Builders Water Supply

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2009 12:00 AM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Our Urbanisation has just been informed by the developer that the builders water supply to our homes will be turned off on 1 June 2009.

This gives us (200+ homes) about 3 weeks to organise meters etc.

I suppose they are allowed to do this, but is it legal to give such short notice of the event?

Does it infringe our human rights to have access to a clean source of water?

How have others coped with this?

Like 0      
05 May 2009 12:34 PM by alancambs Star rating in Las Kalendas Fortuna. 134 posts Send private message

alancambs´s avatar

And what about people like myself and others who dont live there....

To me the builders are severing the last tie with the site and after the water has been turned off then we wont see them for dust, they still have one more swimming pool to build and they need to tidy up lots of waste ground....oh and we were told when we purchased that a new road was going to be put down after all the lorries had finished on the site....mmm

Like 0      
05 May 2009 1:49 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Dennis:

Of course, you need to have enough time to arange the change of the meters to your personal data and with specific contracts. I would approach the water company in order to be flexible and cooperate to a smooth transition.

I would do it through a lawyer´s letter.

Do you have first Occupation Licenses?

Best regards,

Maria L. de Castro

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 May 2009 2:17 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

We understand our first Occupation Licences are still being held by the builders - they needed them to arrange the installation of the electricity meters some time ago - or so we were told.

I dare say we could get the water company to be flexible, but that's not much use when the builder turns the supply off!

Like 0      
05 May 2009 6:17 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar

Like Dennis and Alan we will suffer again at the hands of Procumasa

My property is falling apart at the seams and they have no interest in doing repairs including subsidence of the garden and a driveway in a dangerous state

All the swimming pools are in a non safe state. The sewage system is not working and the overflow water has been used to irrigate around the pools one of which has been closed due health reasons.

Las Kalendas is being guarded by residents dayly due to the break ins. Procumasa have said they are not willing to help

Now water being cut off PROCUMASA SHAME ON YOU

Like 0      
07 May 2009 1:21 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Letters are going out today.

Procumasa want 300euros to arrange the connection of meters etc. This price includes a sum for 'the minimal charge for the water consumed up to now'

They are also witholding the paperwork that allows individuals to do it themselves. So in effect they are blackmailing us into paying their price for a basic essential.

Payment has to be made by 18 May and water will be turned off 1 june!

Like 0      
07 May 2009 2:06 PM by alancambs Star rating in Las Kalendas Fortuna. 134 posts Send private message

alancambs´s avatar

I do belive its illegal to be charged for builder supplys, gas, electicity or WATER!!!!!

So dream on ....

Like 0      
07 May 2009 2:17 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

If you have given your solicitor power of attourney to pay your bills, it may be worth checking that they do not pay by default.

Like 0      
07 May 2009 2:24 PM by alancambs Star rating in Las Kalendas Fortuna. 134 posts Send private message

alancambs´s avatar

Already in hand....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

rentals - 15 posts
Make sure you get all your appliance guarantees - 0 posts
Collecting Certificate of Habitation from Town Hall - 1 posts
Does a bank guarantee allow us to successfully reclaim back the deposit we've paid? - 6 posts
KIDS QUAD BIKE FOR SALE - 0 posts
Want to swap Costa de la Luz apartment for property in South West UK - 1 posts
Tooway, The way Forward - 0 posts
We have not signed our contract. Is it still legal ? - 12 posts
It's back..... Part 2 - 9 posts
small claims court - 4 posts
small claims court - 3 posts
Royal Doulton Dinner Service - 5 posts
Hi everyone, yet another newbie in deep doo-doo - 20 posts
Forum Help - 10 posts
driving on someones insurance - 0 posts
Decisions, decisions - 3 posts
Community Pools - 3 posts
Lawyer not providing final costings after completion. - 3 posts
It's BACK.......... - 20 posts
Builders Water Supply - 0 posts
Great 2bed 2,5 bath large apartment to rent in Casares - 0 posts
Form 214 vs 210 - 0 posts
Comunidad through EOS - 1 posts
buying beds - 2 posts
Now for the good part!!!! - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x