Re Speeding fine

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jul 2009 12:52 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Maria.

Well done. I like the ' if they can' 

This message was last edited by myra cecilia on 21/07/2009.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
21 Jul 2009 2:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

So, Maria, maybe we should all print the form off & carry it with us then ? Maybe THAT'S why locals hoot at us when we do 38km/hr in a 40km/hr zone as they refuse to cough up a fine if they are aware they can't be fined until they go over 50 !

It's ok for you to suggest 'do not sign the fine, once it is notified to your home address ( if they can), you could then oppose it accordingly' but I'd prefer to hand them a piece of paper with ' I am a lawyer, don't even THINK of attempting to fine me  or you will live to regret it !!'  

Trying to oppose a fine will cause people untold upset, we see it everywhere on forums.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 5:05 PM by Tad Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have also just received a speeding fine and on the dgt website, but do not know what is the correct document number. Passport Number? National Insurance Number?

This is very frustrating.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tad.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2009 11:24 PM by Ted H Star rating in Purley and jardin 13.... 458 posts Send private message

Hi Tad,

Do you have an NIE? - if so that number (without the leading X) is the document number.  If no NIE then not sure that you can pay on line.

The fine letter has the "record number" on - ignore the commas, dashes, full stops etc.

Good luck, Ted

Like 0      
23 Jul 2009 9:04 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, More. It is certainly a great idea to print it and have it with you. Regarding claims againsg fines... well, it is a metter of the correct technique, no big deal really.

Myra, Thanks for your kind words. I am sure you are already helping lots of people under these nightmares. Keep the good work up.

My keyboard is having fun with me today.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Oct 2009 9:48 PM by solfer Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Another UK resident here trying to find out exactly how I'm supposed to pay this speeding fine? If the website can't process non Spain residents, and the letter does its best to disguise any other method of payment, how the bloody hell am I expected to pay!??

I'm happy to pay given the fact I obviously was speeding, but I've spent 2 weeks trying to do just that and got nowhere!

Are there any UK residents who've managed to do this? Would like to hear from you if so!

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 11:31 AM by minerva_uk Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

It has been 3 months since I have been trying to pay. I have contacted them stating that I am in UK, they told me they are going to send me an English version of the letter with their international Banking Account number so I will be able to transfer the money. After speaking with them I waited a month no letters nothing, then I contacted them again 6 weeks ago that I haven't received the letter, they apologised and said they are going to resend the letter. Still I am waiting for the letter!

I rang them yesterday for the 3rd time to tell them I haven't received the 2nd letter yet, but nobody picked up the phone. I hope I don't need to pay extra for this "delay"!

I am getting a bit annoyed now.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 12:16 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi

We had the same problem 18 months ago,even spoke to the British Embassy,and they couldnt help,in the end a friend who lives in Spain,paid it for us at Santander Bank,we emailed the fine and transfered the money.

The Embassy did say,as we had a property over there,we should pay,or risk the police waiting at the airport one day.

Ms51

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 7:04 PM by solfer Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for the updates both of you.

I emailed a website called helpcentrespain last night and received a reply this morning. They're British but based in Spain, and they offered to pay the fine on my behalf if I scan the document over to them and send them the payment upfront. But... they charge a fee of 30 Euros, so bang goes my 30% discount for paying within the month...

I've also emailed Federico Fernandez (DGT Deputy Directo) as this was the only email address I could dig up on Google, to convey my annoyance about how I'm expected to pay when I'm given so little (i.e none) information about how to do so!

Not expecting any reply though!!

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 9:52 PM by tiffin Star rating in Quesada. 1 posts Send private message

Hi - we have a property in Spain but are non resident. If I were unlucky enough to get a fine I would send the details to my solicitor/gestor and ask them to pay it for me. I wonder if this method would work? Worth a try maybe?

T.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2009 10:38 PM by solfer Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi tiffin,

no good for me i'm afraid - I was only there on my hols for 2 weeks, & don't have any Spanish contacts I can call on..

Like 0      
08 Oct 2009 11:59 AM by minerva_uk Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this- according to the letter I have received from Director General de Traffico (DGT) their contact number is - 902 508 686, even I spoke to them in this number. But last few days there is no response in this number, not even a ringing sound.

Could you please confirm this is the right number to speak to someone regarding the fine?

Thanks

PS: I didn't find any contact address in  dgt website

Like 0      
08 Oct 2009 12:21 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi

Unless you speak Spanish dont bother with the telephone,we tried and they dont speak any English.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

puerto banus - 2 posts
driving the south coast of spain from barcelona to algarve - 1 posts
Judgement won what should I do next - 3 posts
BEWARE OF ROBBERS - 2 posts
Long term parking - 2 posts
Are there REALLY bargain properties on the Costa Del Sol??? - 0 posts
Finestrat Charity Variety Show - 0 posts
plus advisors - 3 posts
Having a great time in Spain - 2 posts
Parking charges at Reus - 2 posts
To All Finca Parc Investors in Danger of Losing Deposits - 4 posts
New Law in evicting tenants in Spain! - 5 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
want to send stuff back to uk? - 1 posts
San Jose /Herrada del Tollo - 4 posts
barking dog - 4 posts
WATCHDOG, WOULD ANY ELSE LIKE TO APPEAR ON WATCHDOG FOR VILLAPAC - 0 posts
Lack of hire cars - 2 posts
Much needed information and not misinformation - 13 posts
Buy a share in a property??? - 0 posts
DJ MIXER NEEDED - 2 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS - 0 posts
Personal Loan - 2 posts
changeover cleaning costs on renting propery - 1 posts
Satellite dish for sale - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x