Sky TV Change Viewing Cards

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jan 2010 4:07 PM by neilspencer Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi there, i recently bought a second hand white freesat card off ebay but can not recieve channel 5... i have rung sky and they have said the card has been cancelled.... i thought when buyin this card that no matter what i would be able to recieve channel 5 is there any way round this so that i can view it???? thanx amanda

Like 0      
12 Jan 2010 12:33 AM by fortunasat Star rating in Murcia. 14 posts Send private message

fortunasat´s avatar

if you can get bbc2 in the evening you can also add channel5 freeview to your sky box

Like 0      
13 Jan 2010 9:03 PM by fortunasat Star rating in Murcia. 14 posts Send private message

fortunasat´s avatar

If you have the older firmware, you may be used to the Digibox messing up channel updates so that programme information appears to go 'missing' as well as entire channels (including those you were just watching) becoming 'unavailable' when you try to select them, and also the box getting stuck 'Searching for listings' when you try to view the EPG.
All of these problems appear to have been cured in the newer firmware! Yay!
If you are not certain that your signal is good enough, just hook up your box and watch TV. You may discover at some stage the box will reset itself (typically in the middle of something you're watching! A quick flick to the system status and you'll see the new firmware has been installed 'in the background'.

I 'won' a pace box a while back on that favourite auction site and had similar problems to you. I just left the box connected and eventually it updated. From memory, I left it on Sky News overnight and that did the trick. __________________

Good luck Ian

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Marks and Spencers - 7 posts
Cheap car hire from Malaga Airport - 0 posts
speeding fine - 0 posts
Non residents vendors can reclaim for overpayment of taxes - 1 posts
car windows tinted in Murcia region - 2 posts
taxi fares from san javier airport to san pedro del pinitar - 4 posts
dodgy rental company - 0 posts
Anybody know any swimming pool cover companies in Murcia Region? - 4 posts
Anyone know how much taci San Javier to Cabo Roig may be? - 5 posts
Sevillana Endesa - 7 posts
Speeding fine on A-7 towards Alicante - 41 posts
Trampolin Hills - 1 posts
Hello Eye on Spain - 3 posts
Looking for a good Administrator - 13 posts
Know any good Administrators? - 26 posts
INDUSTRIAL UNITS - WAREHOUSES TO LET - 0 posts
Property Agent - 2 posts
If currently you're experiencing problems sourcing a hire car in the Torrevieja area of the CB ..... - 0 posts
Marbella : fractional ownership - 1 posts
Blood Donation in Spain - 4 posts
location of estate agents - 5 posts
PLEASE can someone help Dama, a beautiful Beagle - 0 posts
Colin, please show us how you put your pics on. (You said if I asked in here, you would !) - 4 posts
HOLIDAY LETS - 1 posts
Calais to the Mar Menor - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x