Selling a property in Spain.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by Pinkie Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, Looking for help in the costs in selling my ,property purchased in march 2008.Any help very much appreciated.Thanks.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 11:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

If you sell through an agent, you should not accept commission of more than 5%. (IMHO)

Plus valia tax - payable to the local town hall; should be negligible, possibly zero, since you've had the property little more than a year. You can go to the town hall yourself to get the bill.

Capital Gains Tax: if you're non-resident, 3% of the sale price will be retained at the notary in lieu of any CGT due, which is 18% of any paper gain you make (less original purchasing costs). If the gain is zero (or negative) you can claim back the 3%.

Bank charges - if there's a mortgage to be cancelled there may be fees; if your bank wants to charge you for depositing the proceeds, negotiate!

Other than these, the costs involved should be met by the buyer. I can't think of any other costs you would incur, unless you choose to use a legal representative. Not really necessary in my opinion, especially if you sell through an agent - make them do the work!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 12:11 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Further to Robertos answer

Remeber any unpaid bills or debts on the property will be withheld, and  if use an agent the fee will will be plus IVA, I think this 16%., Roberto?

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 6:26 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Pinkie: Have you tried the owner to owner facility here in EyeonSpain?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 7:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Team GB - true, if the agent is legit they should charge IVA on their fees. Whether this is included in the agreed commission figure, or in addition to, should be clarified with the individual agent. Remember, they are negotiable!

I didn't mention outstanding bills, as these are not really costs related to selling as such, but remember that you will need certificates from both the town hall (for IBI) and the community if any, stating all fees are paid up to date, and usually you will be expected to produce latest utility bills as well.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 10:50 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Roberto

I know that outstanding bills are not really costs but I reckon OP Pinkie wanted the bottom line, without any nasty surprise.

I bought up the subject of unpaid bills because of our experience when we completed in February, we were in the notaries office with the vendors, they seemed shocked with the amount of there final cheque.

It turned out that although they had told us that there were no outstanding debts, in fact there was several, our lawyer had picked up on this and had made the necessary adjustment.After hasty talks with there lawyer they soon agreed.

Steve

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

bringing over freesatbox - 8 posts
IS THIS THE NEW WEALTH TAX??? - 2 posts
Fiesta Noche de San Juan 2009 - 8 posts
mosaic tables and chairs for sale - 1 posts
Trampolining/Gymnastics in or around Malaga - 6 posts
carrefour - 9 posts
Is there an alternative - 11 posts
Free to Air Tv in Costa Blanca - 3 posts
ZANUSSI OVEN/HOB & EXTRACTOR UNIT FOR SALE - 1 posts
BATHROOM UNITS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Wanted, POOL TABLE, in average to good condition, South Spain area - 16 posts
Alicante Hogueras fiestas - 0 posts
Orihuela Tax office experience - 9 posts
Online non resident’s tax pagatinas (stickers) requests - Warning - 10 posts
Orihuela Tax office – wrong address - 0 posts
Quickest way to obtain an NIE No - 1 posts
Fridge Freezer FOR SALE - 0 posts
Shower Screens & Bath Screen FOR SALE - 0 posts
Residents Group - 1 posts
Where can I buy a fouton in Costa Blanca? - 8 posts
San Juan question - 5 posts
I cannot wait for the next siesta show - 0 posts
cig prices !!!! - 0 posts
how to get pitch at sabi market - 5 posts
Handing over/ Signing up - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x