOT NEED THE GOVERNMENT TO TELL ME THAT, BUT I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING, SPAIN WILL BE ONE OF THE LAST AS THEY ARE COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY UNORGANISED ALL YOU NEED TO LOOK AT IS THE UNEMPLYMENT FIGURES!

WHAT REALLY OFFENDS ME IS YOU STATE MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN GREADY, WELL LET ME TELL YOU THAT GREED CAME FROM SOMEWHERE AND THAT SOMEWHERE WAS ALL THE SALES PEOPLE AND REAL ESTATES ADVISING AND LYING TO CLIENTS ON HOW MUCH THEY CAN MAKE.

SURE IF YOU OFFER ME A 200% RETURN ON MY INVESTMENT IN A YEAR I WOULD HAVE NOT SAID NO! IT WAS WAY TOO GOOD TO MISS OUT ON! THIS IS WHAT HAS CAUSED THE GREED AND THE MESS UP, IF THEY HAD BEEN HONEST IN THE FIRST PLACE AND GIVEN REALISTIC RETURNS THAN HUNDREDS OF FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN AND SO ON WANTING A BETTER LIFE FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES WOULD NOT BE SUFFERING AT THIS TIME!

I do not belive you will get very far with your attitude, clients like to hear you are on their side and not against them and that is exactly how you are comming across.

Nevertheless i wish you all the best and that you never come accorss someone that can convince you to gamble and fail in your projects.

Joan

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 7:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Michael, welcome! What an entrance!!!!

Good to see you have thoroughly researched your market and learnt how to present yourself and your new venture to your prospective clients. Also noted that you have clearly spent time gauging the personalities here on this forum before posting (with something like 35,000+ members, almost all of them with some interest in the Spanish property market, not a bad idea). So, I am a Negative Person. Good. Better that than gullible.

I have no personal interest in how or if you make a living.  What I, and I am quite sure everybody else seeing your ads and website, wonder, is how you can claim to charge neither the buyer or seller? You state that you are the coast's only "property supermarket", so instead of  throwing out accusations of negativity and paranoia, why not take this opportunity to explain to people, who may well be future prospective customers, what exactly you can offer that's new and fresh? What, in fact, is a property supermarket?

Incidentally, most people reading this will not be able to visit your office too easily for clarification or more inforamtion, which is why I questioned the lack of actual properties offered on your website (I see there's no change there yet). I, on the other hand, did pass by your office the other day. Unfortunately, it was closed.

You can offend or ridicule members of the public forum, but to trivialise the comments of such a respected site as EOS is surely rather foolhardy when stepping out in this difficult market? "EOS team, As you are obviously a property expert and have many years of experience I presume in this " CURRENT CLIMATE "  ( Fantastic !!!, have not heard that phrase for 10 minutes ) could you please e-mail me some of those mega cheap properties......"  On your "about us" page you state that you have "unprecendented access to the cheapest products", so why are you not e-mailing them to EOS and asking if they could pass them on to their members? Oh, and on the same page you state "We understand in this current climate that the majority of people shop in the supermarket...." Are you really fed up with hearing that phrase, or were you just annoyed at someone plagiarising your work?

I'm sure all the people who are facing redundancy, repossession, negative equity, crippling exchange rates, plunging returns on savings etc. etc. will be delighted to hear that "the recession is coming to an end (and) the future is looking great here", and in particular that another property boom on the Costas is just around the corner. And the best bit is that your organisation is going to be there for them, with the reassuring words that you are "going to hit the next wave of property buying in the costa del sol and we are going to give honest expert advice and not rip people off." 

Now where have I heard that before?

Good luck. You'll need it.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 7:33 PM by mnodds Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello Joan

Sorry I offended you but from your e-mail address I can see you are still residing in Spain so maybe your dreams came true, like all dreams sometimes our hearts rule our heads and greed can sometimes take over. Like all industries there is good and bad but overall common sense must always prevail, so to believe there would be a 200% investment growth in overseas property is foolish. If this happened to you as a company we can only sympathise but be clear in the knowledge that the Spanish Property Supermarket would never operate in this way and it does not take a genius to realise our properties are in-expensive in the current climate with bank valuations to proove.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 7:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"........does not take a genius to realise our properties are in-expensive in the current climate" Ooops! There it is again!

I am not a genius, but I still can't find a link to view any of these properties. Maybe it's me?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 7:50 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Great post Roberto!

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 8:30 PM by mnodds Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello Roberto

What an entrance indeed, you obviously are a blog expert nearly 2500 posts!! I congratulate you.

Seriously though I would love to answer everyones posts but quite frankly do not have the time so if anyone would like any advice on any property related issues please feel free to e-mail me on michael@spanishpropertysupermarket.net

being honest Roberto i have been in real estate many years and the reason for only putting one development on the website was just a little clever marketing. In the past before I owned this company all products were listed on the website and dont get me wrong we had enquiries but nothing to write home about. You would be surprised how many people have contacted me requesting info on other properties so it worked, I have one foot in the door and have contact with people that ordinarily would have just browsed.

I appreciate everyones comments good or bad, keeps me on my toes.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 11:30 PM by superman Star rating in ireland/mijas golf. 11 posts Send private message

Thanks Justin. Tomak that was disgusting there was no need for that kind of langauge.If you have a point to make go ahead, if not go away.

Paula

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 11:36 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Michael, thanks for explaining your strategy. If it works for you, great, although I'm surprised. Your ad clearly caught my attention, but the website failed to keep my interest (so it follows that there'll be no decison or action....AIDA and all that, but you no doubt know all that theoretical stuff - I'm not a huge proponent of it nor an expert by any stretch!) Anyway, best of luck with your venture, and no hard feelings.

Interesting how this rather insignificant thread has attracted two new posters, one of whom has already been edited out! I never expected it to get so tetchy. I only started it because, in this current climate (!!!), any new property company starting up is surely of interest to a forum primarily interested in property?

Pool Man, I don't know if you are referring to me or not, but unlike you I do not dislike anyone based purely on their chosen occupation. Rather, I judge people on their character and personality. I don't wish to get drawn into some childish sort of "he said then she said" argument; suffice to say, as other regular contributors will attest to, I will always give as good as I get.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Sep 2009 11:36 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Sorry, double post.(Just trying to reach 2500 posts really )

This message was last edited by Roberto on 10/09/2009.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 10:20 AM by mnodds Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello Roberto

Thanks for your input, I  will continue with not putting all products on the website because it has worked however after after your last comment stating the website failed to keep your interest I have decided to amend the website and put maybe 6 or 12 more property deals on there in the coming weeks ( The customer is always right I surpose ).

Best Regards

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 10:53 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Wow, I can feel the Karma already !  

Well done Roberto... and to Michael for climbing/calming down a bit.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2009 10:55 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Grr! Sorry double post! I keep getting the Error page up when making a post!

This message was last edited by Tish on 11/09/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tabernas Gabo de Gato in almeria - 2 posts
Doctor care - 0 posts
Does Solbank have a branch in London UK? - 2 posts
Jet2.com News - 3 posts
Cajamar bank - free banking - 0 posts
Hello all - 65 posts
newbie NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! - 4 posts
advice - 0 posts
Has anyone heard of the Complex Altos del Golf - 2 posts
Cheap home contents insurance - 0 posts
Endesa English Speaking Staff - 3 posts
Administrator Reports - 0 posts
I know why none of us are receving electric bills from Sevillana!!!!!!! - 1 posts
Has anyone got any ideas for fundraising? - 2 posts
If cannot pay Inheritance Tax? - 11 posts
Telephone Line Rental - 7 posts
SUPER-INCOMPETENT TELEFONICA - 5 posts
to overpay or to not overpay, that is a question - 9 posts
JANE & ANDREW GODDEN - 0 posts
Help for British Disabled in Spain. - 0 posts
Honest answers - 0 posts
Pool Size - 5 posts
For Sale - Seat Inca 1.9Sdi Van - 0 posts
enquiry - 6 posts
Concerned about my Privacy on EOS site. - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x