Looking for advice please about all furnishings for a villa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by sevilla Star rating in Scunthorpe UK and a.... 8 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, our villa in the outskirts of Lorca is just complete and we need to look at purchasing all fitments, furnishings. The most important things so we can have a holiday in July/August are the light fitments, fridge, beds and sofas, we would greatly appreciate some help and advice please. 

Tamara

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 2:54 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Sorry don't know where your villa is situated but have a suggestion.  Is it possible to fly out for a long weekend?  You could then either take with you an inflatable mattress as temporary bed or book into a hotel.  Source the furniture you want and arrange delivery for your return visit in July/Aug.  

Most furniture stores have beds in stock which they can deliver either that day or the next.  Depending on the time you visit the store.

If you do decide to camp in the house then you'll also need to take a table lamp with you.  Unless of course there's a Carrefour or Ardy's nearby which have a good selection of lights.  I managed to get a mother and baby lamp stand in Ardy's for under 20e.

When I bought my house I stayed at a friends for the first couple of days, I went to a store in the afternoon to buy the basics, beds, setee and fridge/freezer, which were delivered the next afternoon.  I gradually added extra pieces over the years, I made a few mistakes but still have most of the items.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 5:16 PM by sevilla Star rating in Scunthorpe UK and a.... 8 posts Send private message

Hi semijubilada, many thanks for the reply (things sure are quiet on here). Excellent advice, we have booked a hotel for the first weekend in July and plan on purchasing some inflatable matresses for ourselves and the children. During that weekend we will hopefully by the absolute essentials (eg fridge and lighting) and like you say view some furniture and build things up over time. Again thank you for your reply

Tamara

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 7:05 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You're welcome.

There's another forum on here which a lot of people use instead of this main board.  If you use the search facility above you might find that one has been set up for your area.  I did a search for Lorca and there are a couple of pages for different regions, Valencia and Murcia were on the first couple of pages.

Hopefully you might find someone on there who could help you further.

One thing you should do is think about changing the locks before you move a lot of furniture in.  If you can't find anyone to talk to in your area, see if you can access one of the local English papers on line.  You might find some adds for locksmiths etc.  Whilst there walk around and see if you can talk to anyone who has already moved in.  They can normally give you numbers of tradesmen who they have used for all the extra jobs which need to be done.

I don't want to frighten you but it's best to be prepared, new builds seem to be targeted.  Maybe because so many keys are handed out to tradesmen whilst work is going on. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Disruptions to Eye on Spain services - Sunday 7 June - 8 posts
Best Beaches in August on Costa Blanca South - 3 posts
Gas bottles in Manilva - 4 posts
New Business venture - 1 posts
How to find a good property management company? - 9 posts
Transport from Murcia Airport to Vera Playa - 15 posts
Sending important legal documents to Spain quickly - 7 posts
car salvage - 3 posts
Interest Only Mortgage - 4 posts
International Mortgages - 12 posts
Electricity providers` - 15 posts
Airport Transfer - 2 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale Only £100 or Euros - 0 posts
New sky card problems - 24 posts
community fees. how is the fee worked out - 7 posts
eye on spain car hire - 2 posts
Alhambra and Granarda Visit - 1 posts
SKY TV FORMENTERA COASTABLANCA - 2 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
POSSIBLE RETURN TO UK. - 0 posts
Dissatisfaction with Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
childminding in playa flamenca - 1 posts
INDESIT WASHER,FRIDGE FREEZER,TUMBLE DRYER FOR SALE - 0 posts
QUALITY BEDROOM FURNITURE SET FOR SALE - 1 posts
Problem dogs - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x