Inflatable Spa Jacuzzi Hot Tub

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2009 4:00 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

it cannot be argued that the similar kiddies pool is good fun and grand value, it certainly beats my previous attempts with a ring of bricks some polythene sheet and lots of kettles of hot water, many years ago, but much enjoyed by the kids for a few days a year.

coincidentally had we had one last night we too could have enjoyed it outside, but not until the stars came out, the weather was not that good.

we have had a long drought with much sun but with strong easterlies, then a short break with a little rain (not half enough) and now we are back to sun again with lighter winds from warmer climes, in fact we are threatened with an Indian summer so perhaps we should take the plunge.

incidentally these things are entirely portable and can be packed away easily.

enjoy and thanks for the posts.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 8:40 PM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

I have had one for a year now in Manilva.

Just make sure you remove and clean the filter and inside of the filter chamber or else the restricted flow stops the heater working. We rotate 3 filters and clean every day by cleaning with the shower or a hose. There is a small tube with a hole at the top that measures the flow I think., keep this clear or no heat.

Sun cleam not washed off is the biggest cause of cloudyness and filter clog. Keep the ph at about 7.4 and use chlorine or bromine treatment as you would do for a pool.

Unit switches off after 24 hours when no button is pressed and comes up with END.

The heater/pump/filter unit is available for about £140 I think as a replacement unit.

Jeff

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 4:36 PM by Ted H Star rating in Purley and jardin 13.... 458 posts Send private message

Thanks Jeff, certainly one to consider as there is no heating in our pools, so maybe a winter alternative

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 8:04 PM by cynthiajenkins Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Does anyone have an inflatable hot tub on a roof terrace? Is there a problem with the weight?

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 6:35 PM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

Mine is on the terrace, it weighs 45kg plus the water which is 900 litres so another 900kg. That is 12 or so people, ask 20 people to stand together on your terrace and if no cracks appear you will be fine!!!

A normal concrete terrace should be fine.

Jeff

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 11:21 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

is this the same chap who said "don't worry about subsidence cracks in your Spanish property, just forget them and enjoy it"???????

perhaps that is how the infamous occupation certificate is decided??????????

Good luck

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 11:54 AM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

You are at it again misinterpretation of language.

Don't get confused between subsidense and settlement.

I spoke about settlement cracks.

One is above the ground the other is below.

Jeff

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 12:45 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Back on topic!

We have our inflatable spa on our roof terrace and its fine.

During the off-plan stage of where we live, some properties where kitted out with the fixed type, but as we brought new after completion, we didn't have that option.

Hence why we purchased an inflatable spa instead of the fixed type... as it would have cost an arm and a leg to get a fixed one onto the roof!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 6:28 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

I can't afford a hot tub of any kind but a tin of baked beans an hour before a hot bath work just as well and is a lot cheaper!

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 10:30 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Not for the person that's in the tub with you it ain't!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 12:05 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

"Mine is on the terrace, it weighs 45kg plus the water which is 900 litres so another 900kg. That is 12 or so people, ask 20 people to stand together on your terrace and if no cracks appear you will be fine!!!"

"You are at it again misinterpretation of language.

Don't get confused between subsidense and settlement.

I spoke about settlement cracks.

One is above the ground the other is below."

It is a great pity when  a keen and useful poster cannot contain himself in his desire to post his picture and overreaches himself into technical matters he doesn't understand, be careful in taking this advice.

Using live weight for empirical testing is not to be recommended unless you can round up sufficient La Canada gypsies.

Good luck again.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 1:40 PM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

For those of you that are concerned about the weight on the terrace here is the maths for an inflatable Lazy Spa, the terrace will most likely be a reinforced concrete plinth on reinforced vertical columns very similar to a multistory carpark construction.

You should seek advice if you intend to install a large solid hot tub, the company you buy from will usually do a site survey to check the suitability of the location from a weight, power and drainage perspective.

Assumptions:- weight of inflatable with water is 1000 kg, diameter of inflattable is 2 metres.

So the force per unit area is weight / area and the area is A = Pi times r times r this equals (r is the radius)

1000kg/ 3.14 x 1 x 1 = 1000000 grams / 3140 sq cm. this equals 319 grams per square centimetre. 

Compare this to a 14 stone man with normal feet would exert a force of approx. 300 grams per square cm.

As far as my technical abilities go I have a number of qualifications including a degree in Pure Physics/Maths including building science and was a professional engineer for over 14 years.

This message was last edited by manilvajl on 27/09/2009.

Jeff

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 1:56 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

I am afraid Jeff has now confirmed that a little knowledge is dangerous and that structural engineering, including building design is not his field.

he has chosen to highlight his inadequacies previously posted in the field of civil engineering, once again a little knowledge is dangerous even when shared freely.

be careful

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 4:17 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Sorry to have to say this Justin, as this site was a wonderful idea and a great source of help, compassion and in my case, a source of some good friends. 

I've mostly given up posting now.  I look most days but all I see more and more frequently are people supposed to be helping others who are personally vindictive.  Here, once again,  we have the constant nit-pick of someone who has taken over other threads - with a seemingly constant need to be confrontational and derisive of others.  Apart from being so unecessary, it is tedious and boring to follow a thread then find it slams up against a brick wall or goes round and round for days - weeks even, for nothing.  This site also used to be fun, but it seems those posters have also disappeared.  Very sad.  For us - and for you.

Jane

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 11:41 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

the "Indian Summer" is with us but being on the East coast, when the sun goes down the heating clicks on, there would be no use here under the stars without building cover, I envy you.

Have fun.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
05 Oct 2009 10:57 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

well the sun soon clouded over and the wind strengthened, the temperature dropped and the thermostat clicked on, vests are out of the linen drawer and back on, fun in a tub is now an indoor dream.

even the drought is threatening to break gradually.

are you still cavorting out there??????

are you all spending my winter fuel supplement on that fizzy drink to keep you cool???????????

Have fun

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
20 Apr 2011 9:32 AM by simplyhottubs Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - SPAM **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 20/04/2011.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2011 10:23 AM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

I keep a third hot tub in the garage--very very useful for degreasing old engine parts. I can relax in the tub with a crankshaft on my lap and a piston in each hand while the hot water and suds swirl about and change the water to a lovely murky colour-mmMMM!!

Get outta here

Like 0      
23 Jan 2013 4:41 PM by davebloomy Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi

This is quite an opld post i know but had to mention the Canadian Mspa. Inflatable hot tub but much better quality and much more reliable than the Lazyspa. ** EDITED -Advertising- Against forum rules **

Slightly more expensive than the original lazyspa but 1000s of Euros cheaper than a fix tub and 100 times better quality

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 23/01/2013.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2013 4:41 PM by davebloomy Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by jaldridge on 23/01/2013.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 23/01/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

in search of a suitable pueblo - 11 posts
Cap and Collar Limits on Mortgages? - 5 posts
Driving a Spanish registered/insured car belonging to a friend - 5 posts
Why is fruit so bad in Spain - 22 posts
Monarch Airlines criticised by CIT Marbella - 0 posts
Replies (WHAT IS THIS ?) - 7 posts
Article re BGs - 2 posts
Article from lawyer about litigating BGs - 6 posts
"the truth at last " - 0 posts
Horizontal law and cost of lifts! - 25 posts
Toyota Yaris for sale - 4 posts
Petition stand up and be counted - 1 posts
AIFOS AND LAWSUITS - 4 posts
New photos of road from Coto Real to Duquesa Port - 0 posts
WRONG TELEPHONE NUMBER - 2 posts
Transporting my 2 dogs and cat from Spain via France - 3 posts
Looking for Pregnant Models!! - 8 posts
Good Bank for Online Store - 1 posts
Repossession or Dacion en Pago? - 2 posts
rental changeover and laundry costs - 0 posts
gerry n - 1 posts
Can you apply for an NIE number at any police station - 2 posts
Group Action - 1 posts
META stuff? - 0 posts
Rental income stolen - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 46

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x