Has anyone successfully bought a heavily discounted property on the formerly Arenal Duquesa site?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by lilyjones Star rating in South East London/Du.... 14 posts Send private message

lilyjones´s avatar

Hi Members,

I was sent this email and the selling agent tells me that this price is for any floor any block. 

"BRAND NEW 2-BED APARTMENTS ON THE COSTA DEL SOL AT A HUGELY DISCOUNTED PRICE AND WITH FINANCE IN PLACE TOO!

APARTMENTS WERE ORIGINALLY PRICED AT €240,000 UPWARDS, BUT  WHEN THE DEVELOPER EXPERIENCED SOME PROBLEMS, THE FINANCING BANK TOOK THEM ON. NOW WE HAVE A NUMBER OF THESE SUPERB APARTMENTS FOR SALE AT THE STAGGERING BARGAIN PRICE OF ONLY . . .

€170,000!

ALL APARTMENTS HAVE A BANK SUBROGATION MORTGAGE ATTACHED, ALL YOU HAVE TO PAY ARE THE COSTS APPROXIMATELY 10%

Plus small 5% finders fee to the lawyer.

THE RESERVATION DEPOSIT IS €3,500! - AND COMPLETELY REFUNDABLE"

This is the example he sent me

The sale price is 170k euros
You pay 10% closing costs 17,000 euros
5% finders fee to solicitors 8,500 euros
Total cash outlay 25,500 euros or roughly 22,000 sterling
You take on the existing mortgage which would run at about 425 euros/month

I already have 1 apartment (still waiting on the road) in phase 1 (top floor) bought November 2003 - I would be interested in any feedback/thoughts. At the time of talking to the agent there was 18 apartments to begin with. There was 9 left including 1 ground floor in block 4 with a large garden area.

Lily

This message was last edited by lilyjones on 10/07/2009.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 10:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

My eyesight's perfect close up Lily but blimey, what a strain to read most of this !

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 11:08 PM by lilyjones Star rating in South East London/Du.... 14 posts Send private message

lilyjones´s avatar

Sorry about the font, here it is again....

Hi Members,

I was sent this email and the selling agent tells me that this price is for any floor any block. 

"BRAND NEW 2-BED APARTMENTS ON THE COSTA DEL SOL AT A HUGELY DISCOUNTED PRICE AND WITH FINANCE IN PLACE TOO!

APARTMENTS WERE ORIGINALLY PRICED AT €240,000 UPWARDS, BUT  WHEN THE DEVELOPER EXPERIENCED SOME PROBLEMS, THE FINANCING BANK TOOK THEM ON. NOW WE HAVE A NUMBER OF THESE SUPERB APARTMENTS FOR SALE AT THE STAGGERING BARGAIN PRICE OF ONLY . . .

€170,000!

ALL APARTMENTS HAVE A BANK SUBROGATION MORTGAGE ATTACHED, ALL YOU HAVE TO PAY ARE THE COSTS APPROXIMATELY 10%

Plus small 5% finders fee to the lawyer.

THE RESERVATION DEPOSIT IS €3,500! - AND COMPLETELY REFUNDABLE"

This is the example he sent me

The sale price is 170k euros
You pay 10% closing costs 17,000 euros
5% finders fee to solicitors 8,500 euros
Total cash outlay 25,500 euros or roughly 22,000 sterling
You take on the existing mortgage which would run at about 425 euros/month

I already have 1 apartment (still waiting on the road) in phase 1 (top floor) bought November 2003 - I would be interested in any feedback/thoughts. At the time of talking to the agent there was 18 apartments to begin with. There was 9 left including 1 ground floor in block 4 with a large garden area.

Lily

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 11:26 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

So that comes to pushing 200,000 euros for a 2 bed apartment.  Plus mortgage costs.  Hmm.  I know the CDS is a bit more expensive but doesn't seem much of a bargain to me.  On the CB, they are going for around (or even less) than 100,000.  Also didn't like the "when the developer experienced some problems" bit, either.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 2:56 PM by lilyjones Star rating in South East London/Du.... 14 posts Send private message

lilyjones´s avatar

Sorry what you mean by CB??

Lily

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 3:13 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

i am working on a deal for these units as follows

valuation feb 09 of circa 220,000e

purchase price of           140,000e

mortgage of                  100%

fees of                          7,000e

they are "owned" by two banks.

will keep you advised of any progress if you like

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 3:21 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry, CB = Costa Blanca

CDS = Costa del Sol

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 8:14 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

'AND COMPLETELY REFUNDABLE"

Lying b-------- .   We have been trying to get our deposit back for the last two years . Don't believe them . We have had to be reigned that we have lost 4000Euros . What with the lawyers fees - £300 for a few telephone calls we have just has to walk away.  Breaks my heart so please don't trust them . We did everything correctly and above board they just stalled and more or less said take us to court . They keep changing their lawyers so when a new one starts they say that that they have to start all over again. 

Fortunately we bought a beautiful apartment , about a third of the size bigger , a massive balcony for just 20,000 Euros more . 

Have a look around and buy a re-sale - much better value and you may get all the furniture thrown in .

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 8:51 PM by lilyjones Star rating in South East London/Du.... 14 posts Send private message

lilyjones´s avatar

Thanks for your advice.

Lily

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Guarantee - 12 posts
Hot Tub on Terrace? - 5 posts
Sewage smell coming from Aircon Vents.. - 7 posts
fractional ownership - 3 posts
non resident bank charges - 19 posts
Gas BBQ - Garden Furniture - 2 posts
Getting a Fishing Licence?? - 2 posts
murcia ? within my budget nice area ? algorfa , cabo roig, san miquel de salinas any thoughts - 4 posts
financing a new car - 3 posts
Two excellent websites with reviews (by local diners)of restaurants on the Costa Blanca - 1 posts
EOS 5th birthday on Saturday - 20 posts
Key Lounges - 1 posts
Aeroclub ULM Vera - 1 posts
might b going to monda village - 0 posts
WERE THERE - 16 posts
Wealth and income tax non resident - 4 posts
Anti-Glare Window Film - 1 posts
How to translation these 2 sentenses? - 9 posts
Gibraltar Magazine - 1 posts
MM2 update - 1 posts
Cambank - 2 posts
Question regarding 11month rental - 6 posts
Obtaining an NIE number at Spanish Consulate Edinburgh - 3 posts
Hi everyone. - 14 posts
car hire gibraltar/la linea - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x