bringing over freesatbox

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by barymartin47 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I would like to know,which would be the best freesat skybox,we have a 2.4dish and have a villa near moraira north costa blanca, I was told that the thomson freesat would be better,but i have been loking at the Humax foxsat hd freesat digital tv recorder and it seems much better,but what onewould  i get the best reception from.any help most appreciated.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 8:58 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have the fessat HD box on a 1.9m dish in the Costa Blanca

Works great including HD transmissions

Have a Skybox as well, no HD, but gets Sky 3 and Fiver channels with card agian works well

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 11:30 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

A few things first....you are getting your sky and freesats mixed up...

Sky do not make any freesat boxes.

Sky and Freesat are two serperate companies and identities.

The best of the "new flow" design sky boxes is the thomson, which works quite well in Moriaira. You can use these without a sky viewing card, and get the free to air (FTA) channels, with a freesatfromsky card and receive the FTA channels and Five, Fiver Five USA, Sky 3 Setanata Sports News, and some stonger alternate ITV and C4 region options, or with a sky subscription card and get all FTA, FTV and whichever sub channels you pay for.

The Humax HD is also good in Moriara.

Downside of freesat boxes: no ability to use a sky card, therefore no Fiver, Five USA, a vresion of Five that you will loose at around 5pm, confusingly the main EPG on freesat does not have all the FTA channels - only 140 last time I checked, but others are able to be added in a nonfreesatmode.

Although the humax hd does have the ability of the free BBC HD channel, and the slected ITV HD service, and the free recoerding and playback HDD options.

Personally I have installed for a few people who have insisted on the Humax and have later expressed interest in going for a sky card, due to the limited channels and  desire to use their own sky card from home for more channels options.

if you really really want a freesat box, you can pick up great deals int he UK...look at the pice check / trackers on http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/digital-boxes

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 2:41 PM by keith77 Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hi

I have a box and a large dish etc , but get a bit confused as to which sattelite to align with for the best results . i am on the coast on the almeria / murcia border.

regards

keith

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 9:30 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

I assume you want the UK TV satellites?

UK satellite TV is transmitted from 4 satellites: Astra 2a, 2b, 2d, and Eurobird 1.

These are all located in the same satellite "constellation" of 28.2 to 28.5 degrees east of south.

Your dish will be able to receive all of these satellites (size depending) buy careful alignment - you will NOT need to move your dish eachtime you select a channel on one of the four diffferent satellites.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 11:02 AM by keith77 Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks for info,will have to find my compass now.

regards

Keith

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 7:24 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

have a look at

dishpointer.com

find your location, select the astra2 28 degrees east satellites and it shows you what direction to point the dish.....

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 1:22 PM by keith77 Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hi

That info was spot on found www.dishpointer com when i googled.put marker on top of my villa and got all the info at one go.

location lat  long

sattelite 28.2 asra 2a 2b 2d

elevation 36.6

azimuth (true)136.6

azimuth (magn) 137.7

lnb skew -1.6722

Will try it when next down ,thanks very much.

regards

keith

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 8:30 AM by shytalk Star rating in in Orgiva,Granada. 23 posts Send private message

shytalk´s avatar

I run a Humax freesat box with a 1.2 metre dish in Orgiva with perfect reception including Hd .If i manually tune the box I get quite a few more channels But hey who comes to live in Spain to watch tv all day.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IS THIS THE NEW WEALTH TAX??? - 2 posts
Fiesta Noche de San Juan 2009 - 8 posts
mosaic tables and chairs for sale - 1 posts
Trampolining/Gymnastics in or around Malaga - 6 posts
carrefour - 9 posts
Is there an alternative - 11 posts
Free to Air Tv in Costa Blanca - 3 posts
ZANUSSI OVEN/HOB & EXTRACTOR UNIT FOR SALE - 1 posts
BATHROOM UNITS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Wanted, POOL TABLE, in average to good condition, South Spain area - 16 posts
Alicante Hogueras fiestas - 0 posts
Orihuela Tax office experience - 9 posts
Online non resident’s tax pagatinas (stickers) requests - Warning - 10 posts
Orihuela Tax office – wrong address - 0 posts
Quickest way to obtain an NIE No - 1 posts
Fridge Freezer FOR SALE - 0 posts
Shower Screens & Bath Screen FOR SALE - 0 posts
Residents Group - 1 posts
Where can I buy a fouton in Costa Blanca? - 8 posts
San Juan question - 5 posts
I cannot wait for the next siesta show - 0 posts
cig prices !!!! - 0 posts
how to get pitch at sabi market - 5 posts
Handing over/ Signing up - 0 posts
price in gibraltar - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x