snagging

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2009 12:00 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have been wondering how parcels are dealt with in Spain if you only have a remote postbox.

If you are not in to receive the parcel (do they try to deliver it to your home if you have a postbox?) is there a a sorting office sort of think like there is here in the UK?

I am in Calpe by the way.

Many thanks fore any advice.

Like 0      
22 May 2009 9:22 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi,

Here in Terreros the post lady leaves a form in the letter box letting us know there is a parcel to collect from the post office, which for us, is up in Pulpí, about 15 mins away. The form gives details of the post office where the parcel will be. On complexes where they just have a block of post boxes at the entrance rather than on each property they don't even bother to bring the package with them.

Courrier companies will try to deliver to your door and if you are out will leave a slip asking you to ring and arrange another delivery.

On the whole it seems to work ok, you just need to find where your post is delivered from and the opening hours. I always avoid going to collect a parcel on Market Days as parking is a nightmare near our Post Office then, but most times I can drive straight there and park outside.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
24 May 2009 6:36 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Jacqui, you must be in the Spanish pace of life having been there now for over a year.  To have to drive 15 minutes to collect a package would drive me nuts but I'd put up with it for all that lovely sunshine. I think our post boxes are all numbered wrong so no doubt we'll all be collecting everybody elses mail to begin with.  Should be fun.  I'm not collecting anything in a plain brown envelope.

Hope your year 2 is just as enjoyable!  See you in Tererros sometime!

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
25 May 2009 1:19 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Mojito - if you are in a new development then you may not have anything delivered to your postbox until all the paperwork is done and the boxes are inspected.  It took me 10 months of pestering Correos and our Administrators before they would use our boxes.  You also need to ensure that the address is absolutely perfect or they will just send your mail back!

You should have better luck with parcels as they may come to the door with them and leave a note, as the other people have advised.

Regards

Like 0      
25 May 2009 5:08 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Check all the wheelie bins around the area - if your postal service is anything like ours, you'll probably find your package in one of them.

NEVER send important or valuable items by Spanish mail. NEVER.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electric Problems - 0 posts
Spanish Court Corruption - Whats the next move? - 5 posts
transferring car ownership - 1 posts
problems with yahoo. - 3 posts
Global World Services - 1 posts
Palacios Mar and Limon Mar - 1 posts
Working out mortgage payments - 7 posts
La Refugia? - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a good estate agent on the costa del sol??? - 2 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 10 posts
Creditors meeting - 5 posts
1 day of.... - 5 posts
Lets Live Abroad - 4 posts
Beware: Club Blinko - 14 posts
Who to complain to at Polaris - 3 posts
Internet in apartments? - 1 posts
BABY SEATS FROM CAR HIRE COMPANY'S - 11 posts
nie number - 1 posts
Alicante / Benidorm Airport Taxi Transfer - 6 posts
Please can someone confirm..................... - 2 posts
Long term rental - 2 posts
Building Complete - 24 posts
Trying to navigate the holiday rentals section - 2 posts
Aldea Advisors - 12 posts
PROMOBY DEVELOPERS/BUILDERS - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x