Any info on Lo Crispin please!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by Moo-Moo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi there

My family and I will be going to Lo Crispin on Friday and know very little about the area. I am hoping somebody may be able to tell me what were going to find when we get there?

We have a car but would like to know if there is anything in the area in walking distance, i.e bars or shops.

Any information would be greatfully recieved.

Many thanks

Michelle

This message was last edited by Moo-Moo on 30/06/2009.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 5:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Michelle, welcome to EOS.

Why are you going to Lo Crispin, I wonder ?  Are you renting a property for a holiday ? I ask because we generally find out a little about a place prior to booking a holiday & you don't seem to realise there's nothing currently at Lo Crispin. Well, I say nothing, there is one bar / restaurant  which is at one end of the urb, well away from the commercials which are currently not open.

We are not far away so I know. I'm glad you have a car as you'll be needing one. Quesada can be walked to but, as it's very hot there at the moment, I certainly wouldn't do it.  It's a trek. But you have a lot of choice once you realise you'll need to use the car.

Quesada is full of bars, cafes, restaurants, shops etc. Try our favourite restaurant , Mulberry's that overlooks the petrol station just inside the arches (has its own baked bread so sarnies served with homemade coleslaw & crisps are superb. They serve great meals) & The Lime Bar & restaurant (check out their website by clicking here )which has a huge roof terrace that overlooks Lo Crispin in the distance. To get to Lime Bar take the road on your left immediately before the arches & go almost to the end where you'll find it immediately after the Yorkshire Linen shop. When we went recently we had a 2 course MDD with a large glass of wine for 6.95€ & thought what we chose was excellent.

We like to people watch from a small cafe near the petrol station called Oscars with a small beer 1.20€ & the huge Don Carlos bar further up the main road's good, you must go inside & look, it's like something out of a western film.

You have endless places to eat in Benijofar, in Benimar & in Rojales nearby. Visit Rojales market on a Thursday, Zoco or Campo de Guardamar markets both on a Sunday & Guardamar (town) market on a Wednesday. 

Guardamar has a wonderful prom & a superb sandy beach with endless seafront eateries. Entertainers are always performing by the cafes. Visit the night market by the Sofia park in Guardamar & do go in the park, it's shaded by so many trees which is so welcome in the heat & there's peacocks, swans, ducks, terrapins, squirrels etc.  

Think that's enough for now.

Enjoy your time there.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 6:08 PM by Moo-Moo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for all that information! It was very helpful.

Yes, were just renting a house for a holiday - and we were expecting it to be very quite, but thats fine, we have the car for getting  around. I could not tell you where we are exactly - i am expecting the keys to the house and an address tomorrow, so i'll know more then!

I have been to other areas of Spain that i belive to be similar, most recently Cabo Roig.

I will try and post a messgae tomorrow with further details and perhaps you would be kind enough to reply if you have any further information on the area where we are.

I'm very much looking forward to it anyway, and its good to see lots of urbanization's as we are looking to live in Spain in the future.

Thanks again, Michelle

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 6:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

What ages are there in your family, Michelle ? If very young ensure they wear hats as that sun's unbelievable hot & also carry water with you, as we do. If you don't drink water regularly dehydration makes you feel really rough as we found out one day.

Just thought .. there's a water park in Quesada, click here  

More info on water park, click here

Bigger water park, Torrevieja, click here

I'll try to help in any way I can. 'See' you tomorrow.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 6:43 PM by Moo-Moo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hello again, my two children are 3 and 4. So it sounds very hot at the moment then? Were slighyly aclimatized as the UK is very hot at the moment, sticky and horribly hot! 

The water park might be a nice idea, thank you for the help, its very kind of you.

Speak shortly

Michelle

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 6:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Very hot, check out ten day weather for Alicante area here.

late 80's into 90's.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 12:30 PM by Moo-Moo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hello and good morining

I have an address for our house now - its Avenida De La Estacion, Urb Lo Crispin, Algorfa.

One thing you might be able to help me with is, where is the nearest, but biggest supermarket? Someting like a Carrefore that kind of thing.

Thanks

Michelle

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 1:29 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Moo Moo,

The nearest big supermarket is Consum, then Mercadona, then Carrefour.....

Come out of Lo Crispin, Turn right at roundabout.right at the next roundabout (quesada) down to the next roundabout and turn left,there is a big shopping centre there with everything you need.

Are you renting number 27 by any chance.............?

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 1:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hola Michelle again

Well, I see Georgia's found your thread, hiya Georgia

(Georgia's a male, Michelle, a Real estate agent in Algorfa, & a personal friend of myself & my OH)

Do meet up with him & you'll see he's a great person, full of local info.

(You'll now have the world calling on you now you've posted the address, especially if it's 27. )

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 2:05 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More........

No,It's just that i know the people who rent out in that street and it is really popular,they seem to have people in and out all summer..................

Take care

Georgia

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 2:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Michelle, Georgia's your man if you're going to be looking for bargain properties in the area in time. He's helped loads of EOS members find their dream place. He never stops helping.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 3:47 PM by Moo-Moo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thank you all for your help, well i'm a bit spooked that you know where were staying lol!  But yes it's 27!

I'm sure we'll be fine now we have some background information, as its more than we had when we booked!

Once again thanks for your help

Michelle

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 3:52 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Michelle,

there is not much that gets past the all knowing estate agent................spoooky eh?!!

Have a good holiday.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 3:56 PM by Moo-Moo Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Lol, obvioulsy not!

Its good to stay in lots of areas of Spain to get an idea of what life would be like there.

Were big fans of the Costa Del Sol, but are open at the moment.

Thanks again

Michelle

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Airport pick up and drop off - 0 posts
Hello everyone! - 4 posts
No tourist licence-help - 2 posts
rentals - 1 posts
Happy 5th Birthday Eye On Spain - 15 posts
Tennis Well done Andy Murray - 36 posts
No dudaría- I would not hesitate... Antonio´s by Rosario´ - 0 posts
Mirador de Torreblanca-what to do next? - 5 posts
Cheap air ticket Liverpool/Barcelona 13th to 23rd July - 0 posts
Cafe Vienna, Almoradi - 0 posts
good property management company in murcia region - 0 posts
Spain Uncut - 4 posts
Still looking for somewhere to rent for 6 months! - 7 posts
Capital Gains Tax Refund - 6 posts
New to it all - 3 posts
Need details of local newspaper in Manilva area - 5 posts
RHD VAN FOR SALE UKI PLATES - 9 posts
Alicante region and the iPhone - 0 posts
Hot air balloons - 1 posts
adinistrative silence rule - 13 posts
Apartments Swap Sale El Galan - 0 posts
Sky Prices from 1st September 2009 - 2 posts
Wanted Apartment Estepona - Gibraltar Long term - 2 posts
Grupo Masa - 2 posts
Communal Pool Costs - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x