newbie NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by mrvanman Star rating in Jacarilla. 8 posts Send private message

Hi there everyone i,am new here I bought a property in a spanish village called Jacarilla which is between san miguel and Orihuela a few years ago before the recession kicked in I have usually used an agent to rent this property out but I have had some bad experiences and recently with the recession everything has just gone belly up i've got major problems with my current agent she has allowed the electricity to be disconnected and also the water she has not found any tenants in 9 months I have had to struggle like mad to pay the mortgage plus my uk mortgage.

I'am here to indroduce myself and to ask for as much advice as possible as I dont know the spanish language but am starting a beginers course next year I am completely green as to the spanish system what I need is some sort of advice center I could go to with my many problems (well theres not that many) if anyone could give me some contacts I would be very much greatful

Mark

Like 0      
28 Aug 2009 8:23 AM by denisandflo Star rating in Moraira. 33 posts Send private message

denisandflo´s avatar

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear of your problems and as newbie's ourselves we are perhaps not in the best position to give advice regarding your property in Spain.

Having said that we did live in Thailand for a number of years where we were in the construction and real estate business on the island of Koh Samui and in Nongprue on the mainland.

I would hazard a guess and say that you are on the books of only one estate/rental agent and therefore her main focus will be selling.

Our advice, for what its worth, would be to market your property through a dedicated rental agency, also on as many sites such as eyeonSpain, and get lots of photographs ready to send or link to prospective clients. Also have a detailed description of the property available when clients ask for further information. This is when you will rent the property! 

Clients want to SEE the property (Photo's) and HEAR about the property (Description).

Regards and Good Luck

Denis and Flo

Like 0      
28 Aug 2009 10:10 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Why not advertise it on Eye On Spain.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
28 Aug 2009 11:03 AM by SEAK Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

SEAK´s avatar

I have heard of many a nightmare with electric and water companies over here you only need to miss one payment apparently, Do you have the names of the utility companies? Have you tried to call them and say you are English most companies here now have some English speaking people on board. I am in the process of setting up a rental agency as I am amazed back the lack of competence and lack of experience that agents have here, they don't even have to have been an estate agent before?! (Which just to point out I was or you might think I am one of the same!) I think some of the agents just jumped on the band wagon when the boom was on. We are currently renting at the moment and I have been shocked by the agents after care, they just want you in and that’s it! I think unfortunatley you are probably to far away for me to take your property on but I would suggest you get the bills sorted out and get the power and water back on with regular direct debits set up (which can be difficult) as here they estimate one month and then read the meter the next which can cause it to be high one month and then not the next. Then speak to a few agents and get the property on with a few agents, the trouble with advertising it on websites is that who would do your key handover and then check and clean after they have left? Unless you have a trustworthy neighbour which is what a few do where I live. Anyway hope some of that makes sense, sorry for waffleing.....................

Like 0      
28 Aug 2009 12:24 PM by Comanche Star rating in Islas Canarias. 13 posts Send private message

Mr vanman

If you look at the home page of eye on Spain there are a firm of lawyers advertising

Costaluz Lawyers

Contact them they are excellent

Best of luck

C

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

advice - 0 posts
Has anyone heard of the Complex Altos del Golf - 2 posts
Cheap home contents insurance - 0 posts
Endesa English Speaking Staff - 3 posts
Administrator Reports - 0 posts
I know why none of us are receving electric bills from Sevillana!!!!!!! - 1 posts
Has anyone got any ideas for fundraising? - 2 posts
If cannot pay Inheritance Tax? - 11 posts
Telephone Line Rental - 7 posts
SUPER-INCOMPETENT TELEFONICA - 5 posts
to overpay or to not overpay, that is a question - 9 posts
JANE & ANDREW GODDEN - 0 posts
Help for British Disabled in Spain. - 0 posts
Honest answers - 0 posts
Pool Size - 5 posts
For Sale - Seat Inca 1.9Sdi Van - 0 posts
enquiry - 6 posts
Concerned about my Privacy on EOS site. - 22 posts
Barclays Opportunity Account - 27 posts
Adopt kitten - 0 posts
L.F.O. and errant Architect - 4 posts
We got a second opinion from another Vet in Benijofar. - 7 posts
Suzuki LTZ 400 Quad Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Briish Television... - 4 posts
If your a dog or cat lover please read this..... - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x