Vital Dent

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2009 12:00 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Anyone had any experience with the dental franchise companies Vital Dent? I was out on holidays and had tooth ache. Put it off with paracetamol till I couldn't stand it any longer.  Of course on a saturday the recommended dentists were closed and I went to see Vital Dent.  They quickly did an Xray and told me I needed two molars and an incisor out urgently otherwise it would affect my spinal chord.  I think they would have extracted them there and then if I hadn't insisted on waiting until I got home in a couple of days time.  My own dentist was suspicious when I told him they wouldn't give me a copy of the Xrays and when he examined my mouth he said a more focussed antibiotic would cure the problem.  I don't like going to the dentist at the best of times but that hads made me even more wary.  I have since googled Vital Dent and have seen a number of complaints about them extracting and filling teeth that wasn't necessary and bills of 2000 euros.

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
10 May 2009 10:41 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I have a total phobia of dentists and if I'd been told that they need to extract three teeth there and then I would have just ran out!

Where dentists are concerned I don't know why but I always prefer to go to a another one for a second opinion before deciding what to do.  I've had so many bad experiences and healthy teeth extracted that it makes me very wary.

Interesting about your experience with Vital Dent, we have heard a similar story before.

Luckily you didn't listed to them!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 1      
06 Dec 2013 12:08 PM by AC123 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Although I didn't want to go to the dentist in Spain, I had a gingivitis over a few weeks and finally I had to go. Because my Spanish was not that good, it was easy to book an appointment online with Vitaldent (Carrer Sants, Barcelona). Furthermore, the first meeting was for free. They told me I need a treatment with 4-5 meetings. If i didn't do that, it would have horrible consequences, they told me. During the treatments they told me I need a dental brance for adults. If I don't implement a dental brance, the gingivitis will come again and again. Then they told me I have around 12 wholes to be done. Of course I didn't believe them and realized that they are forced to sell. After the treatment I had a strange feeling in one tooth. Back in Switzerland, I went to the dentist. I had 2 small wholes and I definitely do not need a brance. The worst thing was, that they destroyed one of my "tooth bones". This is not repairable and I have to go every 1-2 months to the dentist to keep this tooth clean to avoid infections. Thanks Vitaldent for leaving me back with this problem for the rest of my life! Keep away from this dubious business model!

Like 0      
06 Dec 2013 1:53 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I have experienced a similar problem in the UK - was told I needed "periodontal treatment" and suggested I had to pay £200 just for a report!  I couldn't see any value in receiving a report, but had the feeling that this was really to give them the opportunity to sell the next phase which was clearly going to be a few thousand pounds.  So I went to another dentist who reckoned that the problem could be dealt with by a hygenist - 12 months later it seems he was right - so it's not just Spain.

On the other hand I've used dentists in Spain several times and always been satisfied with the treatment and atrtitude - and certainly a whole lot cheaper than UK.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2013 2:25 PM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

My son worked for the Company a few years ago.  After 12 months, he gave in his notice as he was becoming increasingly upset at people being charged for work done that, in his opinion, wasn't needed! Says it all...... 

Mag

Like 1      
06 Dec 2013 3:25 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Mrs B kept getting a periodic tooth ache so went to the our dentist who we had and we were all private, nothing wrong that i can see was the answer, it came and went, back a couple of times, nothing that i can see every time, except the £25.00 for looking every time, in Spain it came back again, so in the dentist she went, one rear tooth was the problem and had to come out, 40€ plus small prescription for antibiotics.

The same dentist put a cap on one of mine and after almost £400.00 having this cap refitted, after it kept coming loose, many times,  I told him to take it out, £50.00 job done.

A friend who owned a dentist supply company and wholesalers pointed out to me every dentist around the area that bought the cheapest products going from him, like many things for sale there are bad cheap rubbish items, and top notch expensive items, out of 20 dentists only 4 bought the best items.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Make your land more productive - 2 posts
MALAGA DAVE - 0 posts
Villapac on the Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Needing Good Solicitor - 5 posts
tax office for 210 forms - 15 posts
marina del castillo - 0 posts
Property Rental Wanted- Benijofar / Benimar / Rojales Hills - 0 posts
Jet2 Points For 'Free' Flights - 0 posts
hello nice to see you all....potential customer - 1 posts
Polaris World Condado de Alhama- TV - 2 posts
How to estimate occupancy rates - 6 posts
Development maps incorrect - 3 posts
City of Malaga - Information and Advice for Potential Visitors - 0 posts
Notification problems again - 2 posts
GOLF COURSE RATINGS / COMMENTS - 5 posts
Renault Express Combi For Sale... - 0 posts
Water meter costs - 10 posts
Orange - 5 posts
WANTED LAWYER WHO TAKES NO NONSENSE AND FIGHTS FOR CLIENTS - 1 posts
Hiring baby car seats etc. San Juan de los Terreros - 0 posts
car boots in costa blanca - 1 posts
What's the easiet way to know where your local airport flies to - 2 posts
Parking at Murcia Airport - 2 posts
A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN JUST 2 HOURS - 0 posts
children's healthcare - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x