Apostille and Embassy Legalization on Buying Property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by jamesaliern Star rating in all over. 13 posts Send private message

Well I recently purchased a house in Mexico. I also have a few houses in the states. I'm planning to buy a house in Europe as well. Yes, investing my money while I still can and while it's cheap. Is it a difficult process in Europe, perhaps in Spain? For Mexico, I had to get an apostille on some of my documents. I didn't know how, so I google searched apostille, Apostille Pros came up.      http://www.apostillepros.com

They were very nice and helped me out with the Apostille process. Very helpful! Do you have to get an apostille to buy a house in Spain? At any rate, I'm just use Apostille Pros if I have to. Where is the best spot to buy in Spain. I like the beach and to be around tourist.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 4:15 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear James:

You would need to use the Apostille to buy in Spain if for the conveyancing process you are using any foreign documents that needs to be used in Spain. For instance, if you are granting POA to your solicitor, and you are doing so before an American Notary.

You can find more info on Hague Apostille here:

http://www.costaluzlawyers.es/index.php?page=the-hague-apostille&hl=en_GB

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
12 Aug 2009 6:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Not 100% sure where you are, but we found it easier to do the Hague Apostille using a local notary. You go the your local notary with your identification documents, passport, birth certificate, etc. The notary will then complete a form, take a copy of your id, you will all sign it and the notary will use his seal. In the UK, this is then sent off to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for processing. About 5- 10 days later you have the necessary documents.

Mark

Like 0      
21 Jun 2015 5:16 PM by franckwoodman Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Look, I have an issue like that before and I was able to hiring a private agency called US Apostille they were very helpful and professional.

Like 0      
21 Jun 2015 5:28 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info, been waiting a long time for your answer.......

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

More flights to Spain for those of us Oop North!! - 3 posts
Power of atturney - 1 posts
Villa in Benalmadena/La Carihuela - 4 posts
Moving to spain in 9 months - 12 posts
SELLING AND CHANGING OWNERSHIP OF SPANISH CAR - 2 posts
Moving to Madrid..but don't have a clue! - 1 posts
Help! The grout in my pool is going black! - 4 posts
Buying a spanish reg car before moving to spain - 15 posts
Building Insurance wiht Mapfre - 7 posts
Parking at Marbella Bus Station - 4 posts
Blogs - 4 posts
german shepherd type dog looking for home in Cadiz - 0 posts
Building Work in Spain - 5 posts
Need health insurance for 6 months in spain - 4 posts
Get a delivery date from removal company! - 2 posts
Dangerous dog act in Spain? - 20 posts
Cancel Telefonica Landline - 1 posts
A different flyng question - 6 posts
5 day car hire from Murcia Airport - 2 posts
Sunshine - 2 posts
Looking for good CDS agents - 22 posts
Transfer of contract - 1 posts
Jeep Cheroke for sale 2004 Plate - 0 posts
18 and moving to Spain! - 10 posts
Dogs on the beach (the four legged variety) - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x