any up to date photos ??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I have been toying with the idea of trying out Disneyland Paris for a week or so.

I wondered if any of the members have been and have any recomendations.

Do i stay outside the resort and combine the trip with a hotel in Paris?

Do i stay in the park and is it similar to Florida, i.e, is there as much to do?

Do i stay in a hotel that is near the park and if so is it close enough to the city for sightseeing etc...?

Please bare in mind i have a 6 year old that would live in Disney if she could and a wife that wants to marvel at the sights of Gay Paris.

Any advice would be gratefully received as i am going blind googling the options.

Thanks in Advance

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 2:13 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

"I have been toying with the idea of trying out Disneyland Paris for a week or so."

What's wrong with Bovington Tank Museum Georgia, a great weeks entertainment for a young family

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 2:57 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Gillespie,

As you know my daughter,Do you think putting her in an enviroment with equipment that projects large explosives is advisable!!..............i am not sure where Bovington is but it sounds cold and Dark and with a high risk of swine flu for added pleasure........

the more i google the more confused i become.........would be good to get some ideas....

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 3:08 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Well the last report I read about Disneyland Paris was that it was rapidly becoming a rusting hulk, due to the weather and damp climate.

The report said it was best visited at night and advised any would-be visitor to have a tetanus booster in case you catch yourself on a rust bolt.

Perhaps a fortnights pig wrestling in Mexico would be safer

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 3:34 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Blimey......you forgot to take your happy pill today??

I will tell her the holidays off because uncle grizzly guts says it's rubbish.....and by the way he needs to have a chat with you about Santa and the Easter Bunny.

I hear they are adding an underwater extension to the Paris Theme park.......they are going to call it England!!

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 3:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Come down this end where they are building Disney - you can watch and wait, and wait and wait and...........zzzzzzzzz!

Terra Mitica up your end, Or theres one in Sevilla thats fab, plenty of water and quiet in summertime, plus all the sights of Seville.

Or indoor skiiing in Madrid, thats really cool, and not just in the temperature way with a theme park not far away. Why go to France? Its full of French!!! 

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 3:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

I was determined to get out of Spain this year for a little hol.

Every year we intend to go somewhere and then you go to the beach and the pool and the fiestas and you think........nope, dont need a holiday.

Ummmm, could be right about the French.......was hoping that there wouldn't be too many there.....

My 6 year old only thinks that there are 3 countries in the world...Egypt (we went 5 years ago) where the funny animals spit at you....Spain where she has always lived...and the UK and we do that one as a punishment

Wanted a change............probably just be the beach again then.........

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 4:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

At the rate your Georgia picks up languages she could well be fluent in French in a week too. Magnifique !

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 4:05 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

We went to Disneyland about 3 years ago.  We stayed at the cheapest hotel (I forget the name but it had a Mexican theme).  We flew from England via flybe to Paris and then got a shuttle bus to the hotel.

The hotel was fine (bed & breakfast) I don't think you need to pay for a more expensive hotel.  My daughters were 5 and 6 at the time and they both loved every minute of it.  They were enthralled by the characters they met and the rides they went on were magical.  Personally I found it boring particulary as you often had to queue for an hour for a ride or to meet a character.  To start with you looked at a queue and it seamed quite short - but they moved so slowly you were still there an hour later.  The second best part to me was the Tarzan show as the acrobatics there was amazing - the best part was the looks on my childrens faces when they met the characters and when they went on the magical rides.

I think the best time to go to disneyland is before your children are 8 - after that they may enjoy it put it won't be quite the same.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 4:05 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Or england!!! Change of weather will help you appreciate the 34 degrees here!!!!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 4:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Minnie's heard you're coming, don't disappoint her & Mickey.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 5:12 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We went a few years ago in December when it was all set up for Christmas. They had artificial snow for the electric parade at night but didn't need it!! Fireworks every night at close of business.

We stayed in a hotel in Paris, it was an organised trip. My wife thought the hotel had a cheek charging by the night, she thought it was one tha usually charged by the hour!! My sister has stayed on resort with her kids and said it was fine.

Remember, the characters are French too. Chip 'n' dale are tic and tac. Gepetto os something else and it isn't Beauty's castle it is the Belle chateau or something.

Been to Florida and France and to be honest, I preferred France. I think the magic of Disney happens on your first visit, so whichever you go to afterwards is going to be a let down.

Mark

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 5:46 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Thanks Guys,

That really does help, i have have been to the Florida one and people have told me Paris will be a let down after that, so it is good to hear some positives.

Does anyone know how far it is from Central Paris,for example if we stayed in the centre is there transport to the park, it will make the difference to me taking the car or flying from Alicante.

Thanks again

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 6:05 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

When I have looked before, there are two types of hotels recommended. You have the ones onsite which give you the "full experience", but there are also others off site. These are usually within easy access or on a bus route. Unfortunately, the Disney page isn't playing for me today, it is returning an error .

Mark

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 6:10 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I don't know if the Paris Disneyland is the same as the California's. If you want to avoid the queue for any ride, you always get a fast pass & you arrive 10 mins before the ride & this way we get to go on more rides as the max time you need to queue is 10 mins .

As for hotel, there's no need to get a good one as you always get out as early as possible & return to the hotel as late as possible. As long as you have a private bathroom & air cond, & the hotel is close to the park with free bus shuttle, you''ll be OK.

Enjoy your holidays Georgia.

This message was last edited by Forhotspot on 21/07/2009.

This message was last edited by Forhotspot on 21/07/2009.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 6:23 PM by minerva_uk Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I have been there twice. Both times I loved it. So much things to see!! Your children would love it!! It has so many different things that one full day won't be enough if you try the rides!

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 10:58 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Thanks for all the info........

I am going to try the Disney site agagin today as it was playing up yesterday.

The best thing about living in Spain is, when you are looking to book a holiday, you don'y worry too much about whether it will be hot...it would be good to escape the heat for a bit........watching the Spanish news,they are saying we could get the hottest August for years.....some are saying in the 50's....................

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ARE YOU LIABLE FOR FINES OWED ON A CAR YOU PURCHASE IN SPAIN? - 14 posts
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A LAWYER? - 1 posts
Looking to rent a 3 bed flat in Gibraltar - 0 posts
Licence of first occupation - 3 posts
Furniture - 0 posts
ESTELLENCS - 1 posts
Hi - 3 posts
Cost of tolls through France. - 1 posts
Rough justice yet again! - 1050 posts
CAR HIRE FOR 7TH -14TH AUGUST FROM GIB - 1 posts
awnings - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago Urgent Query! - 5 posts
Free Prescriptions? - 7 posts
in memory of henry surtees - 1 posts
LOOKING FOR WINTER LET IN ALMORADI - 5 posts
Reform - resources - 6 posts
Spanish Architect - 2 posts
Thats it we will be off......... - 25 posts
Rental - 0 posts
Helping British Expats in Spain - 0 posts
Justin - 3 posts
Holidays in Spain ... Yeah!!! - 1 posts
uk shopping in spain - furniture and electrials - 0 posts
Disappearing 'Flog it' - 9 posts
Re Speeding fine - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x