Hi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by jisaphil Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi there! We’re looking at retiring to Spain and found this website, thought it would be a great place to get some advice on a couple of issues. Jim and Sarah Phillips

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 1:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jim & Sarah. I see you've been posting a lot today, always good to hear from new members. You said in one post I read that you are thinking of moving to Estellencs though I needed to Google to find where that was, it's in Majorca. Perhaps when you talk of it you add Majorca so we know where you're discussing. I've been to Majorca a few times though not for many years & it was beautiful.

The site's chokka with info, mainly about mainland Spain really, but you'll find it invaluable.

Enjoy your time with us. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 21/07/2009.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 2:43 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Hi Jim & Sarah

Have you decided on the location yet?

After many years holidaying in Spain from Tossa de Mar  Costa Brava in 1966 [ watched the World Cup final] ! to Costa del Sol , we eventually decided on Almeria between Aguilas and Mojacar and then picked a small hamlet outside Huercal Overa 

Main reason was that we like the area asit is a lot quieter than some of the others and this makes it more relaxing For most of the year even the roads are quite quiet !

Nice scenary and some good beaches but also it meant that we could get a decent size villa for the price you pay for  3 bed apartment in some locations

Not isolated but still in a Spanish environment

it is all a personal choice and of course just now is a good time to buy with lost of good deals on well located properties

Majorca is very nice and is probaly the best of the islands but again more expensive in general than the mainland ...but even in Majorca now  prices are well down so you should get a good deal...eg I know someone who was asking 750.000 € for a 3 bed luxury apartment there 12 months ago, then reduced it to 650.000 € and best offer has been 450.000 €!...a touch overpriced to start with but owner has to sell ......and does get some benefit from the exchange rate drop

Lots of similar examples everywhere!

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 3:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Brian. I did a search of Jim & Sarah's post (as I just said) & they say they're thinking of moving to Estellencs, Majorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cost of tolls through France. - 1 posts
Rough justice yet again! - 1050 posts
CAR HIRE FOR 7TH -14TH AUGUST FROM GIB - 1 posts
awnings - 1 posts
Dacion en Pago Urgent Query! - 5 posts
Free Prescriptions? - 7 posts
in memory of henry surtees - 1 posts
LOOKING FOR WINTER LET IN ALMORADI - 5 posts
Reform - resources - 6 posts
Spanish Architect - 2 posts
Thats it we will be off......... - 25 posts
Rental - 0 posts
Helping British Expats in Spain - 0 posts
Justin - 3 posts
Holidays in Spain ... Yeah!!! - 1 posts
uk shopping in spain - furniture and electrials - 0 posts
Disappearing 'Flog it' - 9 posts
Re Speeding fine - 32 posts
puerto banus - 2 posts
driving the south coast of spain from barcelona to algarve - 1 posts
Judgement won what should I do next - 3 posts
BEWARE OF ROBBERS - 2 posts
Long term parking - 2 posts
Are there REALLY bargain properties on the Costa Del Sol??? - 0 posts
Finestrat Charity Variety Show - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x